1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Memo to JuJu Smith-Schuster

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 10, 2018.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Keep your head on a swivel in this Bengals game, or better yet tell Fichtner to not have you run routes over the middle :lolol:. We know Burfict will be looking for payback after JuJu laid him out last season, Burfict doesn't care about getting fined for dirty hits or getting suspended. Also JuJu made the mistake of taunting Burfict on social media after that hit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh man, thank you for waiking that brain cell up for me. Bengals week just got more interesting. Ain’t none no doubt Bird**** had this date circled since the schedule came out.

3. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    JU JU has a team behind him. I would test ole Burfict. I would get him so upset. He will do something unsportsmanlike. Burfict isn't SMART enough to figure it out. Send him back to suspension. Orange is a great color for those guys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The problem with that theory is that his attempt to injure Smith-Schuster or another Steeler might be successful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not much JuJu can do at this point. The fated meeting, the clash soon after, will happen. Given the current set of circumstances, I am not entirely sure if Burfict elects to resort to heinous acts as the league can now eject players; suspend them subsequently doubly so.

The most intriguing aspect of this story is the fact that there has not been as big of an increase of anticipation through media coverage as I initially thought.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    He's going to have twins this week!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I am one who believes that Burfiect injures players on purpose. He hurt Bell two seasons in a row and also hurt Brown and Ben. I don't believe it is a coincidence. I felt, after the playoff game a few years ago, he should have been suspended indefinitely. If he hurts another Steeler this week, we all know it will be on purpose and I am going to flip out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    JuJu?
    Burfict?
    Fichtner?

• Like Like x 1
  9. JollyGrnGiant86

JollyGrnGiant86 Active Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Dumb. Watch the Bell/“Ben” injury again and explain how he injured them on purpose. The hit on AB was wrong and that’s what media/fans blew up on but the other two were fine. Is he a good guy? Heck no, but he only was “dirty” (in a Steeler game) ve Brown.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Different play, but intention is everything.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Burfict kneed Ben in the ribs after a play one time as well. It was pretty obvious. Ben was hurt.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    He kicked Rosie Nix in the face last year with both feet while he was on the ground. Looked dirty to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I was a little worried about a sophomore slump for JuJu. Well he's put those fears to rest for me. I don't think I have ever seen a player outside of Big Ben's rookie year, that has become such a fan favorite in a short period of time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    It's okay if you want to believe the best of his intentions, a lot of people do. No one wants to believe that a player is out to intentionally hurt someone. The hit on Ben that I am thinking of is a hit that would be illegal today. He drove Ben to the ground putting all of his weight on him. It was not not simply just falling with Ben to the ground, he drove him into the ground. He gloated over the second Bell hit even after he saw that he was injured, plus the fact that he ended Bell's season two years in a row. I suppose that could be coincidence but I don't believe that given all the rest.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yep I forgot about it too. Add that to the fact that the AFC North needs to be kept close and this is a HUGE game.

16. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    The record on Burfict is pretty clear. He has a history against other teams - ask the Ravens TE. Suspensions and fines haven't changed him; that leopard's spots are what they are. Steelers players know who is out there and how he plays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you wanna get a Memo to JuJu you’d be better off trying Twitter.
    I doubt he’ll see it here.

18. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Agreed.

19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The local media seems more focused on returning to the scene of Shazier's injury, which makes sense. That is a more compelling story.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah no kidding :shrug:, I do hope he avoids Burfict if possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    My attempt at humor.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Might have slipped my mind but could have sworn it was Kirkpatrick who ended Bell’s season the second time
    I don’t remem burpfict being a second timer

Edit: it was Simpson

23. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    doh!

24. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Really? I was responding to someone saying Burfict ended his season twice

25. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member