1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You be the GM: Ryan Shazier

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pjgruden, Oct 4, 2018.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    There is a higher chance of Glemm playing. And I heard he’s not very good.

This isn’t meant to be rude to Shazier. But he can barely walk.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's gotten this far back, who's to say he won't make it all the way back. At first I was thinking no way this guy should ever play football again even if he has a full recovery but seeing as how important it is to him to play again, I'm rooting to see him suit up again some day.

The guys putting in 2 hours a day 5 days a week of rehab. Like I said, I'm not doubting him.

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    His playing days are over, lets not fool ourselves. The body's nervous system doesn't repair itself like other parts of the body. I'm grateful he can walk again tbh.

I didn't even want a team to sign Welker and I'm not even a fan.

He should be given a defensive quality control position and go from there.

4. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

If ryan shazier got healthy somehow by miracle and ran his 4.35 40yd dash , there would be a bidding war going on with just about every team that has cap space involved.... Not 1 owner would care about the possibility of him being hurt again...........

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes, I'm sure there are teams out there that would take him, but I hope he doesn't play again no matter how healthy he is. I would love to see him make it back into good enough shape to play but would hate to see him do it. Wouldn't be worth the risk in my opinion!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I have a better chance of becoming the Pope than him playing football again. It sucks to have such a promising career end so quickly, but to count on him making any contribution as a player would be foolish and stupid.

7. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I'll take "what has a snowball's chance in hell of happening" for $200 Alex.

8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    A guy like Sean Spence severely injured his knee, he works his tail off and gets back in the league. But he's never the same player he was before the injury. He basically was a marginal player when he returned.

Shazier's injury has got to be worse by a factor of ten. Good luck to him, but even if, a big if, he gets medical clearance, his chance of being able to make a team are very low, and his chance of being more than special teamer or backup are even lower.

9. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He gets moved to the front office. Too much of an inspiration not to have him with the team. Never give up attitude

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ryan Shazier will look good on our scouting department.

11. Marko

Marko Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Even if Ryan Shazier was out for a season with something far less serious, like a knee injury, he would still have to compete for a spot on the team, and then a starting position when he got back. I am sure Shazier understands the nature of the game. With that in mind, why the heck didn't the Steelers draft, or sign another quality linebacker? Were they worried about hurting Shazier's esteem? I'm sorry, but this is the NFL! A team can not hold a spot for a player, who, in all likelihood, is not going to return to the field. Nothing against Shazier.