1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bench Big Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Raymond L Hall, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Raymond L Hall

Raymond L Hall Member

Oct 1, 2018
    First you have a coaching staff who still thinks B. Ben is the SAVOR and has the ability to win ever game. This is not true. B. Ben is pass his final days he no longer is accurate his passes are slow no sing he can't even grip the ball.

We need to play the back up. Its time to replace the complete coaching staff and the quarter back.

Ray Hall

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Funny, a couple of games ago there was another "Ben is Elite" post. Followed by a lot of us being slammed for saying Ben was past his prime.

Hmm..

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    He's leading the league in passing yardage.....kinda hard to follow your logic. Strong first post though :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    He had a problem gripping the ball yesterday and with his release of the ball. I think that is why his throws are all over the place including the ball not even leaving his hand a couple of times. If that can't be fixed by next week then he needs to be sat down for a game or two. He might bounce back quickly. He has been good for a long time,

5. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Why even respond to a post like this... Welp s*** I just did I guess

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They showed him on the sideline messing around with a glove.
    Don’t think he wore it.
    Joe had a ball slip out of his hand too.

What was the weather like?
    Was it humid or wet out?

7. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    All I know is that he can't throw the deep ball this year at all. I also know I felt more excitement about this team in preseason when he wasn't playing. I'll always be a fan of Ben and grateful for bringing winning back here after so many years with a crap QB. But I think he's gone one season too long. Can he improve? Maybe, time will tell, but I don't think Ben has "it" anymore and when you look at him on the sidelines during games, he just looks checked out. I don't know how he is with the team when the cameras are not on, but I never see him talking to the players on the sideline trying to get everyone focused and upbeat. All I have seen this year is him complaining to his WRs when there has been miscommunication.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Pimply? Is that you?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Going to take a lot more bad outings for Ben to get benched. An injury would be a more likely cause if you want to see Dobbs in action.

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't understand Ben in second half... he looked scared?!!!!???

He looked like he didn't want to get hit, and chose to throw it only 5 yards or less.

Did he get a concussion or is his elbow more messed up than we know about? Are they hiding an injury?

11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We don't know if Tomlin thinks Ben is the 'savior' but he is stuck with him, good or bad.

12. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    New member here, but longtime fan. I have to say this thread is what finally got me to join. Bench BB? Really? I guess every good thing must come to an end, but Ben has a few good games left in him, IMHO. Relax, we'll get this turned around. Yes, the end of his career is coming....sooner than anyone wants., but I'm still thinking....playoffs.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. SteelAU

SteelAU Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    That is what i was wonder why more fans weren't questioning sport hosts on radio or tv on.

In the Second half, the last 4 drives, ended by Ben trying to get a 1st down throwing to AB. No one else.

Ben seemed to be guiding the ball, and not being sure what he wanted to do.

That caused our D to finally cave in, as our O never crossed the 50 yard line. And now, we have not scored a point in the second half in the last 2 games, AT HOME.

Ben seemed to not show any fire in the second half, and without any offense, how could we expect the D to hold time after time...

14. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Which league is that.

15. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. He's playing the part of Jekyll and Hyde

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Man that’s a heck of a predicament to be in. Stuck with a QB and head coach no matter how they preform. That’s not a winning formula.

17. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Ever think about the Vegas under world? They want their pony to win and it wouldn't be the first time a player stuffed an envelope into his pocket:facepalm:.
    What was that crap with Boz in the first few games.
    Never discount nothing but keep it floating in the back of your minds.
    Billions are at stake out in the desert.:drinks:

18. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    What is he tasting? Cuz it sure ain't points in the second half! :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Code:
    Big Ben NFL QB rankings
    Completions       5th       119
    Attempts          3rd       186
    Comp%            24th        64%
    Attempts/Game     3rd        46.5
    TtlPassYards      1st     1,414
    AvgYards/Pass    14th         7.6
    Yards/Game        1st       353.5
    TDs              10th         8
    INTs              3rd         5
    Sacks            13th         9
    20+ Plays         6th        17
    40+ Plays         3rd         4
    Rating           23rd        90.2

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  20. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Hes trying to force the ball to Brown too much. Brown is gonna cry and wine but he will be ok if he doesnt get the ball.

21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Last year Ben started off really slow and picked up his game. It remains to be seen if that will happen again . He's been maddingly inconsistent so far this year, more than previous years.

I have no idea if Ben gives us the best shot to win this year or not. I haven't seen Rudolph play. My guess is Ben is our best shot this year, but there is no denying that he is past his prime and he doesn't have many years left in this league. This may very well be his last. Pro athletes tend to hit the wall hard when they hit it

22. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    oh ffs

23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That is where real coaching comes into play. Tomlin needs to address the selfishness . If Brown can't get with the program then he should be sat . No player should ever be above the team. But this is a coach that gives veterans special treatment .

24. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben is still good enough. He just needs to play better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    His first attempt to AB84 went into the dirt about 5 yards away from AB. I was wondering if he tried to reel it back in or if it slipped.

To the benching part though, you don't put your SB winning QB on the bench. See Eli last year. It's not a good look for the other guys on the team. They still know Ben is their best chance at winning.

• Agree Agree x 2