1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jul 15, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    So are you saying that players in free agency dont go to the highest biddrr?

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No, that’s not what I’m saying. You just get confused easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Of course. Look at the contracts for positions. Brown making 500k more than Evans and Evans making 300k more than Hopkins than Hopkins 200k more than Watkins and so on. It's like that for every position, it's a gradual thing. Bell want to go from 8.25 to 16. It's not happening. It's horrible for the league.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

He "only" makes a mere $14.5 million this season!

• Like Like x 1
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't think anyone should pay 15 million for a rb bit it's the Browns they traded for Brock Oswilier and his huge salary even tough they knew they were probably going to cut him. They aren't the brightest bulbs out there.

6. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    They sure haven't been. But in the case of Oswillier, didn't they end up benefiting from signing him for that stint?

http://www.businessinsider.com/browns-brock-osweiler-trade-brilliant-move-2017-3

7. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    We r close to hearing the truth

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    wtf does bell want? our team pretty much is throwing everything at him and he wants more. if he wants to move on so be it, I don't care at this point.

now if he stays, at least I have my jersey and reasons to complain that he hamstrung our team lol

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    He be crazy to skip 8 games. He would miss out on half of his year's pay. He would be that much further behind. I don't care how good of shape your in. Your not used to playing football. Who know what the Steelers record is at that point? He would start slow, not play well until the last 4 games. Maybe Steelers are in playoffs but maybe they aren't. How does one cash in FA during that scenario?

It be very idiotic from my take on that move.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Gurley is the best at his position. The only reason Bell would have had a shot at the rushing title if he did play the final game was because Gurley also sat out the game.

Look at Bell's average per carry last season. That was a huge drop. He did not get better last season. He just stayed healthier than in previous seasons.

If you want to kid yourself, go for it, but that's all you are doing here. Bell is still a fantastic player, among the top two or three backs in the league, but there are serious red flags that you are missing.

11. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
  12. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Since we know he might sit out games, what are the chances the second he signs his tag, we try to flip him... there are rumors that other teams may be interested.

Bears having trouble signin* Roquan Smith. Bell for Roquan ,or Howard and a pick. Anyone?

Bills could be without McCoy for a bit...Bell for Tremaine Edmunds, or McCoy and a pick?

IMO it’s time to try to spin this into a positive. If Bell won’t give us value for his tag cost (opportunity cost of having a back who is concerned about his health and can’t be relied on because he will miss games vs having cap space to sign a player who will contribute) then its time to look at options.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

If a team is willing to give, at worst, a 2nd round pick, I would be interested.

That being said, best to wait until Week Six. Then again, seldom do the Steelers trade; midseason no less.

14. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    At week six, Bell would still be making 9.4 million on our tag. I just don’t want to pay a guy who will take four weeks to get into game shape and then play cautiously. We have options.

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

He would also still be able to be traded as well.

As I said, highest bidder. Whichever team gives the Steelers the best overall value for Bell via draft pick is the team that can take him.

Again though, we also have to assume that James Conner is far beyond his progressiob at this point as well; Jaylen Samuels being far greater an impact the same.

16. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
  17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm a LB fan but this is ridiculous. I heard on the radio today that Devonte Freeman is the highes paid RB but only 12 mil. is guaranteed. So far Bell will have made including this years tag ,something like 26 mil.
    The Steelers have actually done him a huge favor by tagging him. Unless we can work out a team friendly deal with a lot less guaranteed money the best thing for the team would be to let him play and let him walk after the season....he's a talent but a long term deal with guaranteed money just doesn't make sense for the RB position in today's NFL....I just don't see another team taking the chance next year on a RB with the mileage LB has on him. He's gonna be in for a rude awakening....

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No deal. Bell apparently planning to play it exactly as he did last season. I hope the Steelers run him into the ground.

I have no problem with Bell wanting more money than the team wanted to pay, but I do have a problem with him sucking the first month of the season, which I'm sure is what we are going to see in 2018.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    if I were bell I would just worry about producing, and trust the process. Steelers aren't a team to screw you over when you produce like that. They take care of you.

I know its business but its kinda disrespectful to our Organization.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    No deal for Bell. I predict Bell holds out 4 games into the season this time. Just a hunch.

21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    According to PFT, Bells agent just tweeted in practical reality, this is Bells last year as a Steeler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Well, now drafting a RB in the one of the1st two rounds doesn't seem so silly now, does it? And we could have STILL got Edmunds in the 3rd, 4th or 5th (better yet, got Justin Reid in the 2nd, who will prove to be a better NFL player).

23. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Mr. Selfish! bell.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Thats fine, He nvr wanted to be here anyway...

25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Like I said... Owners are going to stand together on this. He's not getting what he think he's worth.