1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Winners and Losers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 28, 2018.

1. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Winners, Defense, That is the most pressure our defense has put on an opposing QB in years. That was the difference.

Loser: Gum chewing Danny Smith. That turd should be fired immediately just for looking like a buffoon on the sidelines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

That right there is the key imo, I think switz is use to letting it go on a punt. However that is no excuse and the coach needs to make sure the players know this, seriously what is the ST coaches job? Thank god this is the only think we have to complain about, I will take it every week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm worried about him, he may end up being one of the worst 1st round picks this team has had. Going back and watching him in other games it would seem that the hesitation in tackling and his issue with Sean Davis Syndrome (horrible angles) has been present in every game at some point.

I hope it is injury related because he just doesn't seem to be improving as the season goes on, in fact the more times a play comes his way to worse he looks. I think he deserves a pass because of his rookie status but right now he doesn't look like he can play at this level consistently.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Are you sure that’s right? I didn’t think they had a choice between a kick off aren’t punt. I thought it was always a punt after safety

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Free kick can be either. They choose punting because of hang time and coverage advantage....

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe not you specifically, but there’s been quite a few around here who believe the Browns have improved. Also several people were specifically worried about this game. Can’t have that mindset then when we win dismiss the performance cause we are playing the Browns.
    I think the defense play pretty darn good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Remember, any defensive stats against the Browns don't count. I thought we'd established that last season.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm predicting Ravens to win this Sunday.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers offense has to play better in the 1st quarter if they have any chance of beating the better teams left on the schedule... Patriots and Saints.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    you caught that too? fouts, shut up. :lolol::cool:

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Football Fundamental: If your team scores more than the other team, the defense did its job. Not saying it couldn't have done better, but it was good enough. On to Ratville for the next W.

12. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    The Browns have improved from last season. And within this season. Immensely.

Players like Mayfield, Garrett, Ward and Chubb are good, potentially great - it's almost a shame to see their talent wasted on such a self-destructive franchise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    feiler: :applaud:

old mcdonalds: ram farm.:applaud:

conner::applaud:

putting players on the field that help.:applaud:

losers:

not us.:applaud::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I was pretty unimpressed with Mayfield. He didn't get much help from his line but he still missed a ton of throws.

15. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    yep let's give credit to our DC when he does good, cause he sure gets the grief when he dosen't.

Add to winners...... Keith Butler for keeping up the pressure and blitzes almost the entire game on Mayfield.

Add to losers....... Artie Burns, it's pretty bad when you have to bench your 3Rd year no.1 draft pick. Sensebaugh actually did better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm always looking at the big picture.

17. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    He's by no means the complete package yet, but he has potential. Good pocket awareness and reasonable throws on the run in the first half. Struggled in the second.

I doubt he'll reach his potential if the Browns keep being the Browns, though.

18. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Burns had 10 snaps, all on special teams.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I didn’t see that coming.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  20. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    SECTION 1 - PROCEDURES FOR A FREE KICK
    ARTICLE 1. FREE KICK
    A free kick is a kickoff or safety kick that puts the ball in play to start a free kick down. It must be made from any point on the kicking (offensive) team’s restraining line and between the inbounds lines.
    1. A kickoff puts the ball in play at the start of each half, after a try, and after a successful field goal. A dropkick or placekick may be used for a kickoff.

2. A safety kick puts the ball in play after a safety. A dropkick, placekick, or punt may be used for a safety kick. A tee cannot be used for a safety kick.

• Like Like x 1
  21. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Ratbirds, Saints, Panthers and lowely Stains have beat them. They'll be ready for a win in their house particularly against their old reliable nemesis Steelers. They'll look to turn their season around by beating us in their house. On the other hand we're due for a loss. Perfect trap game.

We'll need a big game to win this week. Go Steelers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Steelers are ready for a win too, so, there’s that

• Like Like x 1