1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell Concerned the Steelers are Going to Use Him

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Sep 14, 2018.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles...cerned-about-usage-level-upon-steelers-return

Kind of funny. It'd be ideal for Bell if they put a special clause in the contract that he'll only get ___ many touches a game.

This guy's head is blown up to mammoth proportions.

I want to go into work at tell them I'm only doing so many calls. I want them to guarantee my yearly wage for 4-5 years before I show up, and pay me the salary of two people. But... I can't catch or run with a football. A highly valued attribute in society warranting 855 thousand a game!

Guaranteed this guy falls off the face of the planet as soon as he gets his guaranteed money.

He'll be punk thugging his new rap album in gold chains talking s_it paying off producers so he can go down with the names of Tupac Shakur and Biggy Smalls. A highly desirable goal to have in life.

Looks like he's hanging out with good company.

Trippie Redd, real name Michael Lamar White,

"White was arrested in Cobb County, Georgia following an assault on rapper FDM Grady in late May 2018.[49] According to Grady, White and fellow rapper Lil Wop insulted Grady's girlfriend, leading Grady to draw a firearm briefly before engaging in a fist fight with White. At that point, Grady was attacked by four men including White and Wop.[50] White was arrested on charges of affray (public fighting), criminal trespass and simple battery.[citation needed] A few weeks later in early June, White was again arrested in Georgia on an assault charge for allegedly pistol-whipping a woman.[51]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trippie_Redd

Here's a nice video where his buddy is brandishing a firearm shooting it talking s_it like every other gang banging thug rapper.

Bell's not worth "guaranteed money". He's the type that needs motivation (aka MONEY) to come to work.

Whoever gives him the big gauranteed deal is going to lose. I give him 2-3 years tops.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    When he comes back, I would just let him sit on the bench and he would be the 4th running back. He's not going to put forth any effort as he doesn't want to get hurt. He's already soured the locker room. He's all about himself now. So we should be all about the team. Just roll with the running backs we have and let him just sit the bench or put him on the suspended/inactive list.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Who?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
  5. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    When your heart is on the streets that's where you belong.

6. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Man I hate how Bell has handled this situation, but I respect it from a business perspective. The Steelers next order of business should be to hope he comes back week 10 and to bench him for the rest of the year. They will have to eat the 5 mil but they will get a 3rd or 4th round draft pick and honestly it's probably going to cost Bell his 17m per year guarantees from other teams. Nobody wants cancer in the locker room, and Bell is not only a cancer but a horribly selfish and ignorant human being that deserves zero respect or sympathy.

If I was Tomlin I would put him through the ringer at practices when he comes back and never play him in any games. We ain't gonna use ya but we sure as hell gonna make you work for that 5m.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

It would be hilarious if they assigned him to the practice squad.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Tomlin's not man enough to bench bell. .Whenever he wants to come back those 35 touches a game will be waiting for him unfortunately

9. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Can't assign him to practice squad

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That depends quite a bit on Conner. If he can be the back we saw Sunday in Cleveland for 10 weeks, Bell is not getting 35 touches per game when he returns.

11. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    If Bell is willing to play hard then Tomlin should play him. People have very short memories apparently. Bell is extremely talented and can help the Steelers win. If nothing else he'd make one hell of a 3rd down back.

12. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Some rapper, I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Yea. I know. Just wishful thinking.

If he does come back week 10, they should just deactivate him then. You know he's not going to give 100% effort at that point anyways.

The whole situation is just a flipping mess thanks to a selfish greedy player.

14. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    More like (C)rapper.

I don't know how anyone can call that music.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    you are talking third and long right where he sneaks out into the flat or behind the LB's for passes because fighting for that one yard on third and fourth down is not really his specialty. I wished he would go over the top a few times on third and inches like Fournette did to the Steelers twice.

16. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Yes, I should have been more clear. I like Conner better as a short yardage back already. While Bell is strong and a tough runner his patient style is not particularly conducive to getting tough yards when the defense is expecting it. I was simply giving an alternative if people are dead set against him being the starter. He could still be used. He'd probably also be our third best WR right now, so you could use him there with Conner in the backfield. All that said, if Bell is in shape and is giving his normal effort whenever he comes back then I start mixing him in with an eye towards him being the starter again. I should say that I am assuming Conner is not going to do what he did last week every week. He plays like that minus the fumble and he stays the starter.

17. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    It's just bad all around...But for the overall team, morale...Better team with him but...wth are you gonna do...screwed either way...Curious to see how this plays out but...I don't think it will end well

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If Bell can help your team win, then you play him. Art Rooney II will have a say in this, he isn't going to pay Bell 5 million if he shows up week 10 just to sit him on the bench :shrug:.

19. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    I'd say if he comes back week 10 make him earn his way back as the starter. Have him prove that he's not gonna pull a punk move by easing up by not trying to get hurt. split carries between him and Conner and if he proves he's all in for the rest of the season then have him carry the load. Then after the season he can kick rocks

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Really...What else can you do...He really does have us by the b*****...And sadly he knows it

21. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    A couple of points.

1. Bell had 4 100 yard rushing games last year the exact same number of games he was under 50 yards. Conner had 135 yards rushing in week 1. Bell had more than that only twice last year. He had one great year in 2016 where he had 6 100 yard rushing games with one of those being 200+ yards. However, in 2015 he played only 6 games with 3 of those being over 100 yards. In 2014, he had 4 100 yard games the same number of games he had less than 50 yards. In 2013 he had 1 100 yard game.

2. Bell is worried about being overworked? He had 3 games last year where he had 30+ carries. He had 7 games where he had under 20 carries. In 2016, he had 1 game with over 30 carries and 6 where he had 20 or under carries. And he had a whopping 1 game over 30 carries from 2013-2015. And he uses 1 game from Conner as evidence that he'll be overworked when he comes back? That doesn't hold water.

BTW, having Maurice Jones-Drew doing an interview with his is highly biased. He actually argues that Conner getting 31 carries is justification for Bell not being there. Bell wants tens of millions of dollars, but doesn't seem to want to work for it. And can we please retire the "no long term security" argument? If you aren't secure with a 15+ million dollar salary then what the heck are you spending it on? I've said it before, Bell should be able to retire right now and never have to work again. It amazes me that people still look at the security argument and agree with him, especially people who will never make anything close to that.

If Conner goes off again this week, I'd tell Bell to just stay at home, we don't need him and let him chew on that. I'd rather lose without him at this point.

• Winner Winner x 3
  22. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Yea we've lost with him so we shouldn't really be worried about losing without him

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who?

• Like Like x 1
  24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That is fresh as hell, yo.:coolcool:

25. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Id honestly rather listen to a ham sandwich rap than bell.. He's genuinely bad at it. This is def one of those stick to your day job kinda thing's