1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

London game in 2019

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go 'lers, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    If the Steelers played a game next season in London would you be excited?

Better question, would you go to the game?

FYI - Pittsburgh will soon be getting daily flights to London Heathrow so there's that!

2. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    No - for the time and $$$ to get to London I'd travel to the Burgh twice to see them. And if they asked real nice, I'd send some beer pub money to Thigpen and Shaner so that they could have a good time. I believe they both reside in that zip code. The way things are going in Cali - pretty soon games out here will be considered playing in a foreign territory. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Idk which has been a worse idea London games or Thursday night games.. Maybe they'll start doing Thursday games in London

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I'm against ALL game on foreign soil. It's the National Football League not the International Football League.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Scottish Steel

Scottish Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Yes please. Would give me a chance to go see them. Fire down to London in my kilt and Steelers top:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  7. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    First, I don't think the Steelers would give up a home game $$$ to go to London, that's more for teams that lack home attendance.

That being said, Yeah, I'd try to go to a game in London..... pound a few :drinks: while visiting too.

8. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm not a fan of the London games. London doesn't have a team, so they need to let that chit go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I hate the London experiment. Wish they'd let it go. It's a logistic nightmare.

Sorry Thig! I know you'd love it.

10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Pics or it didn't (could't) happen.

11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    And to the OP ...

No.
    And no.

I'd like to visit the UK for a while, but I wouldn't go for a Steelers game. And I probably wouldn't even try to coordinate my trip with a Steelers game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    For the record I hate the London games. Think it’s very stupid. With that said have you seen the empty seats at Heinz Field lately? Wouldn’t surprise me a bit they give up a home game to play over there.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Aren't the games sold out? Empty seats are still revenue if sold out?

14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I went to the Vikings game and, while it was obviously one of the only chances I’ll have to see the Steelers play, so good in that respect, it did lack something. There’s a lot of general NFL fans there just wanting to catch a game, so the vibe is a bit odd.

Plus they ran out of ale very early on. So I’d probably not go again, if only to ensure Mojave’s beer money didn’t go to waste.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  16. Go 'lers

Sep 1, 2015
    It would be big for the Steelers brand to get big global exposure.

I hate Colin Cowherd but he's right about how big the Pittsburgh Steelers brand is out of all teams in the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and College. Frankly, the Steelers are as American as apple pie and I love that they could play a such a big international game with a huge audience!

17. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    A) The Steelers would never give up a home game. Not unlike Green Bay, the football team is a big boost to the economy. B) Other teams would want their home game against the Steelers to be at their actual stadium. Why? Steelers have fans everywhere, and the game is guaranteed to sellout.

I notice most of the teams with "Home" games in London, are the ones with bad attendance/and or bad NFL markets (Miami, Oakland, Jacksonville, & Jeff Fisher era Rams).

18. Go 'lers

Sep 1, 2015
    I agree, good teams shouldn't give away home games. BUT if we were asked to go as the "visitor" I'd take that hands down. The Pats have made 3 trips to London without giving up a home game.

To my previous answer about growing the brand internationally the Steelers should absolutely take the opportunity to go.

19. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Oh I agree they should go as the visitor if asked. Would be pretty cool to see Steeler Nation representing overseas.

20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    If I hit the Mega Millions, Why not...Just a drop in the bucket...Otherwise No

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Steelers have already gone once and that was enough. I remember reading somewhere that if you wanted your city to be considered for a Super Bowl then you had to be open to the London games.

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It's all about revenue, buying hats, jerseys, and merch they can squeeze out of anyone. My prediction is a team with be in London.

The London Bangers. They will Mash you...

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Think of all the service people, Bartenders, waitresses, cooks, taxi drivers, uber drivers

That miss out not making money that weekend. Plus the money Allegheny county takes on

opposing players taxes? No their should never be a game outside an NFL city.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Black and Gold kilt?

25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I've been to many countries and what I've learned is they don't give a damn about American football.

When the Steelers would win a Super Bowl I'd say we are Super Bowl champs. I notice the Eagles are World Champs.