1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dollar Defense

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Danthesteelersman, Aug 7, 2018.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    That game was a nightmare and I remember it like it was yesterday. I wanted Steelers to get redemption vs. Cowboys after SBXXX. What a debacle.

Steelers have had their share of opening day blowout losses... :facepalm:

'89 vs. Browns
    '97 vs. Cowboys
    '00 vs. Ravens... shutout
    '01 vs. Jags right before 9/11
    '02 vs. Patriots MNF
    '11 vs. Ravens

2. Cobalt7

Cobalt7 Active Member

Jul 27, 2018
    My thoughts are always going to be old school=Dicipline. We have not shown it. The Steelers gotta' meet their potential on Defense. No more waiting around or talking about next season and listening to Mike Tomlin praise good effort after a team like the Jags crush us. I believe it’s past time to reconsider who’s running our defense. We need 31 teams to fear us. If Keith Butler cannot reinstitute the culture of Pittsburgh DOD-'Dynamic Offense Deterent' and let the scoreboard for opponents light-up like a Christmas tree...... Fire Him.

3. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    It was worth more in copper than 1 cent.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I remember all of those games. The Cowboy game sticks out in my head for all the same reasons. I thought it was our chance to show how the tide had turned against an aging dynasty. Boy was I wrong. :facepalm:

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Nobody? 4 quarters.:facepalm::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Didn't Alvin Harper have a monster game that day with multiple TD''s after having some long contract talks with the Cowboys leading up to that point? I remember talk of him going to free agency and I wanted him on the Steelers. Something about him feeling under appreciated next to Irvin.

7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    4 quarters= a dollar. I get it. It took me both of your posts. But I did eventually get it. I may be slow, but I make up for that by not being very fast. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Cam is a beast. Tuitt had one good year when Cam went down. I'm left there wondering where the hell he went. I think we lack in the motivational department. Tell the guy someone stole his lunch or something.

Get him a little pissed off. It'd be nice to see him have the type of impact like he did back then.

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Pretty much have to figure out how to deal with fast QBs now. We very well might be playing Lamar Jackson twice a year, which I'm not exactly thrilled about as I believe he's one of the most dynamic runners in the league.

10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Bravo :clapping::th thgoodpost::herewego!:

11. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Didn't Tuitt get hurt right away last year? He never seemed fully right after that. I am hoping for a big year from him.

12. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Yea, they basically knocked our teeth out. I remember when Irvin caught the big pass but had skin hanging all ripped off, what a bull sh-t turf that was.

13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    He was plagued with some injuries, but did end up playing 12 games last year. He had a bicep injury early and a back injury mid season. I'm hoping for a big performance from him also. We kind of need it.

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He revealed at teh begining of summer that he had a bicep tear and basically played with one arm the entire season since his one side was weakened. Add to that the fact that Hargrave played most of the season with a lower back injury and that side of the defense was weak all the way around. He gets full man points for playing with the injury but they are overruled by the dumbass points for playing when clearly not 100%

15. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Good point. He wasn't at 100 percent. Hopefully we're healthier on the D line this year. Need those guys to play well, especially with this Dollar defense.