1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Wants Bell?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Nov 4, 2018.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No...Not really

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    No one knows.
    I don't think they have a dozen carries combined this season. Kinda like Conner last season.

4. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Samuels is an unknown commodity in the NFL. Until he gets some carries, I don't have an opinion.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The point is they are technically depth. How good that’s another question.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ridley 10, Samuels 5

7. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Nobody cares, but theres 100s of threads on him?? Shut up stupid...that's the epitome of an moronic statement if I ever read one. Im pretty sure you see there are people who want him to be here on the forum, or are you just ignoring those comments and moving on to the comments of those not in favor of it? You don't speak for everybody, you just speak for yourself. Not to mention, you may be an idiot savant, but you definitely dont have the capability of mental telepathy. You can barely form a thought in your own head. So how do you know what Bell is thinking and if he wants to be here or not??

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was close.
    I wouldn't mind seeing them get some more carries, but it's tough to go away from the hot hand.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn't work like that or otherwise you'd see every player in the last year of a contract before hitting free agency sitting out. Bell is absolutely hurting his value missing this much football.

You're assuming a lot that whomever he was traded to would have run him into the ground. First of all, they'd have to give him like 60 touches a game to do that at this point in the season and secondly, if someone did trade for him, it would have been with the idea of signing him long term.

So yeah, Im copping an attitude for him screwing the team. Im a Steelers fan, not individual player fan. Why would it surprise you that fans are pissed at him. Had Conner not rose to the occasion, he really would have screwed them. Steelers aren't some **** organization that Bell and some fans are acting like they are.

Whatever man, Glenn is right, had this whole conversation with someone else here already. I think Bell is a dick and really don't care who has a problem with that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I didnt say cooks. I said in the past they have cut guys the traded first round picks for. And they did want to trade gronk. Gronk has had serious injury problems in the past and bill is the type of coach that likes to get rid of guys before it's too late and they hit the wall or before they are due for a payday. Like malcolm butler, asante samuel, Chandler jones, wes welker, nate solder, lawyer milloy, etc.. the list goes on.The most recent one was kony ealy. They traded a 1st rd pick for him and cut him in the middle of camp. And it wasnt a pride thing? Why continue to even keep the tag on this guy with all this going on? Never seen another team do this. Then they supposedly wanted to trade him. When teams can trade players that they want to get rid of they normally at this point just cut bait and move on. The nfl though more than any other sport protects the franchises over the players.

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    But how many times have you seen a team continue to franchise tag a guy when they cant agree on a long term deal? The only one I can remember recently is kirk cousins. Most teams if the see the year of the first franchise tag that they cant meet a deal with said player they dont continue to tag him a 2nd year knowing they wont agree with a long term deal. The steelers though wanted to use leveon as who wouldnt he was the best back in the nfl the last few years while not meeting the demands he wanted. Most other teams would have just cut bait once they saw they couldnt agree to a deal as a guy feeling like he was not compensated fairly wouldnt be the best guy to keep around for team chemistry.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont think he does but he had no choice into where he played. Had he not been franchised tag I'm 99.9% sure he would be playing elsewhere.

13. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Look at this guy. Wants his cake and eat it too. All the while he totally ignored the other side of the equation like it doesnt matter. Bell doesnt want to play for any team under a franchise tag!! What dont you get about that?? It doesn't matter if the team that trades for him gives him 60, 40 or 20 touches. They cant guarantee any type of contract until next year and what if he doesnt make it to next year (i.e. Ryan Shazier)?? so why play for anyone and risk getting injured, hence, he didnt sign at the trade deadline. That's not his problem. Thats the Steelers problem. They can make a business decision, but Bell can't?? Hes not even under contract to them!!!

This is the irony of you disgruntled fans. You guys give all these examples of how Belichick sucked all the good years out of these players and then dumped them out on the side of the road, and then act like you dont understand why Bell did what he did!! The Steelers made a business decision and now Bell is making a business decision. Why does the team get to make one and Bell doesnt??

You guys are so biased that you cant see straight down the middle of this thing that this is a guy who is trying to preserve his body and his financial future which you, the fans, who trash him and the Steelers org, give no 2 cents about because you're only concerned about your own personal entertainment issues.

14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Can you name one? Just one? Out of all the players you listed only one was traded. The rest all left via free agency. As for ealy they traded a 2nd round pick for him. You really need to work on this football analyst stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not much because most players are reasonable and a deal is reached. Why were they able to reach a deal with AB? And every other star player they've tried to re-sign?

I'm sure the Steelers felt a deal could be worked out, they just underestimated Bells greed.

He reminds me exactly like Mike Wallace. Well, just like the Wallace situation, Conner will benefit as AB did. After next season, he'll get a sweet deal and he won't put the screws to the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Get a grip, you're not making any sense. If Bell signs to play with the Steelers in the next week whats the difference if he did that before the trade deadline? 1 extra week going to trash his body?

