1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Le'Veon Bell.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by brosonke, Oct 10, 2018.

1. brosonke

brosonke Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2018
    get a larger contract than the 5 year 70 million the Steelers offered him this year? I believe that he won't. If Conner continues to have success, teams will have to see he is not worth as much as he is asking for.

2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I don't think dairy Queen pays that much. Think it's hourly

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think the more success than Conner has to more it hurts Bell. If Conner plays poorly then it helps his value.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It just takes one stupid team but all the red flags are there. Former VP and GM has said no team should and he should be playing on a 1 year prove it contract.

1) Back up just as productive. 2) Does he really care about football or just about the money. 3) No camp in 2 years and might play 6-7 games in a year and could be a lot less if we do this again next year. 3) Injury history. 4) Suspension history. 5) Immature. Look at how he's handled his situation opposed to people like Cousins, Mack, Thomas, etc. 6) Idiot on social media. 7) More worried about being a rapper?

Going to be 27 next year and played little to no ball in a year and given all of the above. Whoever breaks the bank for him is stupid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree on most of that, but his backup is not just as productive. It's five games and Conner did nothing as a runner in two of them and nothing but a couple of big runs late against Tampa.

I am a big Conner fan, but he's not Bell. Even if you buy into the best of what we've seen so far, he needs to do it more.

6. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    nope. 5 year contract to a 27 year old RB? not smart if you ask me

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I still think he will have trouble getting an offer as good as the one the Steelers offered. Not sure he wants to be in Pittsburgh.

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree. Bell will ultimately take less money to play somewhere else.

9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    They got down big early and got pass happy. It's happen to Bell too and he's had 50 yard rushing games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Bell's worst game rushing last season, 32 yards on 10 carries in the opener against the Browns, was still better than what Conner did in the games against the Chiefs and Ravens.

The more important issue is the track record. Bell has three full seasons over 1,200 yards rushing. He established himself as one of the top two or three running backs in the game. Conner has all of five starts and only two of them were anything outstanding. Let's try to have a little perspective here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Conner already has 2 runs this year longer than Bells longest last year. He's had 2 really good games out of 5. The others they were down big and couldn't run the ball. He had 8 and 9 attempts against the Chiefs and Ravens. What do you want him to do?

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I have no problem with how he has performed. Saying he isn't Bell isn't putting the guy down. It's giving Bell credit for what he has done, which is a hell of a lot more than Conner at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes, I agree.

I don't think what Conner does affects Bell's price on the open market. People have reams of game tape on Bell to see what he offers a franchise.

I don't know if he'll get offered better, but I'm willing to bet someone offers there or thereabouts.

14. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Bell has decreased his price tag since the beginning of the season. If the Steelers put the non-exclusive tag on him next year, I would be willing to say the offer will be less from other bidders.

15. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Agreed. It would be funny to see him asking for the deal after no one offers him anything close.

16. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think that he'll end up signing for a similar amount. I'd like to say LESS, but the salary cap goes up every year, and team after team puts out these crazy contracts for big money. I do agree that Conner's success will put downward pressure on Bell's future price. Was he really as good as he thinks, or a product of a system with other good players?

17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I see him signing a deal similar to david johnson. I think he will sign a 3 year deal with high gurantee. I definitely think he will get more than 10-20 million FULLY guranteed.

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    agreed.

Things Bell has done that Conner hasn't:

1. made a rap album
    2. slapped a cottage cheese butt
    3. looked fat on a jetski

So yes I agree Bell is head and shoulders above Conner

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    You forgot tons and tons of mileage

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Context of the offense is important. If a team has other weapons, he’s probably not worth his asking price. If they’re looking for a savior, maybe he is.

And it’s never been about the total contract value, but rather the guaranteed money. If he got a 3yr/$40MM offer with $35MM guaranteed, he’d take it and run like a ... well, like a really good all-purpose back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    None of which you would give a damn about if he was with the team and playing at his usual level right now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    It's too bad for Bell that teams don't pay for yards run in the past. They pay on what you will do for them in the future. And even though there is only a small sample of Conner's work, there is enough to make any GM think twice about how much of that success was due to Munchek. I personally believe Bell is better than Connor... But not THAT much better.

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Exactly. People dont understand for example if he got cut half way into hat 70 million dollar deal he doesn't see all of that here as if hes gurangeed 35mm he got cut the next year and he would still get all of that money. The highest gurantee is always better as it's a sure thing. Teams and organizations cannot be trusted long term.

24. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    But, you will sign a kicker millions per year and he instantly forget how to kick an extra point ... let alone, a game winning FG against cleveland...smh
    I'm not even comparing the two ... I'm just trying to understand the mindset of the naysayers of Bell.
    I hear you speaking of all the negatives, but inspite of all that ... He set the tone for all of these young and upcoming rb's in the league now. He is a talent that other teams would love to have. The personal hate, for him, on this board is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Everybody outside of Steeler nation I've seen say Conner is good and some even have said he's just average but that bell is a whole another level.

• Agree Agree x 1