1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Flacco: Where have all the real Steelers gone?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Nov 3, 2018.

1. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    "I really just felt we could have 28, 30, 35 points up out there at halftime," Flacco told reporters after the Ravens' 26-14 win. "It's not like today was the toughest Pittsburgh Steeler games I've ever played."

He could have just as accurately said: "It's not like today was the toughest Pittsburgh Steeler defense I've ever played." Maybe that is what he was saying. In any case it is bulletin board fodder.

Steelers hoping to make Joe Flacco regret his words
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rs-hoping-to-make-joe-flacco-regret-his-words

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Yea thanks for the bulletin board material flacco u dumbass

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I made mention of this after the first meeting. That's as embarrassing a statement as one could make. We are in better shape than the last meeting. If our D can't use this for motivation there a problem. They better make him eat his words....

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It's not like it used to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I had the same thought as Flacco

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't think he said anything particularly provocative, seeing as the Ravens game was probably the worst we've played in all phases of the game. It is rare for Ravens-Steelers games to be that one sided.

If it helps with motivating some guys, great. I'd hope they were motivated enough seeing as it was Ravens week, though.

8. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    The answer my friend is a blowin in the wind, the answer is blowin in the wind.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He wasn't wrong, but the Ravens aren't playing nearly as well now and the Steelers are playing better.

The defense couldn't get any pressure on Flacco that day. Baltimore's offensive line was dominant. One would hope that won't be the case again Sunday with the Ravens missing both offensive tackles.

10. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well murder em come Sunday!!!:boorats::emperor::butcher:

• Like Like x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He's not wrong.. I dont see troy, casey, harrison, woodley, farrior, etc... or anyone of these guys caliber on this defense.

12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Where are all the real Steelers? The answer will be provided this Sunday. Kill the Rats!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Is there more to that article? Because he didn't say that and what he did say, people on this board say a lot worse.

He also wasn't wrong. Steelers played atrocious.

Still, I agree, make him eat those words tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Hey Joe thanks for the bulletin board material....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Unfortunately, he was right at the time.... let's face it.... I don't recall anyone having any positive comments after that game except that it was over...... but unfortunately for flacco, that game also was our wake up call..... he's sure to see a different team out there this time around, and a different result

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    whether Flaccid was right or not isn't the issue to me. It's the implication that beating this team was a cake walk and him taking a pot shot about it. Yes, you beat them, good for you, I don't want to hear him gloating about it as a fan.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    What he said was accurate, so I have no issue with what he said.

It is embarrassing to the defense though. We'll see if they can turn the tides to change his opinion of them.

18. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He's going for plan B, it's psychological warfare. Plan A isnt working anymore as in ( throwing deep for the P I calls ) so now plan B is to piss off the other teams so he gets the roughing the passer calls.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Honestly I don’t mind joe. Dude has usually given us respect and hasn’t been an asshat.

It’s not his fault our D can’t respond and stop him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Much ado about nothing. For the Steelers to get where they want to be, they shouldn't need bulletin board fodder to get them motivated.

21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The 2 d-lineman specialization package didn't work out so well that game. Hopefully Tomlin & crew learned a lesson.

22. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Roughing the qb should be off the charts today.

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    We on this board including myself have said worse then Flaccid about this defense. We will see today how they respond. Dud had a decent 2nd half last week against a back up tackle. Lets see if he can limit the patty cake being pushed into the abyss and be disruptive. They will try to maul Watt so he doesn't take over the game as he can. Tuitt has been getting more solid every week which is huge. And keeping Burns on special teams is where he belongs. Seems the secondary played solid without him as well as having Burnett back in the fold. Sutton should start. We will see how Burns responds if in so they use him. If Flaccid sees him on the field guaranteed he will go his way. Bostic and Williams need to be stout on the run.

I feel the D has been slightly improving, This is a must win to keep the division under wraps.

• Agree Agree x 1