1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

When Will Bell Return Prediction Thread ... Poll closes Nov 9

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Nov 7, 2018.

When Will Bell return to sign the tag?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2018.
  1. Saturday Nov 10 to get paid the money for Sunday's game and accrue another season

15.0%
  2. Tuesday Nov 13 before the deadline to accrue a season

40.0%
  3. He won't sign and sit out all year.

45.0%
  1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I actually predicted last week, before all this new tag info that I had a gut feeling that he's done as a Steeler and he won't play at all this year.

I'm sticking with it.

I'll refrain from saying anything bad about him, his mom and dad seem to be board members here.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    He's already proved he's dumber than a box of rocks. If Bradshaw couldn't spell cat, starting with the c and a, Bell can't spell rocks, starting with the r and o and c and k.

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Can he kick extra points? I kid, I kid...

4. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Love to do this, especially as my namesake/avatar and RL buddy is the forgotten member of that draft class...

• Like Like x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  6. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I blame TTF.... I think he’s got a deal with bell...... the more bell threads.... results in better odds that TTF makes bells next rap album.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

It was actually "Being spotted the C and T" but point well taken.

Bell is so dumb though that he would probably spell money as JETSKI.

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Sadly, TTF’s deal was mistakenly made with Myron Bell, so he’s seeing nothing from all of this. Disaster all round.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I voted the 12th. Steelers negotiate a 2week exemption window(less money) In about 3 games from now you should see

Lev Bell on sidelines or in games. Not what I hoped but I hoped the Steelers could have made some sort of deal

for a draft pick or player. It did not happen. So we are stuck with a malcontent for the rest of season.

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Now thats funny. Nobody ever questioned his right to get his money what we do question was the way he did it

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's a poll, and a legit thread.

There will be Bell threads on a Steelers forum as long as it is an area of topic that is concerning the Steelers

12. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Interesting outlook. Not sure why Bell would agree to lower money or why the Steelers would apply a 2 week exemption on him and have him sit on the sideline to have a malcontent player.

Either way, appreciate the perspective.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    From the article http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000985665/article/leveon-bell-in-upsidedown-tweet-dont-judge-me

"For those of us who can't read upside down, here's the translation:

"Just about everybody has an opinion on my life and worried about what I'm doing. Don't judge me off my decision because maybe this isn't what you'd do.... But most people don't take the time to simply read between the lines and that's clearly on them. I'm not going to apologize for what I believe is right for myself, family and the rest of my peers, period.... Also, if you're really finding the time to figure out what I'm saying you've proved my point.

Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, Bell must sign his franchise tender or sign a one-year deal with the team ahead of the Nov. 13 deadline in order to retain his eligibility for this season.

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reported on Wednesday that the Steelers know Bell is in town but he still hasn't reached out. His teammates continue to express their frustrations with the situation. One player told Kinkhabwala that, "This Le'Veon thing is just a cloud over us at this point. Just make a decision, sign or not, be in or out, and let's all move forward."

There is apparent confusion on whether it really impacts Bell's plans to get big payday in free agency next year if he'd sit out the year or not. There has been conflicting reports on the amount the Steelers would have to pay for a franchise tag next year. Some stating if he didn't accrue this year with the tag than he could be tagged next year for the same amount (14.5 mil). New reports are stating it wouldn't matter ultimately and that he'd have to be offered the amount for a 3rd tag irregardless of if he signed this year or not.

So who knows. There is the transition tag option, which doesn't appear to be impacted either.

So really the only benefit for Bell returning this year appears to be showcasing his abilities and that he still has it for next year.

But with Conner doing so well, will Bell get much of this opportunity anyways?

It may be in his best interest to just sit out.

Just interesting to see this all play out. Conner is the man at RB.

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    He has already made a bad decision and if he thinks the steelers will showcase his talents he is likely mistaken. If I was the coach he would be showcasing his sweats and doing his best Deuce Stanley impersonation

15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Hi 86Wards, you made me google the quote. The 1979 Sports Illustrated article used c and a. If you find a different quote I would be curious to see it. Its amazing how our memories can go back 39 years, yet I can't remember two days ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Staley ,but yeah I know what you mean,,he did get a ring though ,,LOL..
    I still remember that clip of Cowher on the sidelines with him at the SB,, "I didn't get you a carry ,but I got you a ring"

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Bell is an idiot

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yeah I know its Staley.. Running joke on this board lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I would’ve gone for Kristen Bell.

Still would, too.

20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Poll is still up for any interested in participating.

21. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
  22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

yeah there is no way they tag him at 25 million..

23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Apparently Bell has now removed his affiliation with the Steelers on Twitter. Which is weird considering he's in town. Maybe he's going back to Florida?

24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    “Fairwell, Ding-Dong”

• Like Like x 1
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    His agent makes millions of dollars but couldn't be bothered to take the time to research this.