1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My updated projection (5-2-1) to...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TenaciousD, Nov 5, 2018.

1. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

I have got to disagree.... If you look @ the Bengals schedule they have a few tough games ahead as well..

Bengals
    Home vs Saints- Loss
    At Ravens (who'll be coming off their bye week and fired up from losing 4 outta 5 and 2 outta 3 home games)- Loss
    Home vs Browns- Win
    Home vs Broncos- Win
    @ San Diego- Loss (rivers is a December QB)
    Home vs Raiders- Win
    @ Browns- Win
    @ Steelers Loss

That leaves them @ 9-7

Even though I disagree with your record (I have us going 11-4-1 or 10-5-1) at worst..
    The 2nd WC and the AFCN championship will come down to the last game of the season..

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well at least you're in good company CT ....[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No they aren't, not even close. NE would put both those teams down.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben likes the night games (Panthers). Cam will have to bring his a-game but Ben's is better. Win

• Like Like x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm not that guy that looks at revisionist history as ground to make an assessment on a current regime. I get it we are that and that vs the Panthers and chargers but what do you think our record vs ne was before brady and belichick? Probably good. Every regime changes that was like the kc game every kept saying oh we always beat the chiefs but that wasn't the same ole chiefs with alex check down.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Panthers beat ne last yr and that was before McCaffrey started to cement himself as a playmaker and their receving corps was much worse last yr. And the chargers have a far better defense than ne. Derwin james, bosa, ingram, casey Heyward, etc.. are all better than everyone on NE's defense. Also the chargers lost to simply the two best teams in the nfl. The chiefs and rams. Their record is good.

7. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Someone actually said SD and Carolina are better than NE? And was serious?? :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Steelers win 7 lose 1, 12-3-1, 3 seed
    Bungles lose 4 more games on the bubble for WC
    Rats: beat bungles, lose to Browns, miss playoffs
    Browns: irrelevant

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who’s the loss to?

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    So did KC first game of the season. Any given Sunday.

They started off slow this season too, with losses to Jax and Detroit, are they better teams?

11. antennaman1969

antennaman1969 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I watched way too much of that Sunday Night game. They are ripe for the picking, especially on D. The Steeler D would have to play with a lot of discipline and communicaton, which may be asking for a lot, I know.
    I would run routes at Patrick Chung all night- just saying.
    They got a little home cooking, along with some boneheaded. mistake-filled stretches from the Pack.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    But that was without Edelman, gordon, michel. They have gotten a lot better but their defense has not. If not for belichick and his scheme this team wouldnt be where they are and Brady has just been ok this year. Not nearly as great as last year. I can name at least 5 QBs playing better than brady rn.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    There were people preseason picking the chargers to go to the sb. Nobody could see mahomes looking how he look. People are sleeping on carolina due to how flashy the rams and saints are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I will just say this about the NE loss last year. We dominated majority of the game. yet when crunch time came we couldn't stop them from scoring. Then it took a miraculous play by JUJU to get into the redzone. Then the JJ "drop". Then the endzone pick.

Steelers had multiple chances to win and still found a way to lose. Sounds like we were the bungles.

Doesn't matter how close it was, or a wrong call that cost us, regardless we still lost like usual.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm not picking a win or a loss, but if we are talking about growth, I truly believe the Steelers have grown more than the Patriots this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    eh i wouldnt count on it just yet, however we are back to running the ball and improving on defense. Red zone scoring is our strength now. Fix special teams and we can hang with the best

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Special teams was pretty good against the Ravens..

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I need to quantify my agree with this. I agree with everything but the "I wouldn't count on it just yet." I am counting on it, but I also predict that we go 16-0 every season, so take it with a grain of salt. Someday I'm going to be right!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't know about that. The Patriots look better this year than they did last year. They have beaten Chiefs and Packers with Rodgers. Panthers are the first top team Steelers have faced. We'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I know what your saying here. I thought the Pats were pretty good last year, so I don't see their growth as significant as the growth I see in the Steelers. As much as I love the Steelers, once Shazier was out, we just didn't look like we could recover. Add that to the decline on our defense over all, it made for more room to grow than the Pats needed. On offense, we have added some pieces, Ben is slowly learning that he doesn't have to force the ball to Brown (not quickly enough for me), and Conner's emergence at RB has shown more growth than I was expecting. Anyhow, this is where my opinion is coming from.

• Like Like x 1
  21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Correction... Panthers are the 2nd top team Steelers have faced. Forgot about the Chiefs... that didn't go so well.

Conner has become a top RB in the NFL. I don't think any of us... optimists and pessimists, thought he would be this good. He's a true Pittsburgh Steeler.

As far as defense is concerned, Steelers have some missing pieces they need to acquire before the D can become championship caliber again. Sooner or later, the offense is going to have to bail the defense out. I just hope the offense is consistent enough to be competitive vs. the better teams. We know who they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I am going to say the league is slowly shifting. Look at dallas last night. Really good defense. forced a fumble and couldve gone up 17-0, their offense kept stalling and defense got tired.

You need to score in this league and on defense just need to get some stops. Special teams help both sides and kickers can win/lose games. Team effort with coaching. Defense is not the be all end all for championships anymore imo.

Steelers have the recipe for success. Strong running game, improving defense, and a QB who can still take over games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    BB and Brady have always been the primary reason this team has the record they do over the last 18 years. As long as they are there, they are the team to beat. SD and Panthers are pretenders. Neither will reach conference round let alone the SB.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    :lolol:

Yeah, I know. But I feel confident in the 2018 Steelers.

25. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    My brother is a life-long Cowboys fan and he wants Garrett gone, like I want Tomlin gone from the Steelers.

Cowboys need a new HC, OC and Jerry Jones needs to get the hell out of the way and hire a GM.

• Like Like x 1