1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Shero talked about Kessel's injury in his post season presser and Yeah I absolutely believe he was injured because you are right he couldn't stick handle to save his life. He also mentioned Brassard had an injury that made it difficult to play through which I don't believe I think he is saying that to cover up for making a bad deal when they realized they waited to long to get a solid 3rd line center. To top it off the guy they really needed Reaves is making his presence felt in the Jets/Knights series. Letang has always been one of those core guys I didn't want to see traded but at this point he isn't worth the money and I say trade him prior to the start of free agency or move him from defense to winger and see if he can find his game again. He is not the same player he was before the neck injury. I am hoping that they get bigger in the off season and don't fall in love with speedy skill guys from the Kings and try to give away the cow to get an iaging player AGAIN.

Edit: I meant Rutherford don't know why I have Shero on the brain maybe it is from all his bs press conferences

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Agree, at this point teams don't really need to target the big guys.

All they do is thin out the 3rd and 4th lines and stick their best pairing on Sid and hope that Malkin's line does not destroy them.

With Kessel hurting that was easy to do.

3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Welp, all tied up!

Interesting series of penalty calls late in the 2nd. Some real ticky-tack stuff, but missing the high stick...

Caps are still doing the same interference at the blue line they did against the Pens. I don't see how they get away with it. They're picking the support guy almost every entry and disrupting the attack that way.

4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Caps losing again will make me feel a lot better about the Pens failure to 3-peat. That entire organization is a joke. All they do is talk a good game and complain when any other team plays as dirty as they do. Wilson, Ovie Trotz all deserve each other.

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, the hit Wilson took wasn't even close to a targeted head shot he he was doing.

Flower doing Flower things in the playoffs again!

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I like how the Bolts are playing the trap right back at the Caps and they can't handle it lol

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Hopefully my prediction is wrong about the Caps. Although an expansion team in the finals bothers me, it's an embarrassment.

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They picked up some real solid players in that expansion draft. They hit the league at just the right moment with the guys teams couldn't protect.

If you think about it most teams are just really a collection of one or 2 lines and a goalie with the other pieces being swapped out every 2-3 years and at random yearly.

Look at the Pens team this year. They had basically the same line-up for 2 straight years and then boom a huge chang and the 3rd and fourth lines were totally different. with different defensive guys.

Hell Flower didn't even have hi usually meltdown.

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Lightning need to eliminate the Caps. As long as the Caps don't win the Cup I don't much care who does win between Vegas and Tampa Bay.Don't have any money to speak of on either team.

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    If it is Vegas Vs Bolts I'll be interested to see if Kunitz gets his fifth or Flower gets his fourth. I'd be happy for both guys

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Good observation and analysis Liz. Remember how the Carolina Panthers had early success in the NFL as did the Marlins and Diamondbacks in MLB. But that's where the trend dies....with the Mistake by the Lake as perennial losers. But glad they're on the Steeler's schedule twice a year. Still have to love BB's record whenever playing in the Buckeye State.

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm very happy with LV's success this year so far (in lieu of a Pens 3-peat). I can drive to their games in about the same time that it would take to get to a Kings or Ducks game (with LA's 24-7 traffic nightmare). Actually looking forward to the Raiders getting out of the Oakland and LA ghetto settings and playing in LV. But, the effect on LV could be similar to Starbuck's new policy of letting street folks live and bath in their over-priced hi-brow coffee joints. Colliding universes could get interesting.

13. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Time for the Lightning to remind the Caps and their fans just how big they are as losers.

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Didn't work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Trotz being gone will insure the Caps not repeating and winning the Stanley Cup back to back. I never liked him but he is a good coach. Him being gone coupled with the hangover from winning the Cup should eliminate them from being a serious contender this year.
    The Pens need to do some minor changes and they should be good to go for their third Cup in four years.

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    So they had to dump Sheary in order to get out of Hunwick's deal. They lock up Sheahen was a reasonable 2.1 mil, sounds like a deal in place for a solid veteran blue liner in Jack Johnson, and talk of going after Jeff Skinner. I think they are reloading for another cup run. Heck if they deal Brassard away I won't be upset I think he just never gelled with anyone so other than losing Gustaveson no big loss if he goes.

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    They didn't need to do much reloading.

18. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Penguins offseason moves

Bringing in a 54 year old Matt Cullen and signing a career -326 defender

19. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    The start of preseason! Nice to be watching a Pittsburgh professional team without drama again!!!

LGP

• Like Like x 1
  20. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    It starts for real next Wednesday with the Pens playing Thursday against the Caps.
    I've got $1,000.00 on the Pens winning it all this year at 12-1.
    We need another championship in Pittsburgh and I've said all along the next champ will be the Pens.

• Like Like x 1
  21. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    I like the early looks of this Penguins team. Obviously we need to stay healthy and need Murray to bounce back but this is a solid deep team. Defense still scares me somewhat especially if Tanger is still in suck mode

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I had my doubts with Jack Johnson's deal, but I really hope he proves everyone wrong. would be huge.

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And all them little doggies will be woofing and rooting for the Pens as well. :thumbs up:

24. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Wilson suspended 20 games! Dirty piece of ****

25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't see how you can argue that he's not at this point! That's basically how they got to the Finals anyway. Use him to cheap shot some players and make them not 100% or lose them for a game or two.

• Agree Agree x 1