1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Wants Bell?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Nov 4, 2018.

1. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    I understand about the disruption, however, wasn't James Conner a 3rd round pick? Maybe if the third WR has not not been taken then Bell could play the 3rd receiver position. Or just pay him tell him to stay home.

2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Bell and his stubbornness have killed his value. I’m not even sure he likes playing football. I think he just likes money.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Sorry gramps

• Like Like x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe you could answer it for the 468th time. I obviously haven't seen it answered, or I wouldn't have asked.

5. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah the Bell thing after every game is getting alittle old. Since obviously it's in the majority that Bell is technically no longer a Steeler and at every opportunity folks on this board are going to slander his name so be it if that's what your into!!! But to attack his family is just out of context. Maybe it time to move this to the General section already!!!:facepalm:

6. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Bottom line if they wear the Black and Gold as a fan I will support any player and let the coach's and ownership worry about that players disposition. I'm a Steelers Fan ride or die!!!

7. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Stay classy!!!

8. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
  9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s a shame whoever is running his business wasn’t smart enough to get him agree to a trade to the Packers.

10. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Yeah, but do you expect Bell to relish in a backup roll? He’ll think he should slide right back into the feature back roll in a game or two. I just see a big time disruption coming when he comes back. Conner is going to think he’s the lead back, but so will Bell. Plus I don’t think Bell will give it all he has.

I was a huge Bell fan and was saying pay him and I want him back. Now with Conner running like he is I don’t want to see Bell. No matter how you try to integrate him it’s going to cause disruption to a team who’s rolling.

11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Ooo, that’s gonna leave a mark!

12. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    That’s the only way I see Bell working out at all. If he comes back and we line him up in the slot. He’s a great receiver.

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Does Dairy Queen count?

Is that a seasonal form of employment or year round?

14. dmb219

dmb219 Member

Sep 16, 2018
    I will not attend or watch a game if he plays for the Steelers. He has no regard for the team. I look forward to the day he plays for the opposition. That will be sweet. If the Steelers take him back and start him they can jam it. I'll go Browns. Seriously.

15. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Sweet burn from the salty teenager lol

16. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    TBH I don’t even know if Bell wants Bell at this moment in time...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Duce looked damn good on the sidelines. He was a sharp dresser.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm guessing you are new?

[But I agree with you jeh]

19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I feel the same although he is leaving a lot of coin on the table holding out. Good for the Steelers though. I think he feels he is so unique that someone will just hand him what he wants next season. He sure likes to rap in which I feel as a musician it ain't that good.

He is a football talent make no mistake. But Conner has proven with authority that he is on the same level.

20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have said it before and I really believe I am right, this isn't about football or the Steelers this is about Bell not being able to pass the drug test. He is leaving to much money on the table and hurting his reputation to much for a team to bread the bank on him this coming off season by sitting out this long. Also I read that if he sits out the max time the Steelers could tag him again for like 9mil, man that would be a kick in the butt and really change Bell's thinking.

Now as for when Bell comes back, I don't care but I will welcome him back as a nice compliment to Conner. As this season gets later and later my eyes are on the prize and that is the SB and imo the team with the most weapons will win. Bell will fit that role and having JC, AB, Juju, Vance and Bell out there with Ben watch out man.

If Bell don't come back no big deal see ya have a nice life eeeeeeearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm a tinfoil hat guy myself and I think you may be on to something. It would really explain the odd behavior. If he were to fail another drug test he would be facing a year long suspension and his reputation and value would be even more soured than it is now. At this point nothing would surprise me....

As far as Bell coming back I totally agree as well. I understand the anger and frustration from some fans but he is actually doing the org. a favor right now. He is basically a insurance policy that has been paying the team up to this point. It's really a no lose situation at this point whether he comes back or not. If he comes back motivated it's a huge boost and if he doesn't you don't play him. I just can't see him deciding to come back and not give it his best. It would be smarter for him to jus sit out at this point than to come back and ruin his value anymore by not trying and producing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Why? Because he does not know how to spell Duce name correctly? lol

Deuce Stanley is the correct way to spell it bro

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I thought it was Deuce Sweatsuit....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe technically they could drop the tag now. But there is downside. First it would reward Bell’s bad behavior and thereby enticing others to act equally bad. Second, they would loose the potential 3rd round compensation pick if he signs elsewhere next year.

25. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Let's face it, Conner needs to be spelled once in a while. We'll need to keep him fresh for the playoffs. Bell would make sense to fill that role. I believe at this point, the only chemistry that would be affected by that move would be with Bell himself. And if he gets all premadonna about it then suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team.

• Agree Agree x 1