1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OK, now we find out what's what

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I know preseason is meaningless, EXCEPT when it comes to younger player evaluation, which, to me, is fun.

We will finally get to see if our 1st round pick is the beast some think he is. Some of my friends are predicting 2 sacks, one int and a forced fumble in tonight's game. I really hope he is all that he has been hyped to be. If he puts up that kind of production, even against scrubs, it will be worth noting.

I am excited to see what Washington can do, but I really don't expect much from Mason - as a matter of fact - he will probably look lost out there.

I bet Samuels will get some touches, so let's see if he is a legit player.

I hope to see if Frazier can add something to the DL, we need depth pretty badly. I hope out coaches can get the laziness to be a thing of the past.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What are they basing their predictions on? Hilton is the nickelback that blitzes the most, not sure the hybrid safety that they are using in dollar situations while be the guy blitzing the QB but who knows it could happen. The radio shows were saying Foles is dinged up and wont play and Wentz is still working back so it will be a 3rd and 4th QB that are playing so maybe bring the heat from all over. I'd expect more out of the back up OLB's and this Thomas kid at ILB more than Edmunds but some contested balls would be great

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Thomas and fort. Will we see this pairing? I'm interested in that. Could it become a legit pair in a base defense against the pass or more? Intriguing. :cool:

4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would expect Mason to play in the second half. No pressure, and not many starters left in at that point. I bet the kid lights it up.

5. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    We will get to see who's gonna overreact to preseason again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Don't play we all know that HOF status is determined in the preseason

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cobalt7

Cobalt7 Active Member

Jul 27, 2018
    What's what? We find out after 3 more of these yawnfest events conclude and a 53 player roster is handed to the league office. Then Mike Tomlin launches our 2018 season against gamers who want to hand us an -L- week after week / then we know what's what.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, what did you find out?

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    That #51 Jon Bostic looked a lot more like Sean Spence than James Farrior.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    that we have three decent back up QBs

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Wrong, he didnt light it up..........

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

LJ and juju made the biggest play of the game, meanwhile dobbs threw a pick and MR had 2 fumbles and no TDs, he needs a lot of work....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Is LJ LOLandry?

• Like Like x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes, but with less letters. :crybye:

• Like Like x 1
  15. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Well we found out two of the top five rinning backs drafted this year may miss significant time with injuries and a third had a dismal showing against a weak Giants team but Barkley lpoked good so at least there is that.

16. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Well, that we have a real prospect to take HB's roster spot in Patterson.

That Croissant might actually make the team, with his weight loss, he almost looked like a legit NFL HB.

That our first round pick (most had going 3rd-5th round) didn't change that narrative yet (3 tackles, goose egg on all else).

That Burnett and Bostic look like good additions.

That the team still blows at tackling.

That Olasunkanmi Adeniyi might be the surprise in the punchbowl and give us a young James Harrison with QB pressure.

How's that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I like what Patterson brings. But he still has alot to prove. He's got 3 games left.

On the Dobbs INT - even though it was an absolute rainbow, Patterson had to come back and get that. He just sat back and let the CB make a play on it.

Poor throw by Dobbs but Patterson needs to help his QB out. Couple that with the missed TD on the Rudolph throw and that's two big mistakes. Now he did enough good to offset those.

Hopefully he continues to improve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    But Watt Wack said we should've drafted Nick Chubb in the first round, and let LeVeon go :facepalm:.

19. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Yes pull one line out but without context. And, the story is far from over.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You're the one that thinks these rookie RBs could easily replace Bell :bowdown:.

21. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    [​IMG]

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree - I thought that was Rudolph's best pass - fired on a rope right where Patterson should have been if he ran a decent post pattern. Rudolph sort of sandbagged us with all those lob passes (several very effectively) but he showed us something on that laser into the end zone that Brown or JuJu would have nabbed easily and of course Hines Ward made a living catching those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That's the thing Rudolph has to adjust to. In his conference where they play no D he didn't have the small windows he will have in the pros. He will have to learn when more zip is required and the timing he has to get down as well. He has the arm strength,he just needs to learn when to use it.

• Agree Agree x 1