The touches was in reference to you claiming the team he was traded to would run the wheels off him, no, they won't, its a ridiculous narrative Bell fans are clinging too.

17. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    It only takes one hit to end your career goofy. Are you even paying attention to what you're typing?? Is it ridiculous that he had 350 or more touches in 3 or more seasons here? Why is that? Because of his versatility. You think the team that would trade for him wouldn't want to take advantage of that?? You think the team that would have traded for him would have had him on a pitch count?? There going to pay him almost a million week and put him on a pitch count? What if there in contention??

Him signing next week is irrelevant 1) because he hasn't done it 2) even if he does it's just so that he gets his last year of eligibility to make him a free agent. It doesnt mean that he will be happy about it.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Personal attacks aren't allowed here, don't like that rule, go elsewhere.

Yup, paying attention and you're wrong and all over the map with your debating. You argued that he didn't want to be traded because he didn't want the wheels to be run off him. So you think they are going to give him 60 carries a game? 100? He'd be playing about 6 games depending when he signs. No one is going to be able to run the wheels off him. And yes, all it takes is one hit but Bells argument and yours is wear and tear, not an injury per se but the mileage.

Turns out he might not be signing at all if recent reports tonight are true, will make the tag too high for the Steelers to use it again. Hope the bum is done here!

19. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Dude, take a breath. I’m not a “Bell hater”. When I said I didn’t see the offer as a lowball, it’s because it was $70mm over 5 years ($14mm/year). At the time, that would have easily made Bell the highest-paid RB in football.

Your “lowball” argument apparently is focused only on the guaranteed portion. That’s the aspect where, in my opinion, two significant knee injuries and multiple drug violations rightly came into play.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Its wear and tear and injury...you cant separate one from the other...smh. my argument is that he doesn't want to play at all without a contract that doesnt pay him reasonable guaranteed money. Clearly you've only read what you wanted to read because ive said that all along. Reading is one thing. Comprehending is another . No their not going to run the wheels off him now because he didnt give them a chance too, but they're going to do it too Conner. Let's see how his body holds up.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Um, yeah, you can separate the two and it is you that clearly has no reading comprehension. Insult me again and say goodnight. If you can't be an adult, leave.

22. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    You specifically mentioned the 10 million. You didnt say anything about the 70 million and Bell was already the highest paid running back under the franchise tag so your statement made no sense. The 70 was never the issue and never has been the issue. The Steelers and their fans just keep bringing it up to make it seem like Bell passed up something good on the surface.

If you want to bring up knee injuries then what do you do with the fact that Todd Gurley suffered a torn right ACL in college and a thigh injury that significantly hampered him in his sophomore NFL season? The threat of serious injuries is a part of the game. If the Steelers didnt think he was 100% healthy why negotiate with him at all?? Well they can do that if there willing to give him the $10 million guaranteed low ball offer. Not more than that.

Yes the two drug violations do have an impact, but why not create a stipulation in the contract about it? They way things are going it's a good chance reasonable marijuana use will be allowed in the next CBA agreement but I know u cant count on that. IJS.

23. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Clearly you can't separate the two because steelers fan use in one argument that the reason they didn't give him the guaranteed money he was seeking is because of his two knee injuries while in the other using belichick as an example of a coach who gets rid of players once he feels their value has declined because of wear and tear because he feels the players are expendable. They say it's the Steeler Way not to give out big long term contracts to a position that's replaceable with the next guy up. Like I said you guys want your cake and eat It too.

As far as you implying I insulted you that last comment I spoke facts not an insult. I said multiple times Bell would like no carries under a franchise tag w/o a guaranteed money contract that he feels is fair. You came back and said I was concerned about his pitch count. No, from his [Bell's] position I'm telling you that he would like no carries and the only reason he will sign Is so he doesnt have to go through this again next year. you want to make it personal by misconstruing what I said over a Bell debate thats on you.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m glad Bell’s not here. He’s dumb as a box of rocks. I hope that piece of trash never puts on the Black and Gold again.

25. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

Please take a look at all of the 2019 free agents that are playing this year with nothing guaranteed...Clay Matthews, Suggs, Cobb, Mosley...to just name a few.

Not a very smart guy but I don’t believe any of these guys are being paid $14.4 million but they are showing up and playing for their team.

And rumor had it that the Steelers offered Bell a great contract in 2017 that his agent was excited about and Bell wouldn’t sign it because he changed his mind about being an ambassador for rb’s and now wanted to be paid for his receiving talents.

Bell is a POS a$$hat that wants, wants, wants but doesn’t really know what he wants because he either changes his mind or is a flat out lying douche.

When have the Steelers let a star player go without coming to terms? As you said a top talent...I cannot remember one...PB center, PB QB, PB WR, PB G, did right thing with big Al. Shazier, etc, etc.

Bell should receive all the hate he is getting...lying to teammates, lying to fans saying this will be his best year ever.

But you still support him??

• Agree Agree x 1