1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Training Camp Updates 2018

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers4Lyfe, Jul 26, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    And something tells me "all the reporters who cover actually cover the draft" are less educated than Kevin Colbert, GM for one of the most successful franchises in the league during his tenure.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You are questioning credible. Now that’s funny.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :smiley1:

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    So, are those educated reporters smarter then Colbert? Colbert thought he was was best. So, are are you clearly saying that your opinion is this reporters know more than Colbert?

That is clearly what you implied.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    In camp is Dupree rushing from the right side with TJ Watt on the left?

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Colbert knows what he wants and what he thinks of the player, but he is less likely to have real answers regarding what other teams want than some reporters.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    See my last response. Colbert is a better evaluator of talent than the reporters, but that isn't what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about having a full picture of what other teams in the league think of players. The question here isn't if Edmunds can play. It is whether or not the Steelers could have gotten him later. On the latter point, reporters who have sources all over the league could easily have a better grasp on the situation. It isn't a matter of smarter. It is about who is more likely to get somebody in the front office or scouting department of other teams to share information.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We have RBs.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

That would probably be a good way to get fired too.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The issue is Mac that the brass gave him the 5th year option, switched his position, gave him a picnic blanket and yet again, he is injured? Now don't get me wrong, I don't wish any injury on any player, but Dupree needs the reps. I wouldn't have given the 5th year option, he has done very little to justify this, and good thing barring injury they can pull it. I'm just not positive that all this will finally propel him to stardom. And this is the concern, all eggs have been put into his basket, and I feel this was a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    That option really means nothing at this point 13. Maybe some incentive for now. :cool:

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Rudolph taking command at practice calling plays like a vet.

Washington keeps catching and catching.

Edmunds looks real good.

This draft shows promise Preseason should tell.

I think Landry Jones is close to being done lol

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Looks like LJ has better stats in camp than MR or dobbs, landry has the 2 backup locked, need to see what mason does with defenders coming after him in a real live fire game before crowning him king:

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/07/2018-steelers-training-camp-stats-first-five-practices/

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    While I love a good debate this whole Edmunds one is silly....it's all speculation on everyone's part. Could they have gotten him later ? Maybe/ maybe not.....they identified a need and they identified a player they thought would best fill that need. Only time can tell if they guessed right,which is a lot of what the draft is...
    I'm sure there weren't many ,if any reporters,scouts or management that thought in their wildest dreams that Brady would be any where near the player he turned out to be. Everyone wishes they did their due diligence now ,huh? There is so much misinformation being spread around draft time that it's difficult to listen to any of the chatter.. The Steelers had needs they scouted the players they had a realistic shot at and when the draft fell the way it did Edmunds was their choice. Subscribing to the theory that they could of taken somebody else and still gotten Edmunds later has no basis in fact....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Colbert said Landry is their backup.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Of course he is the backup, he has more TDs with less picks, and a way better passing percentage than MR in camp and is more ready to play behind ben this year than any of these green tomatoe QBs on this roster....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think a reporter would have as much chance of getting the nuclear codes as they would of getting a look at any teams draft board. And if you saw say 15 of them the information would still be useless without the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I've done this a myriad of times, but, what the heck, once more.

Sony Michel - a beast RB. We could have been done with our Bell headache and had $14 mill more to play with. That would have set the tone.

By the way, if we skipped on TE we could have got a better S in Reid in the 3rd round.

Austin Corbett, G. Foster is a UFA next year. This guy would ensure our OL dominance. He is as complete and as clean as they come.

If you don't like Michel, we could have taken Nick Chubb.

Harold Landry, OLB. Great lean, need to end the Bud Turd experiment and have TWO legit rushers at OLB.

Ummmmmmmmmmm, and with the AB comment you are making MY point for me. Since we didn't over-reach like we did with TE, we got BOTH AB and Pouncey instead of just one of them. Do you get why that is better?

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Watt, you and PWP are Siamese twins. :facepalm::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    FYI, Michel suffered a knee injury in camp that required a "procedure." He may be back for the opener, but it looks like he's going to miss the entire season.

21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Well, Sony is expected to be out for the pre season and possibly start of regular season so there's that but the hypotheticals are endless... Previous drafts this draft etc... It's over. We could've skipped TE and maybe not have gotten him. Selected who ever else in the first and not have it pan out as has happened around here a few times in all honesty.

If TE becomes what this team needs, then it matters not where he was taken or wether or not he could've been taken later. Pitt tried to to get their ILB and got beat to the punch the rest is history. Hope the kid becomes great... Nothing is guaranteed no matter what round.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    ... In news pertaining to Training Camp...

- Camp was cut short today mainly due to rain. A lightning delay.

- Quite a number of players sitting out; Brian Allen, Joe Haden and Keion Adams among them. Tomlin indicated a majority of them will likely be seen on Tuesday as tomorrow is the day off for players.

- The new "catch" rule being showcased today. Xaiver was being covered well by Vince Williams. Had two feet inbounds with the ball secured. Comes out at the last second. However, catch was ruled a touchdown in the endzone.

- Rudolph's develoment is continuing upward. Ball placement getting better. Found Jesse James and connected in a tight window. He is stringing together good practices. Thursdsy cannot come soon enough.

- Defense ended up winning the goal line situation today. Butler stated in a video after that, among the people who are impressing thus far, Terrell and Morgan have stood out to him. Take that for what it is worth.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    but I am haopy we got a D pro in the first, some might say they wanted an ILB, but I say no I like the DB depth pick, because, and those who wanted to pick Edmunds in the third round are not going to like this, we were free to go after and get Washington and Rudolph, the OSU combo that has chemistry implications for a promising future, we'll see but I am standing w org. on this draft call, pundits be damned, (insert beating a dead horse emoji here)

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Exactly.....but since we are dealing with this boards version of Nostradamus.....what do we living in the here and now know....I'm bowing out of this hypothetical nonsense. Maybe when the 9 realms align the truth will be revealed....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Is Bud Dupree lining up on the left or right side of the DL? And what side is TJ Watt rushing from?