1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Keys to the game vs Chiefs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Sep 16, 2018.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Here are my quick keys to today's matchup.

1. Ben rebounds- Couple of beat writers have covered how well Ben bounces back after a bad showing. Today at home he will continue the trend.

2. Pound the rock- The passing game will be helped by Conner and crew running the ball early and often.

3. Watt- Mahomes will be looking to sling it on long passes. If TJ,Bud Tuitt and Heyward get to him on his 5-7step drops he will have a long day.

4. Defend your house. 1pm Start, home opener, rocking crowd. Defend your house no matter what.

#HereWeGo

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Must win game imo. Everyone is banged up but we should be alright

3. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever- Shane Falco.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    My key to game: Have more points then they do at 4:00.

I too feel this is a must win. Not like baseball where you have 162 games. With Cinn. and Balt. looking like true equals this season every game is huge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Baltimore looks in disarray and no idea who they want to be the man on offense and the defense got old. Bungle lost their starting center and their top offensive threat in Mixon for at least a month if not more. I think things will even out.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Slowing down Hill, shutting down Watkins and Kelce. Then there's Hunt. On offense, Ben is the wildcard. He has bounced back after bad games, but the past doesn't predict the future. This game should be a good test for Connor too.
    If this season's goal is home field advantage, they're all must win imo, unless the top tier teams start dropping games.

7. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Does Ben still have it??

At this age you never know when the eventual end has arrived until it’s...... arrived.

HWGS!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Kelce was a nonfactor in week 1. I think they needed him to help in pass protection too often. I don't expect the same this week but of all the guys out there he worries me the least since it isn't Alex Smith under center anymore and a young guy who doesn't yet know the value of having a guy like Kelce to check down to.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Hopefully today isn't the day Mahomes learns the value of Kelce, but Reid is no dummy when it comes to X's&O's.
    Hill is my real worry, and Hunt. Especially with the injuries to the D.