1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown lost a step ????

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ratkomladic, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013

I totally agree with you, he looks injured, specially against the Chiefs...

2. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    He didn't look injured on that give and go. Ben threw it about as perfect has you can to a perfect separation and speedy receiver.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think the current Qb can't throw it to him in a catchable location.

4. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    I’ve watched every game this season and he’s been overlooked by Ben plenty. He’s open a decent amount....it really is on Ben ....either he has thrown to him when he is actually covered or his passes have been uncharacteristicly inaccurate. We wouldn’t be talking about this if some of those deep passes were caught in past games. After yesterday’s game, teams will start respecting conners game and the connection with Brown will get better.

AB has what 4tds in five games? That’s 12.8, basically 13 in the season...that’s not a down year

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    You wouldn't think this if you watched AB on that 47-yard bomb. Dude was GONE.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He looked fast on that long TD :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Brown's issues IMO have been mental. How many times has he made route running mistakes or dropped balls that AB usually catches? I also think most of the blame falls on Ben has he seems late in his progressions. Ben's accuracy is IMO the biggest problem. Ben has not been reading defenders properly which leads to rushing and forcing ill advised passes. If Ben hits Brown on 3-4 passes yesterday that game is over before the half.

Add all this up and it's the sum of our QB being out of sync with his receivers and the receives are out of sync with the QB. Why? IMO this goes back to preparation. Our entire team was not prepared for the season to start. Good preparation has always been the Achilles heal of Mike Tomlin's teams and I'm not the only one to point this out. The evidence is everywhere and we see it every single season. It seems to really rear it's ugly head against bad teams and playoff games. Even savvy veterans such as Ben and AB need their reps and intense preparation to be on their A games. You would think the HC would know this.

8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah, but it`s not like he is 32 or something, LOL.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    In Tomlin's defense, Cowher's teams were also awful in September. This goes back 25+ years... Steelers teams not being prepared for the regular season and the offense laying eggs for the most part.

• Like Like x 1
  10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ben has been way off, but brown has lost a step?

11. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I don't think Brown has lost anything at all. Dude looks as crisp and dominant as ever. Ben has been the issue. Brown has routinely gotten wide ass open and Ben has missed him low.

12. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    He might have nagging injury but doubt he lost a step... Ben has missed some wide open opportunities this year......

13. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    no he has not. had his best game of season yesterday. Ben forces it to him sometimes, and thats why his target to catch ratio isn't too good.

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It's week 5 and Brown is not only not in the top 5, but he is ranked 26th in yards lol.

he must be twitching at this point

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    He is gonna have a game when he goes off and has 200 plus yds....... He will catch up........ Not worried... If ben did not miss him 3x wide open in raven game he would have over 100 yd game easy.......

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    To use one of Coach Tomlin's favorite sayings: AB has the best "short area quicks" I've ever seen. He loses anybody trying to play press almost instantly and seems to not lose any speed in his breaks. His quick twitch speed is freakish and his long speed has gotten better and better each year. I'd be willing to bet he's a legit 4.3 guy at this point. I don't think he's lost anything physically.

17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    He actually finished with 86 TD (which I've always thought was cool), he must have rushed for one on a reverse or returned a kick at some point. Also finished with 1000 receptions and I think 12000 yards. Combined with his blocking I think these stats will get him into Canton eventually.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    until AB catches a TD from a WR in a SB, Hines will still be my favorite Steelers WR lol.