1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Winners and losers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 7, 2018.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I was referring to the overall team

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Winner. They looked up to the task.

Defense kept attacking and offense didn’t turtle with a lead.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Stats mean only so much my man. For that matter, stats do not always tell the whole story.

Both Tuitt and Heyward did dominate. Sure, Heyward did in fact whiff on a would be sack but Ryan was under siege all day from both; 6 hits total between both Heyward and Tuitt.

For that matter, Atlanta was held to under 75 yards rushing. Pretty good all things considered.

Sure, sacks and tackles for loss are nice stats but sometimes those stats do not always come due in part towards stats not officially recorded in the form of quarterback hits, pressures and most importantly, gap containment.

In the end, both dominated as many people, myself included, praised. Whether or not you concur is up to you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yep. A pressure that forces a int or bad throw on 3rd down is better than a sack on 2nd.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Surprised it took this long for someone to start complaining about Dupree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree that he was good, but he did have one big mistake. He was very slow to react on the touchdown pass to Sanu. it's not his fault it was completed, but the last 20 yards and the score were on Davis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Who?

8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah well I don't think he is ever gonna be a good open field tackler

9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Provided if Bostic does not bite on Freeman in motion, Sanu does not get free in the first place.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I already acknowledged that in my post. To be fair, Bostic has to respect the run on that play. He took one step in the wrong direction. It was a well-executed play by the Falcons. It became a long touchdown because Davis didn't do his job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Alright my man.

Not playing these sadistic games of yours.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Dirty Thirty. TJ WATT.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    There were a lot of winners yesterday Watt being right up there but the one winner imo is whoever came up with the game plan. Not sure if it was Tomlin or Butler but we didn't see many if any 3 man fronts like we saw vs the Ratbirds. In 2 of the last 3 games(both wins TB & ATL) we brought the pressure a lot. I feel this team has the talent like we just saw but it has to be used correctly.

The oline were winners today as was JC30, Bostic, AB, and Fort. Ben imo was netural the INT in the endzone when he had 10 seconds was bad but he made up for it on the nice deep pass to AB.

When you win 41-17 not sure you can have a loser but imo the closest thing to that was the Boz, man he was so good and automatic in the past I hope he gets that back.

Great game to build on going into Bungal week

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't think people should get too excited about the 2018 Steelers until we actually defeat a division opponent. The Falcons have lost several players on defense. Their defense is actually worse than ours. The Bengals D will not be as kind.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Exactly not just that their psyche is shot. Teams just dont recover from SB embarssements like they had. They are a downward spiral just like Seattle was after that terrible russell Wilson call.

16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Aside from the 2 bad penalties Dupree actually had a decent game... he had a few pressures and played the run particularly well

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Amazing what happens when we bring pressure.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm going to enjoy yesterdays win and look forward to seeing if they can repeat it next week. :steelflag:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm enjoying this win, too... but the Falcons have been in a tailspin for a few weeks. If the Steelers beat the Bengals in their house, I'll start to believe.

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That offense and those weapons with Ryan at QB should of shredded us, I expected them to.

Steelers played a great game yesterday, not taking anything away from them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yes, the defense played very well with the exception of the Sanu TD and a couple of other plays. I was impressed with the noted improvement. The Bengals are a complete team... good offense, defense and special teams. If the Steelers can get a win, they will be back in the hunt. If not... they will be playing "catch up" all year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It was a nice win,one that we needed. I'm not getting overly excited until I see this team,the coaches and the players start to prepare and execute like they did yesterday on a more consistent basis. We've been on this roller coaster before. Next week should be a better indicator of what we should expect moving forward. The schedule doesn't get any easier and we haven't afforded ourselves too much room for error....

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm putting my man Brian Allen in the winner category. He went from practice squad to being in our 3 plays as a gunner on the punt team.

24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Sounds like they did their job. I wouldn't say they dominated. Dominated would be some sacks and tfl while doing all that. You know it's not that great when you bring up "hits" I saw on a few sacks they came in late and I'm sure they got credited for a hit for that.

25. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think the key with this game was it showed what the D could be when playing well-executed, well-schemed football.

I agree that the Falcons aren't a litmus test for high calibre opponents, but this game should be something far better to build on than the first three games, where you had a combination of bad conditions, offense withering when it was most needed, defensive calls being ridiculously conservative, and getting bowled over by Mahomes. They just need to keep building from this.

• Agree Agree x 1