1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

5 biggest questions heading into camp

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jul 5, 2018.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

That may be the size of the ring when we win our 10th.:smiley1::cool:

3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Top 5 questions:

1. Will leveon show up
    2. Will leveon sign a long term deal
    3. Will leveon sign his franchise tender
    4. Will leveon play another yr in Pitt after this one
    5. Who will replace leveon if necessary

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes
    Not this year
    Yes
    I think so
    See above

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    No
    No
    Yes
    No
    Conner, Samuels, Franklin.:smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    In 2070?

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, now I would try googling "unrelated" :thumbs up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I can't remember what started this, so I'll concede and apologize for what I'm assuming was a stupid and insensitive remark made by me. Unless it was something to do with Tomlin...

• Like Like x 1
  9. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Not true. A leader in the locker room is different than leader ship and focus from the coaches. Intensity and attention to detail is 100% on the head coach and his staff. Leadership from the coaches starts with preparation, expectations, motivation, and accountability. If the team is showing up on game day unprepared or lacking focus and intensity its on the coach. If the players don't have a true leader in the locker room then its the coaches job to do that also.

How many games have we lost to inferior opponents because we were unprepared, lacked focus, and looked flat? It's a few games every season. Then come playoff time the team is as fired up as they can be and we get out coached on the field. Our talent is the only reason we are winning games. Give Tomlin just about any other roster in the league and he'd be lucky to be 8-8.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    And I will apologize for not making it more apparent that I was just playing. Sometimes I get caught up and don't know when to quit. I really should try getting a life!

11. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    No one on this roster now. Conner can't stay in one piece for long, Croissant isn't an NFL caliber RB, Samuels isn't either. If Bell is not signed, it will be one of these guys who replace him.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019RB.php

12. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I'll go one further: Give MT any QB other than Ben, Brady, Rogers and a few others, and he's an 8-8 coach all day, if not worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What about Ridley?

14. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I don't think he is NFL starter quality. Could be decent #2 if he holds onto the ball.

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    You seemed to have forgotten Ridley and Franklin.:cool:

16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You're fine by me. I don't take a whole lot of this serious. None, to be exact.

• Like Like x 1
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Isn't that what we are really talking about. None of the guys are starter quality behind Bell but each brings something to the table that can be used if push comes to shove and with Bell''s track record there will be pushing and shoving

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers have done well in the past and went to Super Bowls with RB by committee. Bettis/Parker... Morris/Pegram... Mendenhall/Moore.... Harris/Bleier. Why people think we can only win with Bell and Bell only is ludicrous.

19. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Pollard and Abercrombie

• Like Like x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    They were good in 1984, but one game short of the Super Bowl, thanks to Marino.

Pollard and Abercrombie were legends in my electronic football league.... Lipps too.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Relying on Bell and only Bell was not the problem last season. He alone was better than some of those pairs you mentioned.

22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Bell had 85 receptions last season, 75 the year before in 12 games. That's the biggest difference. And the fact that Franco was one of the best RB's in history...along with Bettis. Who is the seasons committee if one of them isn't Bell?

23. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    He's on a journey alright...to the bank to cash his check. Cha-ching.

24. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016

I liked your post and think you made some good points that, for some reason, not many want to accept. From the start Tomlin has been fawned over by the sports media who seem to want to protect him rather than be honest critiques of his coaching. Oh, they'll criticize a play call here and there, but never his coaching as a whole. The old reply of "who are you going to replace him with?" or "there will be many teams who would love to have him" are the answers I hear all of the time to fans on sports shows who would like to see Tomlin change his ways or maybe the team go a different direction. They conveniently ignore the fact that nearly EVERY fired head coach ends up with another job the following year. Should Tomlin need to motivate his players? No. They should be able to do that on their own, but they are not. Whether it is ego or entitlement, the players don't all play hard every game. If you look at the last several years objectively (even going back to the last Super Bowl run), the team plays one half of good football and that's it. I would tell anyone who doesn't see this to go back to the last Super Bowl year, where we lost to the Packers, and I would defy them not to see one good half in each of the three games (divisional, conference title, and Super Bowl).

I've said it before, imagine what we could have witnessed if this team played hard for a whole game, every game. We might have won a couple more Super Bowls.

If the players are just in it for the money and not the winning, then it falls upon the head coach to address it and Tomlin hasn't and has shown no signs that he even can. If the team didn't get out of his control last season, they were darn close.

25. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    How many Super Bowl berths do we have with the mighty Bell?