1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Conner says Bell isn't selfish: 'That's my guy'

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Oct 18, 2018.

1. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017

Also, I freaking love this guy. He's so humble.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I wouldn't expect anything less. Connor is young and a quality guy, this is exactly what he should say.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And yet.... just maybe... it's true.

Everyone (including me) is reacting to this as fans. We don't like it and that's understandable but Bell is playing by the rules of the CBA and despite what appears to be a bit of flakiness (hard to separate the BS twitter "news" from fact) IMO he's not being unethical (e.g. i don't put it anywhere in the same ethical vicinity of avoiding paying your income taxes with some BS tax loophole/track)

4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I tend to agree with this. I've always heard that Le'Veon is a good teammate, so it's hard to think this is anything personal.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree with BobbyBiz, would expect nothing less from Conner. Bell could be coming back soon, teammates need to say the right things now. Not saying Conner doesn't really feel that way but can't have what the O-line said earlier in the season now.

If Bell suits up for the Steelers again, I like Decastros idea of using Bell and Conner like the Saints use Kamara and Ingram.

This allows Conner to continue to be the lead back, running between the tackles and Bell can get most of his runs on the perimeter and via the passing game.

I've thought this in the past but was wondering who would come off the field to make it happen. JuJu and AB are safe obviously, would be a TE or Washington. Washington is no big loss but I liked the two TE sets but Conner/Bell would yield better results if successfully run as the Saints do. So whatever they have to do to make it work would be fine by me.

6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Lets run some wing T WOO HOO hahahahaha

7. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Umm f*** leveon bell :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Conner is just saying that because Bell is going to come back and take his starting job.

9. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Dont try to be like Bell now lol

10. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Steelers' James Conner talks Le'Veon Bell, Key to his success this season

11. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I think Bell has been greedy and unprofessional but I do like that he is tweeting compliments to James. It is the one thing he has done right in all this and I also wouldn't expect any other comments from Conner than what he said. It is the class thing to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am not a fan of Bell's holdout but I blame the players union and the players themselves (sans the Steelers) who ratified the current CBA. They allowed the franchise tag mess. Perhaps next time, they will fight harder before giving in.

13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Say what you want about Bell but he's always been a good teammate in the locker room and on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    You know, I've read that on numerous occasions that the Steelers were the only team that dissented with the CBA. Does anyone know why? It would be quite ironic if they didn't like a team's ability to hold a player without a chance to negotiate, and then do what the CBA says.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Know what they fought for? Besides a bigger piece of the pie. Less practice time, padded practices, contact. So yeah, maybe next time they will keep their eye on the ball.

They voted against it because of Goodell, felt he was being given too much power.

• Like Like x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think we have to worry Conner smoking weed on the way to a road game like Bell :facepalm:.

17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I started watching this but I am immediately getting ticked off because as James is talking Chris Carter cuts him off to starting jawing about what most people watching should already know. Dude shut up and let the kid talk.

18. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    It is all PR BS. Don't fall for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just like Conner more and more.. especially in this era of athletes, he is a nice refresher. I noticed that at the scouting combine as well. Very deferential and appreciative of others in interviews etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Yep, someone was definitely asleep at the bargaining table. No way that language should've gotten into the contract.

21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Does anyone really believe Conner wants Bell to come back and take his place? Really? Or share time on the field? Conner stands to make millions on his current trajectory (baring injury of course). Bell is a "good teammate"??? Good teammates usually don't hurt the team by being suspended. Of course Conner is going to say what he's saying. It has everyone on here thinking the world of him for it. It's smart and the right thing to do but I don't believe it has much substance to it simply because what he said is true, it is a business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Bell? Doesn't ring with me. :beee:

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.... all warfare is based on deception. -Sun Tzu

• Like Like x 2
  24. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    No more drama, lets enjoy the Giants locker room falling to pieces.