1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Report: No Bell at camp

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  3. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I read it twice and didn't see where anything new happened, yet the headline more than insinuated a development. Even the Bus comments are old.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The word “Duh” was invented for the writer.

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    If you actually read the article and follow the links to the source you will find an opinion piece. It is the opinion of a writer at the Pittsburgh Tribune Review that Bell won’t report to training camp. No quotes, no unnamed sources etc

6. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Weak, but also probably true: Bell won't show if a deal isn't done.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Look for more of the same you saw last year, About game 4 he will be in football shape.

8. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Of course he isn't going to be there.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    In other news water is wet :shrug:.
    The deadline to get a deal done is a week away, I don't see it happening.

10. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
  11. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    I know it’s a business decision in today’s NFL and I get that.Is Le’veon the best all around back in the league?With no biased opinion yes,if you look at his stats and all around play!Could he get more money from some other teams?Yes again as most other teams have more cap space and some will overpay.Will he be as productive somewhere else?Probably not as he’s on an offense with few weaknesses and a team in the mix for a shot at the Super Bowl.He’s hurting the team by not being in camp and getting in sync with the offense (nobody says he has to play in the preseason and risk injury but at least get reps in camp).I think the Steelers stand their ground as the two sides are too far apart on a contract and side with the Steelers front office on this one and you will see a repeat of last year’s holdout of preseason.Not really going out on a limb on this one but it still sucks!!

12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't see him making that same mistake twice. He is playing for what he hopes is big money from someone.

13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    One week to go. If Bell isn't signed by then. I say that it's pretty much a sure thing this is his final year in a Steelers uniform.

There is part of me that wants a deal done, so this distraction goes away. Because your going to hear about it every game, the whole season.

I still think Steelers aren't budging and Bell isn't budging.

Problem may be the signing bonus amount up front as oppose to the number of years and money per year.

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    im cool either way. it's not like we are the best offense in the league with all the B's, so whatever lol

15. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I just see Tom Brady in the Super Bowl every year with guys like Dion Lewis, Blount, Danny Woodhead, Rex Burkhead.

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yup with makeshift o lines too. Bill bellicheck is a master at adjusting and using his players to their strengths. The B's are like a madden team on paper. Exciting, fun to watch, but haven't sniffed a superbowl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He also has the unguardable Gronkowski.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    And short little wide receivers. But, it's a system and they run their system to a T. But, they get the right guys for their system.

19. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    He wants to be paid like a number two WR, then do it. Move him to WR, put him in the slot, and hand the backfield over to Conners and Samuels. We do need a slot receiver if Rogers doesn't come back healthy this year. We might need to view Bell as a receiver who can play running back instead of a running back who can play receiver. Do this and all of a sudden $15 million a year is cheap for a good number two receiver. Ju Ju goes to 3, and Washington 4. Just a thought.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Is there anyone who thinks Bell will sign a long term agreement between now and drop dead day (Monday?)?

21. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    If my life depended on making a choice. I would lean toward No deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I wouldn't punish JuJu for the selfish Bell . I am not so sure Bell could be a great #2 ? The right move to me is pull the tag and move on without him. We have never beat the Pats with Bell I say save the money and move on.

23. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    I doubt they would pull the tag on him as we’re still better with him as a one year rental.He wants that big contract next year and will be performing on all cylinders after about 4 games just like last year.

24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And when we lose some of those first 4 and have to go to NE and lose that's if we don't choke on the way how much value does he really have ?

I see another wasted year coming.Ben only has a short time left I say F Bell and see what Ben can do with his other pass catching weapons. Use the Bell money get another top notch CB and move on. IMO Bell is a mental cancer and after a long season his antics have a huge effect on the mental make up of the Team come playoff time .

IMO we need to be able to do that ra ra speech ie. remember back in OTA'S remember those Hot days of camp, remember all that hard work? The antics of Bell makes all of that a facade. He as a so called star of the Team is not there, easy for me to see how that probably could and will effect others.F his skill either be a Team Leader or move the F on.

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He won't leave 14.5 mil. On the table. He won't sacrifice his body during the season for the good of the team. He doesn't care if we get to the super bowl or not. He will be about making himself look good and not the team. There will be no risks taken by him for that extra yard we may need if there is a chance he will take a hard hit to get it. He will play for the next down and next year. The team part means nothing.:cool: