1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about A. Burns

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Spartacus, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Everyone here is familiar with the Tomlinism "Steel Sharpens Steel" correct? Having said that, putting Artie Burns up against A. Brown in practice seems to have had the opposite affect, anyone agree? Disagree? Burns psyche has definitely taken a hit, and his confidence is way down. I don't know if any of it has to do with his bouts with Brown, but I'm curious to hear other comments. I for one hopes he gets his head on straight, as he has all the tools to succeed. Besides, I'd hate to think that we wiffed on another first round pick.

2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    In games, he seems to get caught spying the QB. In training camp, I wonder how much Burns had to worry about the run or other receivers, rather than focusing tightly on AB. He may have done better in camp, then had it not carry into the regular season and affect his confidence.

3. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    A good CB is required to spy on the QB. It make it possible to jump routes & to know when the ball is thrown. Spying is a skill we are very poor at. Every time we try to prevent a pass from being caught without looking for the ball is frustrating...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Agreed. I’m just wondering if the artificial nature of camp pumped up his confidence, and the regular season has him crashing back to earth.

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Biting on pump fakes is a problem too, one of Cam's specialties.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The problem with players of today is they don't find the ball, find the ball
    and make a play on the ball. This can be taught and I am sure Tom Bradley is teaching it.
    Players need to grasp this simple technique along with wanting to tackle along with proper foot and handwork
    You have to work at it.