1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben admits elbow has been bothering him

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Oct 12, 2018.

1. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I have said i think is elbow has been bothering him since the TB game, while most on here has said Ben is trash ( not in those words exactly) but have done nothing but complained abput how he is playing :steelflag:

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh it's just Ben being Ben....he made mention of his elbow being the reason he was sailing some throws and then a day or two later he said there's nothing wrong with the elbow and nothing to talk about. I think we all pretty much know how he rolls....

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I forgot about the elbow injury. That will definitely effect his accuracy.

Road Ben plus a bad elbow this week. *sigh*

Hope he can overcome it. Absolutely need this game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He did something to the elbow in the opener. Maybe that is bothering him. His explanation for the Atlanta game was that he made an adjustment in his mechanics during the game. Throwing properly hurts, so he keeps drifting into bad mechanics and that leads to the bad throws.

Of course, the guy has a long history of inconsistency, but he has had an awful half and a good half in each of the last two games.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    oh ben. :facepalm::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The elbow explains some of the horrid passes but there is something definitely wrong between the ears when it comes to throwing the INT right before half of the Falcons game. It was second down with enough time on the clock to run a 3rd down play while well within FG range. THROW THE DAMN BALL INTO THE 2ND ROW SEATS INSTEAD OF THROWING A LOLLIPOP PASS INTO TRIPLE COVERAGE TO AB. Sorry about the screaming. Just a very dumb decision.:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If he has a sore elbow then start dobbs, thats what they have backup QBs for in this league, I dont want ben throwing 4 picks then blaming it on his elbow after we lose this game, a lot of fans were screaming bloody murder to make dobbs the 2 qb but no one wants to start him in a game, I dont get the thinking behind that.....

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yea but when you weigh the risks versus benefits, Ben with a sore elbow would be better then Dobbs playing.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    A lot of fans were screaming bloody murder to make dobbs the 2 qb but no one wants to start him in a game, I dont get the thinking behind that.....

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Lot of fans were screaming for MR also but i havnt see a player worth a crap out of OSU since sanders .. so ... (excluding the wr without a team now amd i nvr was high on him) lol

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Luckily, the Steelers actually want to win, so Dobbs will not start.

13. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    So your telling us the team has a backup they dont think can win a game, thats very interesting!!!

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Dobbs with the first string would be interesting. Steelers would win more games than lose, IMO.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm telling you the Steelers chances of victory diminish tremendously with Dobbs playing in place of Roethlisberger, which makes it very unlikely they will sit their starter.

Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension before you respond to the posts of others.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Look at you abandoning your usual pessimism for unfounded and somewhat silly optimism!

17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Pimply? Nah. :hmm:

18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I believe the arrow is pointing up for Dobbs and Rudolph and down for Ben. Roethlisberger had a good run, but he's not on par with Brady or Brees... aka... older QBs who are more consistent. Ben is one step above Eli and that's not saying much. I don't think the Steelers can compete with Chiefs, Jags, Ravens or Patriots in the playoffs. Not enough consistency on offense and it starts with QB.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    It may get the juices flowing in the offense with something different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think it is still bothering him... he took a serious shot from that helmet in the Browns game... no way that could have been good.

21. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Eli looked horrible last night.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There wasn't a lot, myself and a few others were in his corner. I'd want Dobbs to start if Ben was banged up like he was in that 49ers game several years ago but he's still playing very well. In 3 games, his passer rating is over 100. Except for a bonehead decision floating a pass into double coverage last game, there's no reason to sit him this week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There is a hell of a lot of room between Brady and Brees and Dobbs. Roethlisberger is a lot closer to the first two than he is to Dobbs.

Based on the preseason, the arrow may actually be pointing up a bit for Dobbs, but it is coming from a place so far below Roethlisberger that it still isn't nearly enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I swear... people act like Roethlisberger is infallible. Truth is... he is nowhere near as good as he was 10 years ago when the Steelers last won the Super Bowl. He's an average QB now... on the same tier as Cousins, Alex Smith, Rivers, Keenum, Luck, Stafford, etc. He's no longer on the top tier level of Brady, Rodgers, Brees and now... Goff and Mahomes.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I swear, you are reaching for some ridiculous hyperbole to support your failing argument. Nobody said he is infallible. You made that up. Please don't do that. It's dishonest.

He was never on the level with Brady, Rodgers and Brees. Goff is a matter for discussion. Mahomes has played five games. Roethlisberger is still a top-10 quarterback. Dobbs hasn't played a meaningful snap in the NFL. You fell in love based on preseason performances against scrubs and guys who are unemployed right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1