1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben on Conner

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I agree Conner should still be in the mix, but Bell is just simply a better back. Reading people’s replies I’m surprised a little, because Bell was almost our whole game plan for most games. You see how we play when Conner does gets some yards, but to me he’s to inconsistent. He seems to have limited vision and Bell has great vision. He finds holes when there were none.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes at times. He showed up and balled out in Kansas City and then the following week against the Pats when he is needed the most because the next game is a super bowl he pulls himself out of the game. Arguably the best back in football who was going to be in amazing shape last season after missing all of camp and preseason didn't look like the best in the game. So yes when he shows up he is great when he doesn't well I'll let others polish that one.

3. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    I don’t think they offered him more than $10 million guaranteed. You know for a football player guaranteed money is what they want the most. They can say they gave him $60 million, but only $10 million guaranteed, it’s basically a $10 million dollar contract. Of course he could get more if he plays out the contract, but they can cut him at anytime and not have to pay him. This is pointless though, because we’re not going to offer him another contract.

4. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    Ok that’s your opinion.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep it is.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Let me ask you something, if Conner continues playing like this, is there any difference between him and Bell?

Last season, Bell had 4 games under 50 yards rushing, one of which was 32 yards. Another 3 games under 70 yards.

He wasn't a beast every game. So far, Conner has had 2 great games, 1 ok and 2 bad. He continues this trajectory, He'll give them basically what Bell does. In the end, thats all that matters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    Maybe your right, but I just remember Bell dominating games in the last two years. I know Conner is just getting started so we need a bigger sample size. That said I just want us to win so if Conner can get us there then Bell can take a seat, or spell Conner. It would be nice to have both of them available in the backfield!

8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Most overrated player in football...averaged 3.9 ypc last year, no long runs ( his speed sucks ) biggest games always hurt...DeAngelo, now Conner have done even better than Bell statistically...Bells stats were merely based on usage ( as attested above with the 3.9 avg. ) And " running his wheels off "

Oh, and as far as his " great " pass receiving skills...He averaged 7 ypr there...Another number that sucks...And is inflated by sheer volume

It's been proven...Put anybody behind this line, and wealth of talent, and they will succeed

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    These points were all hammered home on xm radio fantasy football channel today...Saying anybody paying Bell the money he is asking for, would be a fool...All his numbers are skewed because again " running his wheels off " which in turn will shorten his career...Which has already started imo...How many major injuries has he had already?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018