1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How many failed high picks can Browns suffer?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Watt Wack, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
  2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    A 7th rounder in 2020. In a trade before the 1st preseason game? Wow, that's a hair above outright release. You have to want to rid yourself of the guy pretty badly.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There is a reason that regime didn't last long.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    131 targets, 56 receptions. That's 42%. Think of it as analogous to a QB completion%. Less than 50% is pretty bad. I realize they ain't had great QBs in Clev. But that statistic and the desire to drop him like he was radio active, makes me think Corey Coleman's attention to detail was a bit lacking.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I said it a few weeks ago in order for the Browns to dig themselves out of this hole they are in they need several solid drafts with a clear vision of what they want their team to be and management and coaching that won't change for a decade. They never build on drafts because of change of coaching or philosophy. I mean you look at the draft picks they have had. You get your defense last year, you get your skill players at WR, you come back this year and draft the best back 1st and have him be the face of your franchise and sell tickets with him, then take the QB that fits your system. You don't flip back and forth taking guys just because they are top rated. Find your players and draft to create your team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cobalt7

Cobalt7 Active Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Really? Just up the road from Pittsburgh is a city that doesn't deserve an NFL team. Cleveland has chosen the broken road they are on and kept Hue Jackson just for laughs. I am laughing at this post.

8. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    BOTTOM LINE
    Dangerous vertical talent with the ability to get over the top of defenders who fail to recognize his blazing quickness off the line of scrimmage. Coleman can get instant separation to create favorable passing windows and is one of the top playmakers in this draft. Coleman's issues with drops near the middle of the field could be a concern if teams see him next as a slot receiver due to his lack of size. Regardless, he can line up outside and win and he offers immediate punt return help.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/corey-coleman?id=2555333

Goes to Cleveland and turns into sh-- ball. It's like they try to suck.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    they just cant draft, and they have a losing mentality. will never change.

only team I can GUARANTEE will never win a superbowl in my lifetime, or my son's lifetime, or til the end of time.

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    They need to stick with Hue Jackson no matter what. One of these years, Browns might win 7 games if they keep their coaching staff and front office intact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    See what happens when you listen to the experts and take the can't miss first rounders ...in the first round.
    Like I said the situation a player is drafted into is almost as important as the talent they have.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They are MUCH improved.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    THey won the preseason last year too but followed it up with a goose egg, when they go .500 then I will say they are better.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If they don't win 6 games, heads are going to roll again LOL.