1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben's stats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by turtle, Oct 9, 2018.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I also think there might be a problem with his arm/ elbow

3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He's getting older. The deep ball goes first. Ben is a lot like Jim Kelly. kelly got beat up a lot and when the end came, the cumulative beating meant it came fast, We may be seeing it now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Deep ball looked good Sunday. Especially the one to AB. It was perfectly thrown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Like Afan stated, quarterbacks who are generally lauded for their "arm cannons" usually see some of that deteriorate over time.

Sure, today's sports medicine and medical treatments far exceed what the likes of Elway and Kelly had over a score ago and it definitley can prolong careers. However, just because it can prolong careers does not equate to delaying the inevitable all together. Ben is in decline from a deep ball standpoint although it has not entirely sunk in yet.

Perhaps this is just yet another indication (albeit unintentional) as to why young Mason was selected in addition to young Joshua being kept as well. Ben's arm is getting weaker. A contingency plan was needed and I am glad we have two options... or one if that one is more cleae cut than the other.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I was wondering if dropping a few pounds would play a roll in his passing. If you're at a certain weight for so long you would get used to using so much muscle in each throw and with that weight loss could he be throwing harder than he thinks. A lot of the balls are way to high. Just a thought.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben is

3rd in yards
    7th in tds (tied)
    5th in int's(tied with brady)
    17th in qb rating

he is doing alright lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    oh and all this injury affecting his throwing is BS. Every year he has been sailing passes some games, he is just aging.

lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Ben is fine, he has to be as we have zip, zero, natta backing him up now. Each game will put things more into perspective. IMO Ben, as well as the entire team, takes a while get their butts in gear. We'll see soon enough.

10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I’m trying to imagine Haloti Ngata playing QB...

11. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    They're fine as long as Ben continues to play like he did against the Falcons and the O-Line keeps opening holes for Conner.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Ben needs to win #3 and say bye bye. Then we hold our breath we don't have to wait the time it took from Bradshaw to Ben.

14. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    In terms of missing throws or accuracy his is only ahead of Darnold and Josh Allen. We could be seeing the end before our eyes. Let’s hope he gets it going but I’m starting to become very concerned