1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Wants Bell?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Nov 4, 2018.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

How many times has Gurley been suspended for drugs? How many injuries? Are the rams paying a franchise qb 22million per year or do they have cap space?

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers don't reveal contract details so we don't know what the guarantee money was. You'll excuse me if I don't believe Bell. I trust that the Steelers offered him a fair deal, they take care of their own.

He should have showed up and balled out and get his big payday next season. Not keep the organization and teammates in the dark about his intentions and then fail to show up. Her tried to put the screws to the Steelers by sitting out, little did he know his sorry ass wasn't needed, I'm laughing at him.

Then he doesn't sign by the trade deadline which prevents the Steelers from possibly coming up with some nice draft picks for next season and improving the team and you have the audacity to tell fans not to cop an attitude? Oh hell no, Bell can piss all the way off. If the Steelers did only offer him 10 million, its Bells stupid ass for getting into trouble smoking weed! Steelers should give him 45 million up front when he's a toke away from suspension, screw that.

All of this is Bells fault and he lost and I couldn't be happier about that. Punk can take his talents back to south beach.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Who Wants Bell..... I Do, I Do, I Do.

Sorry, I just do not see us winning in the Playoffs without a fresh James Connor.
    Right now I think he is just carrying too much of a load to still be playing at the top of his game come Playoff time.

Hoping Bell comes in and says the tried and true line of "whatever is best for the team". Happy, to be the best backup RB in the league.

I am praying that the Steelers just do not rescind his offer, making him a Free Agent allowing the Patriots to sign him for their Playoff run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You must have just skimmed over my post because I said I had no problem with any of that if that's the reason you dont want to pay him. What I have a problem with is if that's the position you're taking then this works both ways.

The Steelers may have the rights to LeVeon, but he is not in a contract with them. The Steelers made their decision. They were not going to be committed to him based upon the guaranteed money in the contract.

You know who Ryan Shazier is right?? LeVeon and no other player with half a brain is going to risk their long term health or financial future for an organization that's not committed to them. Hes within his full right to sit out as long as he has to and refuse to sign anything that could get him traded to another team that would have ran him into the ground without a contract in play that had the guaranteed money he was looking for. Period.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Is Samuel’s and Ridley not depth?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Everything you say here is correct. The low ball stuff previously posted is :bscow:

Bell brought it on himself. Stay off the weed and be honest and honorable last year and this and he would have a long term contract with the Steelers.

7. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Why does he need to ball out? Why does he need to endure another 400 touches. Hes already proved he can do all that. So you want me to show up and risk another year under a franchise tag???
    For what?? Theirs nothing to gain from it. If he signs by the trade deadline then he ends up with another team, being ran into the ground, playing under a franchise tag still with no long term contract. So yeah, why cop a attitude. You act like Bell owes the team something. The team doesnt owe him anything and he doesnt owe the team anything. The Steelers have lost nothing from this so far, so what's the issue??

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You do know that the Steelers honored that fifth year option for Ryan cheesier right? That’s something that they didn’t have to do. What happens of Anthony Chicilo Gets hurt? Where is his guaranteed money yet? I could list a ton of players all across the NFL who are in the last year of the contract and they’re there playing.

9. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011

You're comparing Anthony Chicilo(sp?) To Le Veon Bell?? That's laughable. That's the best you could do?? They paid Ryan Shazier that money because it would have given them a black eye in the eyes of everyone in Steeler nation, and outside. It doesnt mean that they would do it for anyone else and it's certainly not a guarantee. You cant take chances like that when you're signing a contract based upon what you presume the organization will do if you get hurt.

10. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Actually not... stop fooling yourself. Why are you even asking that? Are you that bitter?? I mean read again what you just wrote??

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah I’m comparing the two. Chicola doesn’t have a life to live after football? Same rules don’t apply for him? What happens if you get hurt at work? Yeah you get Workmen’s Comp. Go get busted for drugs a couple times and see if your employer will give you a guaranteed salary. Besides Belll would’ve had 14.4 million guaranteed if He would’ve signed that tag.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Look the whole idea of my original reply to the other person was just busting his balls. Samuel‘s and Ridley are depth by definition. Would bell be better? Duh.
    And yeah I am that better. I hate Bill don’t want him nowhere near this team. Hope he gets hit by a bus. Hope he falls down the stairs and breaks his leg and his freaking neck never plays football again.

13. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    You have absolutely no idea if the Steelers would have given him what he wanted or not. You're assuming a whole lot. Not only are you assuming, but you're totally disregarding his value and what hes brought to the table to this point like it was nothing.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Anybody else feel like we’ve already had this exact same arguments with our very own analyst?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Chickillo barely made the team, isnt being franchised, and likely will not be playing with the Steelers or any other team beyond this year not because of his health but because of his talent. So yeah, Chickillo is a pretty bad comparison. The fact you keep bringing up the money under the franchise tag shows you clearly dont get it. .

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You seem confused.

17. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Confused about what?? I'm confused that you insist that Bells needs to prove himself by playing another year under the franchise tag. You mean 3 pro bowls and 2 first team NFL elections wasnt enough?? I'm also confused why you think the terms of the contract would have changed where both sides would have come to an agreement after the season ended. You know about some dead money? Or BB retiring or something?? So yeah, I am confused why you seem so certain of something without anything to support your statement.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Some people are slow to catch up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I was just getting ready to post this same thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Exactly that's the point. Just because you hoped for a move to work out doesn't mean you were right in making the move. They called his bluff and he shocked them. What do you think a team like NE would have done at this point? It seems like pitt is so worried about their pride and standard. When he turned the offer down last yr they should have moved on.

21. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

The patriots would have done the exact same thing. The franchise tag amounts work out to be just about the same amount of money as the long term contract offered. Bell is only hurting himself.

• Like Like x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The Patriots would have gotten rid of bell last offseason especially after he skipped the entire training camp. They were about to trade GRONK this offseason and he will be gone next yr. They get rid of people and can care less about their pride or them being wrong or right. Belichick cuts guys he gave up number 1 picks for in the middle of training camp.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well, that was like saying Beetlejuice

• Like Like x 2
  24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

There was one report that a trade was in the works with an unnamed team. That report was by rapaport who is frequently wrong. So really we don’t know if they were going to trade him. Pride doesn’t have anything to do with it you’re grasping at straws talking about things like pride.also the patriots didn’t cut cooks they traded him for a first round draft pick.

• Like Like x 1
  25. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Don't think anybody wants Bell to prove anything. Pretty sure most people on here could care less what Bell does! Its pretty obvious he doesn't want to be here, so f**k off

• Agree Agree x 3