1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Winners and losers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Don’t think people are excited about the fact that we beat them but more by the fact that our defense actually looked like an NFL caliber defense against an offense with playmakers all over the field.

If you can’t get excited about that, then I’m not sure what you will ever get excited about.

You do know that the Falcons hung 36 points on the Bengals D just last week, right? And we have just as good of an offense as the Falcons do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Well, you're welcome to get your hopes up. I'm not getting my hopes up for any kind of post season run until the Steelers can win some divisional games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

So... they did dominate.

Again, as stated before, Atlanta could not establish the run. Yes, the entire front seven is responsible for either limiting or shutting down the ground game but that only works if the interior lineman perform either well or dominate all game long.

Both Tuitt and Heyward fall into the latter category. Atlanta became one dimensional early in the game. In turn, it would end up costing them as Butler now had more freedom to dial up some blitzes.

Had Heyward and Tuitt not dominated, I very much doubt we would be talking about a Steelers win.

4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Dude. The defense held ATL to 17 points. SEVENTEEN. That offense?! In this year’s league?!

Opponents are going to score.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Definite winners this game were the defense and special teams. They did a fantastic job.

But I’m not going to get my hopes up too much until I see them doing this type of thing consistently.
    Yes I am incredibly happy over the win. Ecstatic even. But I need to see more before I start to believe problems have been corrected.

And the penalties? Not all of them were bad calls on the refs part. Some were stupid mistakes and avoidable
    And that still needs worked on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Not so sure about getting all excited about 2018 but we won and at the end of the day that is what I root for. As for the Falcons being as bad if not worse then our D I will give you that but remember this. The Falcons offense scored 36 on the Bungals, 37 on the Aints and 31 on the Panthers the last 3 weeks......we held them to 17, just saying!

This season may not go like we want it to but I am gonna enjoy the win while I can.......

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Winners: Conner, Watt, Davis, AB
    Losers: Our fears, Danny Smith's gum

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

FYI Falcons lost 37-36 vs the Bungals and had the lead twice in the 4th so while they have lost 3 in a row they are playing well with a banged up defense

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

DHB replacement????????? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    They also didn't even try to establish the run. That was my point. Freeman had 8 carries. Keep pumping Heyward and Tuitts ego. They really aren't as good as they think. They will cost us when it counts. We saw this against the Jags. I hope they prove me wrong but I doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Get over yourself. You made a bad post. It happens. Move on.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Freeman isn't Atlanta's only running back. Coleman shared the workload and Ito Smith got a few carries. The three backs combined for 18 carries, which is a decent total when you consider that the Falcons trailed all game long and were getting blown out in the fourth quarter. It's more of a chance than the Steelers gave their running game the in the losses to Baltimore and Kansas City.

Your prattling about Heyward just makes you sound ridiculous. Yes, he stunk against the Jaguars last year. He was also a huge reason why the Steelers won 13 games. He was one of the top defensive linemen in the league. Tuitt is a real concern. He didn't play well last year and he has been too quiet this season even with the excuse of the arm injury gone. That said, if you don't think the defensive line played well yesterday, I have to wonder what game you were watching or how much you understand the games you do see.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah I didn't think anyone could replace DHB...

14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

What an ironic statement.

I was going to state the same to you. :thumbs_up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You should also get over your sad little obsession with me. There are enough threads around here that others miss it, but you've jumped into discussions I was having with other posters to ramble on about your issues with the way I post. You're not a moderator and you really shouldn't be telling anybody how to post. That is why you so badly need to get over yourself.

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

This is a social forum; freedom of opinions within its being its main selling point among daily users of the internet. To dictate such is draconian and not even moderator applicable; something I clearly am not nor I have ever indirectly or directly inclined to be.

That being said, among the two of us, seems the "obsession" lies within the bulverism you subjugate others for not believing in the statements you create. In layman's terms, how you have conducted yourself with others is a far greater issue all together.

Ultimately, and, as expected, this has become nothing but a silly farce yet again; contradictions abound. If anything, where the "obsession" lies befalls on the continual attempts to retort others opinions and create artificial truth; your truth.

Again...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    OK man, whatever you say. :rolleyes:

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There you go again, lying about contradictions. You keep making that false claim. Your attempts to back it up in the past failed. There is nothing contradictory in what I am posting.

You have stalked me over multiple threads. If I dare bring up a flaw in one of your arguments, you turn it into an attack on me. It is your behavior that is completely out of line here. Instead of engaging in some self-reflection and thinking about what you've been doing, you'll just dig back into your thesaurus and continue to try far too hard as you poison this thread an others with your obsession.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

As I said.

Not playing these sadistic mind games.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It would be nugatory at this point. ;+)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Wanted to leave this here for you..

• Like Like x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You've been playing your own games and repeating the same old lies in the hope that others will believe. And now, upon being correctly called out for your inappropriate behavior and your heavy reliance on a thesaurus, you respond with a lazy post that is simply a regurgitation of the same false claim.

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I get you don't agree cause you are mr negative..........whatever

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :popcorn::drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016