1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB sued, accused of throwing furniture from 14th floor balcony

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Oct 9, 2018.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    No doubt, and it will probably happen (out of court I'd imagine).

2. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    immature

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    IDK ,maybe just a Browns fan,,according to reports the guy suing owns the building and is a realtor tycoon..We'll see when/if the video turns up

Either way ,"if" AB did it ,SMH ,,he's a straight up POS

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I hope the dude gets paid on the grounds that this is just stupid. Cmon man, your Antonio Brown, you can't be throwing lamps off your balcony. He deserves to lose some money. Probably settle out of court and we will never hear about it again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Just the threat of video might be enough to get it settled out of court without much noise. Either way, I'd speculate there would be a suspension from the league pending (speculation only).
    If it does go to court, I hope the Gatorade cooler doesn't testify against him.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And his thoughts are smarter than half of mine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Very immature and i'm surprised he hasn't been charged with a felony for public endangerment?? And maybe that is under investigation.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Fake news. Nothing to see here. AB never threw anything from the "14th Floor". The building only has 13 floors technically speaking (Floor #13 is always missing). :hmm:

9. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    No one was injured by the incident. How in the hell could he possibly get a suspension?

If they try to suspend him, this opens up basically any type of law offense to suspension.

There’s absolutely no way the league is dumb enough to go that route.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. FeedTheMachineFTM

Jan 1, 2012
    https://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

Oh and he already he already threatened to break someones jaw ,so ,IDK

PERSONAL CONDUC
    T POLICY
    League Policies for Players

It is a privilege to be part of the National Football League
    Conduct by anyone in the league that is illegal, violent, dangerous, or irresponsible puts innocent victims
    at risk, damages the reputation of others in the game, and undercuts public respect and support for
    represent,
    the NFL.
    we must strive to conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on ourselves, our teams the communities
    and the NFL

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  11. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    There will have to be some strong evidence and witnesses..strrnberg on the toddlers nightmares/etc(get real) . Wait to hear more thursday.

12. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Both lawsuits are asking for in "excess of $15,000" so this doesn't really sound like a cash grab, meaning hundreds of thousands or millions, considering the supposed wealth of the plaintiff. Sounds more like they want send Brown a message. That message being "Stop being a irresponsible jerk."

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Didn’t Robby Anderson just get charged with felonies while reckless endangerment while driving?

He even pleaded no contest to the charges against him. He didn’t get suspended I don’t believe.

I’m not sure how that can even be compared to this situation. Would you try to argue and say that this is somehow worse?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.c...nderson-jets-wr-arrested-nine-charges-florida

Faced 9 felony chargers. Driving 60 miles per hour over the speed limit, endangered everyone’s life on the road ways. Then told the officer that he was going to f*ck his wife. Plead not contest to the charges.

The NFL still didn’t suspend him. And you are telling me they are going to suspend Brown for this? Lol

14. FeedTheMachineFTM

Jan 1, 2012
    No I’m not Saying that ,I’m saying if it happens it’s well within the rights of the NFL to do so
    My actual point is athletes believe they are above many things ,laws included .
    AB is just another narcissistic athlete

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Just read the article on the Trib. $35,000 a month for rent? :facepalm:

16. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

The guy who filed the lawsuit is a multi millionaire real estate developer. Obviously someone who can pay the $6-8 mil to buy a condo in that complex. So, I doubt it's a money grab. Allegedly, AB who also trashed the condo, agreed to pay the damages, but hasn't so far. Which might also explain the lawsuit.

Claims above come from KDKA 5pm news today.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Like I've said before...Great ballplayer...Weird Dude!

18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    No one was hurt (allegedly) and Ben wasn't charged in his 'incident', but he was suspended by the league.

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think 15,000$ is the minimum amount for that type of court, meaning it could be any amount greater than 15,000$.

20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This happened in April, and we're hearing about it now??

I see the army of local media that cover this team is at the top of its game. Surprised the national guys missed this too.

21. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    The child has been reported to say he is having night terrors just thinking about the near accident. Nam type flashbacks

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't want to be a wet blanket or hall monitor but I'd take it as a personal favor if you could avoid making statement's about what does or doesn't traumatize a child or what a two year old will remember. My son was bullied at his first daycare for months between when he was 2 and almost 3. It was the event that triggered his SPD to become as noticeable as it is. While it dI'd help us diagnose the problem I would have rather he never went through the ordeal that yes sticks with him 5 years later.

The principles, money grabs, greed, stars with no self control all fair game. Have at it knock yourselves out.

Just please let the kid portion go as reported.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    He must have been reading about rock bands from the 70's.

24. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Not being a dick but I can’t tell if this is serious or sarcastic?

25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm pretty sure he is being serious but you were just making a joke that many many many would have made without giving it a second thought. I thought it was funny but it is something dear to his heart and I think he made his point in a respectful manner.

• Agree Agree x 1