1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles have interest in Le'Veon Bell, Steelers open to trading him for Earl Thomas

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Absolutely no one. In this era of ridiculous offensive firepower, Buffalo is averaging 12.6ppg.

TWELVE-POINT-SIX.

:zombie:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I get your point about the change of scenery, but if it were me, I wouldn't risk it. Whether he was flipping off the coach or GM or team doesn't make any difference to me. He's a very rich man, or at least he should be. He's been paid over 50 million so far I believe. His life isn't over because he got hurt. He's not, or at least shouldn't be, in any danger of losing his huge house and fancy cars. Too many people, especially players, lose that perspective. This is probably the only time where liberals and I would agree on wealth distribution. He's crying about money he doesn't need and could be used to lower the costs of going to a game for the fans. I am all for trying to get all the money you can get. Most everyone does. But certain athletes cross that line where I can't empathize with them. I can't take seriously a guy who has made 50 million and thinks he's under paid to the point where he throws a tantrum like a spoiled child on the field. That's how I acted when I was second grade, not as an adult. As much as I would like to think he'll be different if he came here, I wouldn't take the chance, especially not after going through this with Bell.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    They didn't pay Mack cause him and Gruden didn't get along, the Raiders will pay players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

But in truth, where are the Bills going? Yeah at 2-3 they 'seem' to be in mix, but they're really not. They're at best a 500 team, and that generous. McCoy is 32, he's not the future, and the present means little. If the Bills get Philly to overpay for McCoy, they'll do the trade and would be crazy not too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Philly is reeling with the loss of Ajayi. They're under pressure to repeat. The wonder boy Wentz is struggling. Common Philly, pull the deal! This Steeler Fan is tired of all the nonsense, he would fit right in in Philly. I believe the Steelers are reported to want a 2nd and a player. Philly has two 2nd rounders! Cap savings would carry over. Whats not to like? Rid of a distraction, time to move on.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    They know Bell isnt worth it either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Bull Shi$ to hate Bell is fine to say he isn't worth it is wrong........the guy has produced every year and there is a reason the Steeler front office keeps paying him this money and offering him a deal........cause he is worth it!!!!!!!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    I was referring to trade of a second round pick and a good player. Obviously he ISNT WORTH IT !!!!!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Him and gruden never even had a conversation. He never personally met mack. How did they not "get along"?

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I just read where The Steelers are hoping Philly would resume trade talks for Bell..

• Like Like x 1
  11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    They're probably hoping anybody would resume trade talks for Bell.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    He sure the hell is, maybe you better look at Bell's stats again, there isn't many teams that he wouldn't make better!!!! He is worth it all day especially when the Eagles would be getting the 3rd round comp pick after the season if he goes elswhere.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yep your right they never met and Gruden didn't reach out to him and Mack was mad. Dude where have you been that was reported all over

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If the Eagles offered Brandon Graham and a second round pick, I would take it but I think Graham will be a free agent in 2019.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What about the Redskins? They need to fill that big stadium.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They drafted a RB in the first round this past draft, although he's on IR.

17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I'd take that deal in a second and wouldn't think twice.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So how can you not get along with someone you never even dealt with? Gruden is old school and felt like since mack was under contract he should have came and they CLEARLY SAID you cant pay two players over 100 million so they couldnt keep him as they wanted be able to give him the money he was looking for and definitely deserves.

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Your right Gruden is old school and that is why, Gruden had said he is under contract and should be here. Mack was mad cause Gruden/Raiders wouldn't talk to him. Gruden said Mack was one of the reasons why he took the HC job of the Raiders, but yet Gruden said he wasn't involved in the contract talks and trade talks. If Gruden was so high on Mack why didn't he reach out and why wasn't he involved in contract/trade talks? The last question why didn't the two talk, one of the things HC's do is reach out to the star player. There is/was something bigger than a contract extension between Gruden and Mack and you said it Gruden being old school and Mack not wanting anything to do with that. Raiders will have 60mil in cap space, money is not an issue.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...l-mack-anything-close-to-the-bears-offer/amp/

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you sure he is going to recover? That he will be the same as in college, because he hasn't done
    anything in the pros. You have a proven talent in Bell, that could draw fannies into seats.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Here's my guess. Bell will never play another down for the Steelers.

Bell will sign his tag during the bye and the Steelers and Eagles will finalize a deal. I bet Bell and his agent are even aware and approve of the move.

The next game after the bye is the 28th, 2 days before the trade deadline. With Bell signing his tag during the bye week, he never has to report to the Steelers.

I think they will net a 3rd rd pick in next years draft which is better than waiting until the 2020 season for the comp pick. Plus, maybe receive a player to go along with it.

OR

A second rd pick and no players.

I'll take either scenario.

• Like Like x 2
  23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

While the additional player does sound appealing, nabbing a second round pick and just that would be immense.

That alone would yield some really good draft trade capital.

Again, just my two cents. Then again, I also love the NFL Draft. No question about that. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1