1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gruden knocks MB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blake duerden, Aug 5, 2018.

1. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Gruden knocks Martavis Bryant: He's got to play better

nfl.com
    Just aint going smooth for MB. No word back about another possible test issue. Was hoping he would be a sneak fantasy pick, JW is looking good in camp tho and it is earrrly in camp.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2018
  2. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    When I read your post, I thought it was worse than perhaps it is. MB has been sick, and has missed reps because of it; JG is just trying to light a fire under his arse. It seems MB doesn't know all the routes he needs to know yet. I'm still glad we dumped him, his overall 'tude wasn't good for team chemistry.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Who?:huh:
    Don't care about him anymore.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Still too early for anything definitive.

That being said though, much like Tomlin, Gruden likes Versatility. Given the fact that Bryant was not used as much in the slot and was mainly a home run threat, cannot say I am surprised.

As I stated during the draft, fans will admire both Washington's dedication, desire persistence and perseverance; qualities that Bryant did not showcase during his tenure here.

Within that same vein however, I do thank Bryant for all he has done for the Steelers and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cobalt7

Cobalt7 Active Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Gruden has MB and we don't. I couldn't care less about what is happening in his career. I care about being in Atlanta, Feb 3, 2019 watching our Steelers bring home Lombardi # 7. Period!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Get madden 19 and make it happen!

On a side note AB is on the cover :D

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    "He's got to get out here and play better," Gruden told reporters Saturday, via the Raiders' official website. "He's got to get out here. He's in a competitive situation, and right now, a lot of the other receivers have had a nice camp.

"He's just got to learn the offense. He's got to stay out here. He's had some illnesses. He's got to get on the field. He's got to master the offense and become more versatile, and that's the key to making this team better."

Wow! I just got around to reading the article. Gruden really called MB out. Dosent sound like Gruden has as much patience for babysitting as Tomlin does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I immediately thought the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Gruden was just being honest with MB, telling him the truth isnt knocking him but just trying to use motivation to get him to see the big picture, he has to earn his job it's not going to be handed to him without him being on the field.........

11. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Lol. “The grass isn’t always greener on the other side?”, seems appropriate.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Tomlin benched MB.

13. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Totally agree!The past is the past!How he performs with the Raiders is all on him and doesn’t really effect us as I think Washington was a good pick and is no head case!!I know Washington hasn’t played a N.F.L.down yet but just my opinion.

14. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
  15. VTSteelerfan

VTSteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2016
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you are exaggerating

17. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So, if he doesn't pick up the playbook and get cut .... can we pick him back up for cheap? Win win situation for us

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Maybe the reason MB isn't picking up the playbook is that he's smoking the pages? :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Does it really surprise you? He left his fellow players, coaches, front office and fans down
    here in the Steel city by being suspended multiple times. Will be out of football shortly then he
    can get a real job. Smoke some dope with his homies and live in rural SC and get high all he wants too.

20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah, for one game. He babysat MB for years prior to that. By the time Tomlin benched MB he did it because he had no choice. He would have looked foolish if he didn't do something.

21. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    He still looked foolish as it was.

22. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Cleveland hemorrhaging WRs, MB wants it soft, Browns are softer than any team in the NFL, Haley always liked MB, MB knows what he will be getting.....MB will be in Cleveland one way or the other.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think we got a steal. Martavis is very much overrated. People fall in love with his size and speed, but something is left to be desired.

We got James Washington and Mason Rudolph. A very substantial upgrade IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2