1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Can our receivers get it done?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jul 10, 2018.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    DHB still has the speed he was not used correctly by Haley . DHB is a great blocker so his routes should be the Wheel off of the WR screen and the Seam off the tunnel screen. On both those plays he is the lead blocker or the deep route runner this is what he does best. Still have options to pass on the backside to the single WR and backside swing passes and flat routes to the RB .Can also run the backside TE on seam,post and fade routes.

Meaning there are plenty of ways to run the plays without the Defense really knowing where to defend. Asking DHB to catch bullets near the LOS is not being efficient.

Out of those same sets the WR reverse and the End around to DHB can be used as well . He has proved he runs that play well yet it's only called once a year ? DHB has solid value if the Coach sets up the right play calls .

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, Bryant on end-arounds was assinine. He was way too lanky and a long strider to make it work consistently. DHB is getting older though., some of that game speed might be coming off this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    look DHB, I'm sure you wont get cut anytime soon lol

4. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    My mind was blown everytime they used Bryant on end-arounds and bubble screens. Haley HAS to be a dumb guy; how obvious was it that you use MB to go deep or maybe on some intermediate patterns, or as a decoy, but NOT on patterns where quickness in small space is needed. Just because MB can fly downfield does NOT mean he would be good at the short stuff. He looked like a duck out of water, and yet Todd kept using him on those plays. Why? They were wasted plays.

5. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Between passing targets to AB, Ju Ju, Bell, TEs...I think Washington can give us what will be needed by the #3 WR. If he grabs a few a game it will be good enough. I think he is going to be more reliable than Bryant. He doesn't offer his blazing go route speed, but has really strong hands and is good at locating deep balls, plus should be better at more of a complete route tree than MB could, even though dumb dumb Todd tried to use him for routes he was just not good at...all the time.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He is about on par with BA running Logan out there three times in one game to run a fake end around HB draw that netted 3 yards each time by Mendenhall. Only reason to fake it three times is so on a fourth you don't fake it and it goes for a big gain yet they never did. That's stupid.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I honestly think our WR corp is going to kill it this year, provided we stay healthy.

Ju Ju and AB starting is a solid lineup.

And I think Washington is going to be the real deal. What do you think his highest upside could be? I think a year or two from now people are going to be wondering why he wasn't a 1st rounder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I won’t get a lot of popularity here, but MB was particularly good when we went deep on third and one.

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I don't think Ju Ju's injury will keep him from being productive. He has some time to let it heal up a bit. As long as AB is healthy, I have no concerns with our receivers. Every one else will play a role. He's the ace card.