1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you bench LeVeon 1st game? Partially?? Fully???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Aug 10, 2018.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Let's say Conner and Ridley show impressive carries and catches throughout the preseason and bring about a fresh attitude. Would you bench Bell for the Stains game or at least a quarter., half or maybe not even the entire 4 qtrs?

Obviously, Bell has special talent but I'm tired of his whiny, rapping, not going to practice and instead hang out in strip bars persona.

Personally, I'd have him parked on the bench quite a bit in the 1st game. I'm sure it would blow up though if the Steelers lost but that is the gamble I'd be willing to take.

Anybody else?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Le'veon would play better than both of those guys probably combined. With that said, I'm getting tired of it all. At this point, I'd be cool if they just traded Le'veon for draft picks or something and just went with what we had.

I'd rather guys working their tails off to make plays for the team then someone who every play looks like it's motivated by personal goal of becoming the richest running back in the league.

Takes the fun out of it for me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    No.

I don't blame him for what he is doing. Look at Khalil Mack and Aaron donald too.

At the same time, I'm glad the Steelers didn't give in.

We will be better in the long run for not dumping that much money into a RB.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    nah just run bell into the ground and toss him

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    If I were coach, yes I would bench him for one game. I've done it for my best players in kid sports, so I'd do the same with a professional.

That being said, the steelers will play him immediately because he's not going to sit a game with a 14m contract and do nothing for that money.

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It took him 4 games to get up to speed last year. It's just hurting the Steelers and prolonging that. Run him into the ground and lets see what kind of shape he's really in.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers were dumb to keep him in the first place. We could have acquired some "real" linebackers with the money going to Bell.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly, sit him a game and it takes 5 games to get up to speed.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't want Conner in there until he learns to block. That's why we didn't see much of him last year. That's why we won't see much of him this year. He will get Ben killed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    At this point I would rescind the tag. The strip club thing was the last straw for me. Its not that he was in a strip club. Its that he is supposed to be working. His team is at camp working their asses off. At least have the decency to not get caught on video, drunk, rubbing an @$$. Its always been something with this guy. Its always going to be something. Leveon will end up derailing this season if the Steelers let him. Let him go sign with the Raiders and maybe Martavis can teach him the playbook.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Run the wheels off him..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    No way would I bench him as some sort of punishment. Bell is doing nothing wrong. He is exploiting the rules of the current system, the same rules that are allowing the Steelers to tag him again. Bell is possibly the best RB in the league and certainly the best one on this roster. Play him and use him until the wheels fall off.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I would let him sign , then find a trade partner and trade him b4 the trade deadline is up. JMO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    At this point, I think everyone's point of view is valid. I guess I'm saying whatever it is we are going to do with him, just do it already! I think he deserves to be punished for his actions or inaction. It wouldn't have any meaning with him. Trade him away or let someone pay big for him, well, that is what he wants. Either way, he won't be here next season, so the logical choice is to run the wheels off him while he is auditioning for the money he wants. That is our only win in all of this Bell business in my opinion.

15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    What would be accomplished by benching Le'von for the opener? Other than making some Stiler fans feel better?

Does it help the team? No. Does it help Bell get season ready? No.

Does it send a msg to the rest of the team about dedication?
    Doubtful, holdouts have happened in the NFL since the Stone Age (I know, this isn't technically a holdout), but every player knows he might want to use his leverage at contract time, and they don't begrudge a fellow player for doing the same.

If you want to send a msg, rescind his tag and let Bell find the best deal in can elsewhere right now. But it doesn't appear that the Steelers want to do that.

Prepare Bell as best you can when he gets in. Use the hell out of him this year and part ways at seasons end.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Definately 1st game, unless he surprises the world and comes acouple weeks before gameday..a trade would be bonus.

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nonsense, at the end of the day Bell gives you the best chance to win.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I agree with most here, play the guy. Ton of money sitting on the bench. Maximize the guy while he's here but otoh I wouldn't mind seeing him get 5 or so less touches a game and try to save some of that dude for the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cobalt7

Cobalt7 Active Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Choir Director Mike Tomlin has no desire in developing harmony within the team. He'll hand out scented candles when the shirker Bell arrives. IMO LeVeon Bell should have been traded as soon as he announced his choice to be unaccountable/absent for Steeler training camp. But, because MT is himself unaccountable to his players that are working their tails off we won't see his lil' rapper pal on the bench.

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Bath and Body Works has a new scented candle called "Stripper Glitter", but I guess it smells like a$$ :lolol:

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I would trade but their probably isn't a suitor at this point and why? He costs nothing more than money at the end of the season. At this point I'd like to see him contribute but know he'll be rusty no doubt coming into it all. I wouldn't mind them giving him a few more blows throughout the season and have been saying the same since it was determined that he needed to be overused in essence for the team to win week in and out which is false. I didn't want him getting that contract as I think they've already beat the **** out of him and long term he's gonna keep dipping as an asset. Just my opinion and I presume he'll sign here soon but they might as well get what he has left here for this season... Just hope his attitude don't cause unnecessary **** in the clubhouse.

23. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    He’s the best RB in football
    You are paying him 15 mm a year
    He’s technically within his player rights

No

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Honestly, I think this last strip club thing ( along with the other dumb ****) probably lets future suitors know that other things matter more so than football to this guy. Sure football is his bread and butter but it doesn't appear he's taking that too seriousy especially in a personal investment type career move. Be it his afforded right or whatever to not be with the team, he's shown he's willing to bet on himself rusty or in decline or whatever coming out of the gate as opposed to wowing a potential suitor or his current team into buying his rhetoric with a me first attitude... Sure someone will buy into it and probably look like idiots not to far into the deal. Only my opinion however history at his position and history with that attitude hasn't totaled into what his dreams or desires expect majority of the time.

25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    A trade would have been great especially for a defensive playmaker, but the Steelers did make a substantial offer to LB26 so I think they still saw him in their plans. But you're right that time has passed. He is a special talent at the RB position - he can run, catch and pass block. I'm over it as a fan personally so I just want to see him be successful for the team's sake as I'm sure everyone does. I too, hope the attitude/persona is not a distraction.

• Agree Agree x 1