1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tough Stretch

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    We have the Panthers, Jags, Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, Patriots, Saints, and Cincinnati for the rest of our schedule. That’s a really tough stretch of games. The only easy looking matchup is the Raiders. I don’t care how bad the Jags are playing they’ll get out for us. Also it’s not easy to play in Denver.

Then we have the Chargers, Patriots, Saints and Bengals. Not in that order but who are all good to great teams. Except maybe the Bengals but it’s a divisional matchup so that’s never easy. It’s gut check time starting tomorrow. What do you think our record will be after that schedule?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I really hope we're looking at a locked up spot and playing Dobbs and/or Rudolph in week 17.

Maybe even a heavy dose of Samuels, Finney and Fieler.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    To be the best you have to beat the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Maybe this is a good thing with how bad we play vs lower competition. I worry about the Cheats as always but the good thing is the Saints and Chargers have to come here and that is a big advantage for us. I really believe we will be ready for the Jagoffs this time and we win that game, however for some reason the Raiders always play us tough especially when they are down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We play in NO. They played at Heinz in 2014

6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'd venture to say it is the toughest remaining schedule in the AFC. Still think 9 wins can win division and regardless if we are a SB contender every time we make the playoffs it adds to our streak of team with most playoff appearances in the SB era.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The remaining schedule is brutal. I'm optimistic about this team. There is no reason not to be. I think we can get through the remaining schedule with only two losses. There are at least 6 playoff teams on our remaining schedule. No matter what happens the Steelers will be battle tested heading into the playoffs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    At least we are ready as we can be to play these games. Just need to keep ramping up and stay away from serious injuries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm worried about sd and no. I may be in the wrong here but I'm seriously unimpressed with NE this year. I feel like last yr's sb was the beginning of the end.

11. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Mmm. Looks like this is a predictive tool, nice. It looks at not only who you already played, but when you played them what they were ranked at the time. If I`m right, our rating will be high after the regular season is completed unless the tough teams left on our schedule fall apart before we play them.

12. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    10-5-1.

(Please let that add up to 16. :beg:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Great there goes that.....merry effin xmas lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Very tough stretch. We're going to find out just how good we are, starting with tonight. Carolina is on fire and Cam is playing really well lately. McCaffrey is going to give us fits I think. Luckily Carolina doesn't have any good WR's that can burn us. Doesn't mean Funchess won't, you never know with our DB's, but WR is definitely not their strength.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry to bring it up but you just know that if the trend continues and Fouts announces the SD game on December 2, they'll do flashbacks to the 1994 AFCCG (although I just realized that Stan Humphries was the QB in 1994 as Fouts had retired 6 years earlier), the game that on this MB still ranks as one of the worst all time Steeler losses. :facepalm:

16. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    We do play lesser talented teams with no enthusiasm. It’s like we’re scared to lose to a team we should beat. Well we’ll figure out how good we really are starting tonight. Carolina is really good this year and they have a lot of weapons. Cam, McCaffrey, Funchess, and Olsen. That’s not including their defense who is pretty good. Although we have some weapons ourselves!

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If Fouts would have been under center it would not have hurt so bad.