1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My updated projection (5-2-1) to...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TenaciousD, Nov 5, 2018.

1. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Great win over an always dangerous Ravens team. Overcame the refs trying to make it a nailbiter.

Currently 5-2-1
    Panthers L - Panthers are red hot. We struggle vs mobile QBs like Newton and elusive RBs like McCaffrey.
    @ Jags W - Hot mess right now
    @ Broncos W
    Chargers L - Also too much offense for us to handle
    @ Raiders W - Even hotter mess than the Jags
    Pats L - nuff said
    @ Saints L - Will probably be playing the Pats in the Super Bowl
    Bengals W - for the sweep

Finish: 9-6-1, good for a WC. Bengals win the AFCN despite our sweep.

2. TenaciousD

Sep 10, 2017
    Also, what BS is it that we have to play the Pats and Saints and the Bungs don't...

3. kfender69

kfender69

Dec 15, 2014
    The Bengals play the Saints this week and the Steelers play the Patriots because they were both division champs last year

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I was about to post this. But I think the Steelers play the pats because the NFL enjoys watching the pats go in to Heinz every year and win for some sick reason

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The honor of having won our division last year. The NFL is looking for parity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. kfender69

kfender69

Dec 15, 2014
    I see the Bengals losing to the Saints this week, at San Diego and at Pittsburgh, I don't think the win the division

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I disagree completely with a lot of your projections. I don’t know how you see Cincy winning more games then the Steelers I just don’t see it and it won’t happen. The Steelers aren’t gonna lose all 3 home games to the Panthers this week, the Chargers in early December or to the Pats. I think they will go worst case 2-1 in that stretch or maybe even 3-0. Carolina is good but they have lost games on the road to the Falcons and Redskins. So they can be beat the Steelers will beat them at home on Thursday night. Ben has an excellent record at home against NFC teams and I think it keeps up this week.

8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Bengals play the Saints in Cincinnati this Sunday which should drop them to 5-4.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Just enjoy the win dude. Why is it that after the biggest win of the season, your first thought is to come on here and talk about all the games the Steelers are going to lose? Steelers are getting better each week. It's unlikely that we win out. It's even more unlikely that we lose 4 games.

If I had to guess, I will say we finish 11-4-1. We will win 1 of the games against the Saints or Pats. We will also drop a game that nobody was thinking we would.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    i say we never lose again. why not right?

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They beat Carolina and Chargers, lose to NO.

Haven't decided on NE yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'll help you out: LOSS

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  14. TenaciousD

Sep 10, 2017
    What makes you think we will be able to beat the Pats this year?

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, I haven't yet but I think they have a chance. Steelers were a "survive the ground" rule away from beating them last year. It's also at Heinz not NE.

I'd like to see the Steelers continue their recent good play and continued improvement for a few more games and if they do, I think they beat NE.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Like they lost yesterday? You really need to get out of the prediction business!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    :sleepy: Why don't you prognosticator's just post how many you've gotten wrong since you started this boring trend. It might help in evaluating the relevancy of these amazing "insider knowledge" threads. Hell, even our current Pickem leader is only sitting at 60% correct and statisticians maintain that a monkey can regularly score 50% on right/wrong quizzes. I'd rather enjoy the season and let it unfold as it happens. :steelflag:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The Steelers are going to beat the Patriots in the regular season meeting.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    He didnt say he thinks they are going to beat the Pats. He said he hasn't decided yet.

Steelers outplayed the Pats for most of the game last year. We got robbed on the JJ play or we would have won. Its not out of the question that the Steelers win this time around.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I like or chances better against NE than the chargers or carolina. I get it with our history vs ne but both the chargers and Panthers rn are playing better and are just better overall than ne.

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Patriots are a better team this year than they were last year. So far, the Steelers are slightly better than last year's team, but there's not nearly enough improvement to beat the Patriots, IMO.

23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    We did get robbed on that play but I blame the defense. They literally on that last drive ran the same play over and over to gronk and he killed us. Still dont get who on the staff thought it was a great idea for Davis to play press man on gronk in the most important drive the season. If we swap coaching staffs we win that game easily last yr.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. TenaciousD

Sep 10, 2017
    I would love to bet with you then. We do much better vs the Chargers and Panthers than the Pats. I won't even bother to look up the stats but in the last dozen or so games vs the Pats we've only won 2 or 3. I think our record vs the Chargers and Panthers is much closer to .500, perhaps even above .500.

EDIT: I looked up the stats.

We're 5-1 all time vs the Panthers and 23-9 all time vs the Chargers. Still want to say you think we have a better shot vs the Pats???

25. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Awesome, so I'm smarter than a monkey:dancing:

now if only I can interpret that on a resume so it doesn't sound so lame......

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2