1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Training Camp Updates 2018

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers4Lyfe, Jul 26, 2018.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

For the love of god will you please stop spewing this crap? It is pure crap.
    99C85B7A-889B-42FC-92D8-3D41562B10CD.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016

• Like Like x 2
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah I love those guys ,they are funny together...I usually tune in whenever I can...usually Monday's morning after a game when they replay the post game stuff...

4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It will be like a game of Watt Wack-a-mole every time he sticks his head out....:roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I meant a credible, non-angry source.

I never found one site/magazine/scouting report who had TE going before the 3rd, and many had him going in the 5th. That means we could have taken him later and still got him. We could have got a sold RB prospect and gave Bell the middle finger.

6. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    No, you clearly are still missing the point: TE could work out great but it STILL won't change the fact we could have taken him later and picked up another need in the 1st. No matter how well he turns out, nothing will change that. Noll wanted to take Stallworth in the 1st but his staff correctly convinced him, he'd be there later, so don't use a 1st round on him. They were right. He was taken in the 4th. TE would have been there in the 3rd (or maybe even the 5th) so why use a 1st on him? Just not smart regardless of how he pans out. But I guess you will never be able to grasp this. We could have grabbed Sony Michel and not be sweating Bell showing up at strip joints instead of camp.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    One team thought he was a first round prospect and it seems as though they are right. We didn't need Sony.:cool:

8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I know it's not my argument and I understand the point your trying to make but where you lose me is where you say it will still be a mistake no matter how he pans out....if he turns out to be the next Troy ,how can you say it was still a mistake? You think if NE had a chance to draft Brady again in the 1 st round this time knowing what we know now....would it be a mistake? If we had taken AB in the 1st when everyone else had him as a 5th or worse,would you be upset.... Maybe we could of gotten him later but all it takes is one whisper about another team falling in love with him and he would of been gone. Seeing that Safety was a glaring weakness of ours I guess they weren't willing to risk it...time will tell if your argument has merit but if he turns out to be a Pro Bowl caliber player, it can't be viewed as a mistake....

9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

What you can’t seem to grasp is none of your sites, magazines etc are nfl scouts, coaches, or general managers. Those are the people that matter. NFL teams aren’t surprised when a player falls or rises as they are the people that have been scouting and working these players out for months. Fans like yourself and the talking heads you clamor towards are surprised because you are on the outside looking in and have no direct knowledge of the situation. So yet once againyour claims are baseless.

10. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    So, you are saying it would have been wise to take Stallworth in the 1st round - as he turned out to be a hall of famer - but then missed out on getting Swann and Lambert? Because that is what would have happened had they taken Stallworth in the 1st. It never makes sense to take a player earlier than you need to, regardless of how good you think he is. Noll was right about how good Stallworth was, but it was still infinitely wiser to wait and take him in the 4th, allowing us to also get Swann and Lambert, 2 others who were Hall of Fame players.

And, yes, I would be ticked if they took AB in the 1st because OBVIOUSLY they could get him later. Had we jumped the gun on AB in the 1st, we would never had the chance to get Pouncey.

11. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    How is that a fact when you don't know how the draft would had played out?

12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

There is a reason they call it dope.

13. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Hmmm, I find it quite ironic that the "talking heads" you espouse to discredit are exactly what two people posted in this thread as to add credibility to the assertion that TE was a likely 1st round pick. So which is it? The "talking heads" assertions hold water, or they do not?

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Wait, so you don't think Swann would be drafted by our 2nd pick?

15. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

The talking heads you clamor towards. I guess you missed that part. Since all you’ve done since the draft is ***** about the Edmunds pick there isn’t snowball’s chance in hell you missed what was posted. Instead You chose to ignore anyone with anything resembling credibility and focused solely on every bs clickbait article you could find. You actually posted a link to reddit of all places to use as a credible source. Rofl

16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I'm still pissed they didn't use their first on Marino!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Nice tap dancing, now answer the question:

I find it quite ironic that the "talking heads" you espouse to discredit are exactly what two people posted in this thread as to add credibility to the assertion that TE was a likely 1st round pick. So which is it? The "talking heads" assertions hold water, or they do not?

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is your opinion, one that is far less educated on the topic than all of the reporters who actually cover the draft and they all thought that the Steelers took him too early.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

I have been hearing some good things about this WR Patterson, he could be a candidate for the practice squad.

• Like Like x 2
  20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  21. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Talk to me when out-of-shape Bell is stinking up the joint for the first month.

22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I found that tweet after Terrell Edmunds was drafted, when I was looking for some info on him since I didn't see him on anyone's radar leading up to the draft. I was very surprised by the tweet, nice call by La Fancora.

• Like Like x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Hindsight is always 20/20 ...tell me who your realistic options would of been instead of Edmunds...then let me know when these guys become Swann and Lambert...it's easy to look back now and cherry pick examples.
    I would take AB over Pouncey any day of the week. The draft is a crapshoot one mans trash is another mans treasure...of course it was wiser to take Stallworth in the 4th because he was still there. I know it's early but Burnett and Davis have barely seen the field and all the reports have Edmunds playing well and up to his 1st round status. We would all be complaining they didn't address the need at Safety if 1 of those guys is banged up all year. Who would we turn to then? We had a need ,we addressed it and only time can tell if we picked the right guy regardless of where he was drafted...you can't guarantee if Edmunds or a competent option would of been available. Just like Dobbler mentioning Marino....a lot of teams were scared off of him because of some rumors. You think it was a mistake not taking him now?

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    James Conner: " If you want to win.......run with me...

25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    So today was a good day :cool: