1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which other NFL cities have you seen the Steelers play in?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by saturdaysarebetter, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cleveland, Cinnci, Baltimore, Houston (when they were Oilers) La Superbowl against Rams 1980
    PGH 3 stadiums.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    East Rutherford
    Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    Philadelphia

And of course Pittsburgh multiple times

I feel like there should be more there for me, but I can't remember where else I would have gone.

3. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I can't blame you. I wouldn't go to the Coliseum even if I was a Raiders fan. What a dump (literally)

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    dang nice!!! those SBs must have been sweet just for the experience. Currently I have a house near the boot heel of MO but am working in St Cloud MN and may move again. Work just won't stay put lol...

5. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    I live in north jersey and besides Pittsburgh the only place I’ve seen the Steelers play is East Rutherford.Twice I’ve seen the Steelers as heavy favorites against the Jets and both time laying a egg and being on the short end of the stick.Jets fans are the nastiest fans in football besides the Eagles.Not good losing to that crap team!!!

6. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
  7. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Hey Turtle....If ever in north MO, get in touch. I am a head football coach at a small high school. It's my 27th year. We are in pre-season now as well.

Those Super Bowls were awesome. I cant afford it on a teacher salary. I have a great friend who hooked me up with media in 1994. I have been working the Big Game since Super Bowl 28 as a photo runner on the field. This year will be 25th anniversary. I can't believe how time flies. I had surgery for colon cancer before Christmas. I was worried I would miss Minnesota, but I made it. My picture on this site with Coach Cowher was from SB 44 in Miami the Saints won with Shannon Sharp and Dan Marino in the pic. Cowher was incredibly awesome. I told him I was a HS coach and he wanted to know what type of offense and defense we use. So...so...so... glad a Pitt hometown guy won the one for the thumb and it was enjoyed with his wife and daughters before the crap hit the fan a couple years later when his wife Kay Cowher got sick and passed. Most of the athletes and coaches I have met are all awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Very cool, congrats.

9. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Toronto (preseason)
    Nashville

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Will do! I would definitely love to help coach some of those defensive players if I could... Schools in SE Missouri are too small too field a team so they are relegated to mostly basketball and other crap sports... tbh i am sickened by the thought of no football for these kids

11. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Cincinnati once.
    Also saw the Pens in Washington for Game 5 of their series this year, but this ins't a hockey board, so......

12. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This must have been in 1999? I was at that game! Richard Huntley had a long run towards the end, Kris Brown had his first career FG miss, I think Kordell had a TD to Hines in the corner.

That was my first ever football game. The weather was beautiful! Very windy and rainy. We were beating them so soundly that by the end basically only Steelers fans remained. I remember one play, Kordell threw a deep ball I think to Will Blackwell, and it looked like a sure TD, and the ball "bounced" off the sky as if it hit the ceiling. The wind knocked it down like God was playing with a flyswatter. I'd never seen anything like it.

The only other Steelers game I went to was at Three Rivers in 2000, a 15-0 snoozer against the Bengals. Hines Ward had a great TD, Kent Graham was garbage and shouldn't have been on the field in the first place, we got a safety (sack, I think Gildon?) on my end of the field, and Jon Witman broke his leg, which, little did I know, began the Kreider era. Josh Miller had a strong game (I just looked it up, 12 punts), and the fans around me chanted "MVP" for him. He politely shushed us.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    HugeSnack sighting! Some old time members popping up :steelflag:

• Like Like x 1
  14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Welcome back old friend (Casey's still one of my all time favorite Steelers and the run D hasn't been the same since he stepped down). Yes that would have been around 1999 at SF - all I remember was the cold steady downpour, the buzzards (actually sea gulls) circling the field by the hundreds near the end, the empty stadium in the 4th qtr (other than Steeler fans), Slash cutting his teeth and a glorious Steeler W. And all the Steeler players saluting and waving to the Black and Gold fans before they ran into the locker room after the game. Have to say the Niner fans are much nicer than Raider fans at games.

15. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    J-ville.

Cleveland (in that old POS stadium, which was the nastiest place I have ever been to a sporting event).

16. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I live in KC and have seen them here four times. With a 1-3 record in those appearances, I have stopped going. The Steelers have won the last two that I didn't attend. You're welcome.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank you

18. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    [​IMG]

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    At least we now have confirmation of where we expected his thoughts come from

20. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Pit
    Buf
    Cle
    Jax
    Tampa (inc SB43)
    Miami
    New O

21. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Haha yeah Niners fans are fine. They get their ass kicked, they just go home and let you have the stadium for the day. Gotta watch out for Raider fans.

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    1nce in Baltimore... never again, we were treated pretty bad.

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Cincinnati. I was taking a leak in the mens room and those inbread bas*ards kept pushing me in the back. Sooooo. I kept willies stream going and turned around pissing on their feet saying hey man let me piss. They scattered said I was crazy. I shook willie and left. Walked in the next mens room to wash my hands. Thought of it later. I should have shook hands with any cincy fan who would have before I washed mine

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It wouldn't surprise me if those fans wouldn't have wanted to shake Willie instead of your hand Sarge. It is the Queen city.:roflmao::cool:

25. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I think Baltimore and Philly would be the two places I wouldn't even think about going to.

• Agree Agree x 1