1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs Falcons Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Oct 7, 2018.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Proud of the guys today. They played with a lot of passion on all fronts.

I knew the defense wasn't as bad as they've been playing. Hope to see more of what we did today.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He coached 3 seasons with the Titans. Only had one winning season but had a 36 year old Matt Hassleback, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jake Locker as his QB's in those 3 seasons.

He's a detail oriented coach that gets the most out of his line, Id like to see him get a chance with the talent on this roster which is much better than he had in Tennessee.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016

In your scramble to defend Tomlin, you missed the point.
    Please show me where I said fire Tomlin (I didn't).
    I was listing some current coordinators who hadn't previously been head coaches, making them what I would consider 'up and coming coordinators', because that's what we were discussing. I didn't state "here is a list of Tomlin replacements".
    Paul Guenther is there because he was on the list of DC's I found on wikipedia who hadn't been NFL head coaches at some point, no other reason (although he is from PA, which seems to be important to the Rooney's).

Can a Steelers fan really afford to call any other defense garbage...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wasn't on during the game, but I had to find the reaction to that play. I can't believe the broadcast crew said nothing. It was so clear that Bostic simply stumbled while trying to get up. I don't think I've ever seen something like that flagged.

6. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I went to a Steelers bar here in KC and couldn't be on the board today. But I just sat here and read every post in this GAMEDAY thread envisioning the game all over again in my head. GREAT DAY!!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Plus flagging that, but not flagging the shove on Connor when he was out of bounds. I don’t get the consistency there. For me, neither should have been flagged, but they’ve called the hit out of bounds for lesser offences this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    There is way too much happiness on this board today. GROSS.

Also, T.J. Watt is in a three-way tie for the league leader in sacks. And he's tied with his brother. AMAZING.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Watt probably won't be heard from for the next three games again :lolol:.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I remember he had an unremarkable record in TN. That's why I ask if he's head coach material. Norv Turner and Phillips are great coordinators but, horrible head coaches. Is Munchak different?

11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I love doing that after the game.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I explained his unremarkable record. Nobody wins without talent, especially at QB.

Norv had some good seasons, his stint in SD certainly wasn't horrible, even had a 13-3 season.

Wade had a .546 winning pct and had some atrocious teams.

Munch hasn't had nearly as much opportunity as HC as either of those guys so it's impossible to say but look at his strengths, hard nose guy, attention to detail, accountability. What does everyone here complain about with Tomlin?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I admire those attributes but IMO if there ever is a change at HC I want our next coach to be highly proficient in X and O s . I think it is becoming more of a thinking mans game especially with the physicality being legislated out of the game. If the HC isn't a X and O guy he will need to be surrounded by coordinators at both OC and DC that are. IMO that's part of the problem now...

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You know you can hear it in your head, "but, he did it with Schottenheimers players" I'm not knocking Munchak. I just don't see enough of him living where I do. I saw lots of Norv! He managed to help kill 3 different teams!

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The difference is Bostic's hit was on a quarterback, but you're right. Neither should have been called, but the hit on Conner was more violent and potentially more dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    How do you know he's not?

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't I'm just going by your description of him. It sounds like you know a lot about him and I figured it would be one of the things you mentioned...if so ++

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Unfortunately true, Why can't we see this week in week out?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Probably because so far this season our coaches have decided to use him in coverage more and rush only 3.
    More chances equal more opportunity. It's pretty unrealistic to expect that production every week and sometimes your gonna run into a buzz saw of a matchup. He was held,mugged and roughed up by the Ravens but one thing you can never question is his effort. He is always hustling and making plays all over the field. TJ is the least of our problems. I wish we had a bookend.....

• Agree Agree x 1