1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we be worried about JuJu?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Aug 8, 2018.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    https://triblive.com/sports/columni...juju-smith-schuster-needs-lesson-in-being-pro

Madden is controversial, but he's on the money on many topics as well. I agree that JuJu needs to concentrate more on becoming a better professional football player and plying his trade as opposed to promoting his brand. We've got too many self-promoters on the team now and too few who will sacrifice self for team. JuJu surprised the league last season but NFL DCs and DBs will be ready for him this year. He'd better concentrate on taking the next step instead of being "LIT"!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He can do both. Like it or not, thats the world we live in now. I have heard nothing about JuJu being a slacker.

Madden is a blowhard, nothing to see here. (Sorry Jack, not an attack on you or your post, I think Madden is a jerk).

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Madden is a jerk, though he certainly does know a bit about putting self-promotion above your job performance. :cool:

This is a lot of hot air about nothing. I just wonder how long Madden will hide from Smith-Schuster after writing it, if he even goes near the players any more, that is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Madden has been posting click-bait articles for years. It's what he does.

This is the same man who once said, "Ike Taylor is the worst draft pick ever."

I take what he says with a grain of salt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What do you make of Ben's comment in the article about JuJu's "mind not being right"? Maybe he was having a bad day but based on what I've read, he's had an uninspiring camp so far. I think he's been hurt and may not be 100% healthy at this point so I'm hoping that's part of the issue. JuJu was an endearing character last year because he seemed to have a good head on his shoulders and came across as innocent and naïve. I'm just hoping that he doesn't get enamored with his own hype and take his eye of the ball (literally and figuratively).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yeah I'm not worried about jujubeans. These hamstring/hip/arm injuries got me worried though. not enough to lose sleep but enough to be on the dark side with heinzmustard lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    imagine all the divas if dez comes? AB, JUJU, Dez, Bell. might get our own show on A&E lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Juju brings a lot of youth an energy to the team. This could be a harder year for him sure. He caught the whole NFL by surprise, last year. Heck even caught all of us fans by surprise. If he stays healthy, will be key.

Mark Madden needs to lay off, lets face it this guy is just 21.

Why change how he acts? Results are the only thing that matter. Produce results, stay out of trouble. Only thing you got to do.

9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    And to think, last year we didn't even know who JuJu was coming into training camp!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not worried, until the start of the regular season. I'd say it's a bit early to pass judgement on professionalism based on camp antics..... I mean seriously, let the kid have a little fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I knew who he was having the benefit of watching him play at USC and was the first to pimp him in the draft....

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Let's see. Were there any other grandstanding, self-promoting, me first, "lit" receivers in the NFL?
    Terrell Owens
    Michael Irvin
    Chad Johnson
    Those guys did pretty well for themselves despite being the most "lit".
    I think JuJu will be fine, he's only 21. More Jerry Rice than T.O..

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Probably just meant he was lacking focus that practice. Going to take more than a bad practice to worry me. Also, IF Juju is letting himself be distracted, he strikes me as an individual that would buckle down if its brought to his attention.

Definitely not. I even drafted him on my FF team BEFORE he broke out.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    AB has the antics and the work ethic. I expect JuJu will grow in the same mold.

I thought the article had some validity when I thought it was John Madden.

“Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game.” - John Madden

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I'll wait and see what he does throughout the year before I decide whether he is more AB or more LB. This should go under the old saying -- If you want to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk. Also, this he's only 21 stuff shouldn't be an excuse. Guy are fighting for their country at age 21. We have to stop making excuses for the younger generation. Every year the age where one is a "kid" gets older and older. 21 is past time to quit acting like a teenager or at least be moving away from it, you have to have some fun after all.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It's still a game too and the kid seems genuine and has fun. I can't fault that type of approach. He's a talent and he was coming out of college. Let the kid enjoy the fruits of his labor and enjoy this time in his life, it won't last forever.:smiley1::cool:

17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Well this took longer than expected. I'm not worried until he doesn't show up in the regular season. He was injured all last year in camp and didn't show much. He can't fall off this year or he will never hear the end of Fortnite and playing video games.

18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well JuJu did tweet that he's the most lit player in the NFL :shrug:.

20. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I enjoy seeing a player enjoying himself. That's all I see with JuJu at this point.

21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I wouldn't be too worried about Juju.

But.. He's a real young guy, with more money than he probably figured he'd ever have, who gets lot of attention and likes it. He's become a fan favorite, and I'll bet the girls like him too.

Is this a distraction? You bet. He seems smart enough , but he might need a kick in the butt to get back to reality.

22. Cobalt7

Cobalt7 Active Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Kevin Colbert signed him to a four-year, $4.19 million contract with $1.84 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $1.19 million and damn it he needs to earn it. My concern is his focus and it's unlikely Tomlin will require it. It would be uncharacteristic to see disciplined players inside a Tomlin team. I hope Smith-Shuster will be a Steeler that DC across the league.... lose sleep over.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Here is a case where veteran leadership should be used. Set the kid down and say straighten up
    play like you have been there and act professional.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    JuJu will be fine

• Like Like x 1
  25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    It's your avatar that does it for me. :thumbs up: