1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tonight...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ben There, Aug 9, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I hope Conner runs for 100 yards in the first quarter, and then they pull him. That would be great.

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Me too. I cant wait to get my first look at Mason and TE. I was dead set against drafting Rudolph. But now that hes here Im pulling for the guy. I really hope hes the real deal. This could be like watching Ben's first pre-season action.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I watched the game once mason got in but it was pointless to watch Landry jones. He'll more than likely never do anything in a meaningful game for this team.

4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Before 1978 there were 6 preseason games. In 1977, the Steelers had an extra game against the College All-Stars making it 7. Imagine all the analysis if we had cable back then.

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Tell that to any UDFA that used the preseason to make a name for themselves and make the team. The preseason is 100% needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So living in NY I couldn't watch they showed the NYG/Clowns and Bills/Panthers. I did listen to a little on the radio enough to hear Sutton get a pick only for us to give it right back. The game is being replayed on the NFL channel today at 4 so I will record but not sure when I will watch as I will be gone all weekend.

7. Cobalt7

Cobalt7 Active Member

Jul 27, 2018
    “The NFL should do things to the highest possible standards. Preseason games are not that.” Commissioner Roger Goodell, August, 2017. Training camps are already scrimmaging NFL opponents during their preparations for the season ahead and I submit that during the next NFLPA negotiations the league will press for reducing or eliminating this nonsense of a 4 game 'injury' invitation that features yawning along the sidelines, throughout the nearly empty stadiums & in living rooms-IMO

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    So do you really think FWP makes a name for himself without that monster 4th preseason game? Without that game he wouldn’t have been on the team. Sorry that doesn’t show up in a practice scrimmage. I like the preseason. I like seeing the young guys in action and see what the Steelers have coming down the pike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Just save it and play it back right after the Steelers win SB #7 this next February to see how this upcoming record breaking undefeated season all started. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Lol might just have to try that :smiley1: