1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers play KC tough

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chainmover1, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    TS[the Steelers] match up very well against KC. At least that's how those news guys and talk show hosts put it. Why, or what it really means I have no clue, but it sounds good.

I do know TS are 6-1 vs KC since 2011. [Oh, and just missed matching up well vs Cleveland last Sunday I suppose.]

Anyway, it would be nice if TS "match up" well again Sunday. Of course, they do have a new QB. Smith was traded. Possibly because he didn't match up too well against TS.

Here's what it looks like from an nfl database since 2011.
    ---------------Away---
    Oct 15, 2017 PIT 19 KC 13 W -3.5 W 46.5 U
    Jan 15, 2017 PIT 18 KC 16 W -2.5 W 45.0 U
    Oct 2, 2016 KC 14 PIT 43 W -3.5 W 48.5 O [TS very sharp-KC ?????]
    Oct 25, 2015 PIT 13 KC 23 L -3.0 L 41.5 U
    Dec 21, 2014 KC 12 PIT 20 W -2.5 W 49.0 U
    Nov 12, 2012 KC 13 PIT 16 W -12.5 L 39.5 U
    Nov 27, 2011 PIT 13 KC 9 W +10.5 L 42.5 U

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    KC is a whole different animal with Mahomes at QB. I hope the Steelers D is up to the task, or this could get ugly quick.

Conner should do well, again. Ben will improve on last week, since it's a home game.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Absolutely right. I have lived in KC for 23 years and this is a Chiefs team that scares me. They are going to be very loose after throttling San Diego last week. While others say the Chiefs defense is bad, that is also misleading. They only gave up 12 points to the Chargers through three quarters and then went into pure prevent mode. Rivers had a ton of garbage yards in the 4th quarter. This isn't a team we can get down by more than a score to. The thought of Berry having to punt to Tyreke Hill gives me serious heartburn too. He better not be kicking spirals down the middle of the field like he was last week.

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think Mahommes is going to be good. Of course everyone is making him out to be an HOF, when he's played one game.

They are a legit team. Good QB, good RB in Hunt, great WR in Hill, great TE in Kelce.

I can tell you they aren't going to miss seeing Leveon Bell, he's chewed up and spit out the Chiefs very badly the last 3 years.

Hopefully Conner can replicate that against them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Steelers have beat Chefs 3 times in past 2 years with last year at Arrowhead where Brown and Bell had a monster game. Steelers squashed Hunt and Hill in that game. Hopefully (Bad Word) Lebeau's tenacity vs rookie QBs rubbed off on Butler and the Steelers and TJ have a field day with this rookie. :thumbs up:

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Steelers need to bring back the concept of the "onside punt" that occurred a few years ago when the Steelers punter (not sure which miserable one it was) had a knack of shanking punts about 15-20 yards which invariably hit the back of an unsuspecting opponent with the Steelers recovering the errant touched ball for possession and a new set of downs. Closest thing to an onside kickoff but each time totally unplanned with a fortuitous outcome. :hmm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I also live in KC. Steelers better bring their A-GAME.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I personally do not understand the worry leading into this game myself. Did the Kansas City Chiefs transform into the New England Patriots? I did not get that memo. I do understand some of the concerns for certain but I do not see anything in terms of a definitive slugfest.

Even under the assumption that Eric Berry plays, Pittsburgh is likely to come out on top. Without Berry (Marucs Peters also), Ben is going to have a field day. Brown could not be stopped even when Marcus was in the game and, for unknown reasons, did not shadow AB. Add in JuJu and hopefully James Washington and this game could be disastrous for the Chiefs.

Biggest beneficiary is still James Conner. Even when Ramon Foster went out, Chris Jones, an emerging force of a 3-4 defensive end, could do little against B.J. Finney then. What is going to be the difference now?

Defensively, Artie has matched up against Tyreek before. No reason he cannot do it again. Cameron Sutton appears to be the weakest link. Regarding him, we shall see. Biggest questions in the secondary though lie upon both Terrell Edmunds and Sean Davis. How will they fare against both Mahomes and Kelce? I believe they both will do well as Edmunds did not really allow much of anything to David Njoku and Sean Davis was reacting far more than any of us had ever seen him; his NATURAL position as me and mac daddyo alluded to for quite some time now.

As for the front seven, both Tuitt and Heyward will cause havoc; T.J. no less. Biggest question defensively overall though is how will Bud fare against Eric Fisher? Sure, he had a quality game against Cleveland... against an undrafted rookie. Eric Fisher may not be the best left tackle in the game, but he is far from being the worst; a very good starting one at that.

As I said, some people are REALLY selling this game quite a bit; too much so in my opinion given the recent history.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelerinKC

Sep 23, 2016
    We have a hell of a Steelers fan club here in town just in case you didn't know. I have been a member every year that I have lived here.

10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    hold them under 25, get some sacks +pressure and we should win.

11. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Our history of beating them is about all we have going for us this time around. I would normally be expecting a squeaker win or better like in past years where we play ugly, then suddenly play good the next week. The problem is when Ben is dinged up, he always plays at a lower level. So, IMO, everything hinges on how bad the elbow is. If you see Ben making inaccurate throws early in the game, that would be a very bad sign.

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    This isnt the same steeler team that beat them before and this isnt the same KC team we beat before, this game is not in the bag by any stretch.......

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. SteelerinKC

Sep 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    5 starters didnt practice yesterday and probably wont practice today including Ben, but dont worry about ben he has already said he isnt rusty, heyward with a knee is worrisome along with alualu decastro and hayden being out is concern....

15. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    I go to Callahan's in Lenexa to watch the games.. big time Steelers bar

16. SteelerinKC

Sep 23, 2016
    I will need to buy you a beer then, I am up there most Sundays.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Mahomes can't throw the ball if he's on his back :shrug:, the pass rush should be able to get to him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope so. It would be nice if Dupree would get a sack or two. Watt will get at least one.

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd be more worried if as someone pointed out this was check down Alex, he would likely find the holes in the secondary. Mahomes will need a 5 to 7 step drop to fire that canon of his and if the pressure gets to him it will be a long day.

20. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm looking forward to it!! I wont be there this weekend though

21. InBenWeTrust

InBenWeTrust Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Remember when we went into KC and beat the 5-0 Chiefs. The Chiefs are shook when they see the Pittsburgh Steelers on their schedule.