1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Will Cover the Atlanta Receivers?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers89, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Julio, Sanu, & Ridley. Fair to say they will do whatever they want?

2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    If the sun hides behind the clouds I would say there might be a great deal of shade that might cover them

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  3. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    That’s a good one!!! We don’t have ANYONE that can cover any of them. You forgot Freeman and Coleman out of the backfield caughting the ball. They have so many weapons it’s ridiculous. If they had half a defense they’d be really good.

I think it’ll be a shoot out and they’ll put up more points then us. I hope I’m completely wrong, but I don’t feel good about this one. Just like I didn’t feel good about last week. Never mind we’re losing all of our home games too. Hope we can somehow turn it around!

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Burns is better at man-to-man, have him follow Julio all day.

Hayden on Ridley, and let a bigger safety cover Sanu.... we also have Brian Allen now who is a taller CB.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would have to think that Atlanta's wide receivers will get a ton of coverage on ESPN and NFL Network after the game.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Covering receivers? Won't matter. This week, Matty Ice gets crushed on all sides from a pent up and charged full court blitz and won't have time to think, let alone find his fleet receiving corp.

Now they just have to figure out how to actually do this since there's no way on Earth, Steelers D can cover them. :rolleyes:

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Look.... we all know that the answer is playing DHB at single high safety. Hopefully the coaches figure that out soon. ;)

On a serious note - I have Ridley in both of my fantasy leagues, and he’s going to be the crown jewel of my starting lineup in both. We’re not going to cover them well. I think the key to victory is to click on offense and just make one more big play than they do. Have the ball last with a chance to win, and score the final points without leaving them time to respond.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It could get ugly, even if we get pressure on the QB.

9. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Nobody wearing Black and Gold. Worst defense in the NFL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Grass, grass will cover them. Sunshine will cover them too, going to be a hot day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I believe the 4-0 KC Chiefs have the worse D at the moment.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hate to bring this up again but it all come's back to my advise of getting hot young cheerleaders in skimpy black and gold outfits. This way they could distract the receivers with shimmy shakes. Hell probably would be the most excitement you will see at a Steeler home game this season.

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    steel curtain:

Just the thought of Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley lining up against the Steelers’ secondary is the stuff of nightmares, and it is hard to be confident that Pittsburgh will record their first home win of the year. As bad as they have looked at times this season, the Falcons have been far more competitive in their games and it could be another long afternoon for the Steelers on Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    The run game could help

15. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I'll volunteer my services. I am only 5'7" about 150 lbs. I can't run or jump, but I can do everything our secondary has been doing and I'll take half what they are getting paid.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think you will see Matt Ryan get pressured a lot, that will help the secondary.

17. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    The D line should have a great day but it won't matter with our secondary.
    At the least 4 sacks but with Ben's inaccuracy of late it won't matter again.
    Julio gets his first 3 TD's of the season.

18. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I wonder if DHB could cover? H3ll, I wonder if any failed WR could cover you never know. Ike was just a glorified failed receiver that couldn't catch.

Can't get much worse.

19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    image.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Butler has a plan... 215px-The_Wizard_of_Oz_Ray_Bolger_1939.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Matakevich is going to have to try to keep up with those backs? That's going to end badly.

The Falcons also have a decent tight end. That said, they don't have much of a defense. The field could be a mess, too, after Pitt played Syracuse there in the rain today.

22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    poison their water, I mean really, just poison it... and I'm talking about the Falcons skill players not our defense, although now that you mention it...

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Heyward, Tuitt, Dupree and Watt all have to have a big day for Pittsburgh to win.

Given the fact that the secondary sans the likes of Sean Davis (yes I said that) and Joe Haden cannot cover much of anything, pressure up front is going to have to win this one for the Steelers.

Now, if the pressure cannot either accumulate into sacks or generate enough consistently..., well...

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    One of my many concerns regarding the defense is that they will rush three and drop everybody again because they don't trust anybody back there except Haden and Hilton. I understand that lack of trust, but they made things way too easy on Flacco last week. I don't mind mixing in some defenses with seven or eight in coverage, but if they don't mix it up and get some pressure, I don't see how they will get any stops against Ryan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Butler is already quoted as having trepidation on blitzing them. Unless it's a bluff we're in trouble...