1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Is Not A Top 10 QB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...h-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-snub-119526889/

Don't you think it's odd when dudes who should have good insight are so football stupid?

Carr is a moron here. He thinks Ben isn't all that good, that Bell, AB and Haley inflate his worth.

He's an idiot. If anything it is Ben who makes everyone look better than they are, not the other way around.

What are AB's #'s like when Ben is out? OK, there.

I think Carr is always trying to inflate his little bro's value. Derek has one season of decent stats, but that is all he has had. Talk to me when he has won multiple rings, then we can talk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    According to NFL Analysis david Carr he no longer is a top 10 QB.

How do you feel about this? Is he right? What kind of QB would he be if he didn't have AB and Bell?

Cajun

3. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    We posted this same topic at exactly the same time. Mods, please combine threads if you choose to.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I read this like a week ago. This is his opinion so please people don’t overreact to this goofballs opinion.
    David Carr stunk as an NFL QB. What kind of credibility could he possibly have on this subject. Big Ben is a lock for the HOF. This guy is just jealous and stirring the pot.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Carr is still salty that the Steelers routinely sack him 8 times a game everytime they played him. He maybe more concussed than Aikman

• Like Like x 1
  6. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm surprised it hasn't been posted for discussion before now.

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben is the best qb of all time in the history of the nfl. David carr is the 2nd best from his family.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ll tell you why, because it’s dumb and anyone with any sense knows it’s not accurate.

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm curious who he listed ahead of Roethlisberger.

Brady and Rodgers still the two best in the game. I think Wentz and Wilson belong ahead of Roethlisberger. Maybe Brees would be a fifth, but I think he is right there in a group with Roethlisberger who are all close, including Stafford, Rivers and Ryan. That still puts Roethlisberger in the top eight at worst.

Watson might be better, but let's see him make it through an entire season first.

I'm sure there will be arguments for Cousins, Smith, Goff or Newton, but I don't think you can put any of those guys ahead of Roethlisberger just yet. Carr probably included his little brother in his top 10, but he regressed quite a bit in 2017, so I just don't see it.

10. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I can see David's point. He isn't saying Ben isn't a HOFer. He's saying Ben is the Beneficiary of having two top 10 guys in Bell And AB not to mention a top 5 OL.

I watched every game last year and many times Ben looked like the worse QB in the NFL, missing wide open players by not a close margin, and at times he looked like an All-Pro!!

Early in the season he was very inconsistent.

Cajun

11. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I would of respected the list but he put his brother at number 4 in the league. The list is a joke when you do that!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I think his blowing mess on Ben was all about feeling insecure about overrating his bro. Listening to him, it seems like he has barely really watched Ben play. Ben makes everyone better much more than the other way around; he has proven he can win without Bell or AB, and dear God, he won in spite of Haley, not because of him.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think that last part is only partially true. I think Haley did make Roethlisberger better. Roethlisberger did get better at throwing in rhythm. He improved in terms of getting the ball out of his hands more quickly and using his safety valve options more often.

The problem is the mix didn't last. Their relationship became toxic, mostly because they are both jackasses. Also, I think Haley's message wears thin very quickly. He's good for a few years, but then he wears out his welcome. Clearly that happened again this past season.

14. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Yea, track records: Ben got along great with Arians. They were close. Haley gets along with no one, given time. You could clearly see it on display on the sidelines of Pgh: No one wanted to celebrate with Todd. They all ran from him. It's the same everywhere he goes: No one likes him. That, in itself, isn't an indictment on him totally as a coach, but on top of that, his play calling is horse s---t for the most part.

15. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    I can go along with Brady and Rodgers(although he has proven to be injury prone at the wrong times), but no way on Wilson. I live in the PNW and get force fed Seahawks 24/7. Wilson is an incredible human, athlete, team mate, example setter and more....but he is not the NFL QB that Ben is IMHO. Just my2 cents

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Wilson did more with a lot less around him last season. I figured others would disagree. I can see Roethlisberger as low as eighth, which was my point, but not outside the top 10.

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I dont even know nor do I actually care.. HE is our QB and we take him good or bad. Done one hell of a job for us over the years. Would like to see a couple more SBs

18. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Pretty much agree. While I think many Steeler fans overrate Ben, as you say he's top 8 at worst. And I'd put him ahead of Rivers and Stafford, maybe after Ryan. Eli is also in the conversation. So to me, Ben is top 5-6.

But there are two different questions.
    If you were starting a franchise and got to pick a QB off of anyone's roster for your team who would you take. Guys like Wentz, Wilson, Goff would go ahead of a 36 yr old Ben, so would Ryan, Rodgers. By this metric, Ben's a top 6-8 QB, depending how you value the young guys.

If you had to win a game tomorrow and start one guy, who would it be? Ben does better here. Brady, Rodgers , Brees, Eli could go ahead of Ben, but not many after that. By this metric, Ben's top 4-5. Though he ain't won too many big games the last 10 years.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  19. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben is still one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Period. End of story.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    IMO it should be Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ben, Rivers, Ryan, Wilson, Newton, Stafford, Smith

I left Wentz and Goff off the list. I takes more than 1 season of good play to make my top ten list. David Carrs little brother didnt make it either. Carr rated his brother 4th and fact of the matter is he was sub par last year. Remember all the hype the Raiders had before last season started? People had them as Super Bowl contenders.

Funny how Carr knocks Ben for having talent around him. Yet he praises Wentz. There was so much talent around Wentz that the Eagles didnt even need him to win a Super Bowl.:hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

A good friend of mine is a Redskins fan. Let's just say he doesn't get all the Roethlisberger haters either. They'd love to have a franchise QB that has won superbowls.

Enjoy what you have while you have it. You don't realize how good things are til it's gone.

• Like Like x 1
  22. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

Maybe just me but I am taking wilson over Ben...... Wilson is ridiculous and does not have a quarter of Bens tlaent around him and does not make those dumb mistakes ben does.........

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought Ben was elite?

24. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Brees (consistency)
    Ben
    Wilson
    Wentz (could move to 3 this year he looked that dominate last year)
    Ryan
    Rivers
    Stafford
    Newton

After that a lot of???

Watson played a half a year
    Luck coming off serious injuries
    Garapolo played about 5 games
    Goff need to see another good year
    Carr regressed badly last year
    Cousins seems better than he is due to weak QBs league wide

25. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Point on about Wilson. Think you have to put Brees over Ben because both are great QBs but Brees is much more consistent