1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant potential suspension lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelcityclash, Jun 15, 2018.

1. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...iders-fear-suspension-for-wr-martavis-bryant/
    Wow...unbelievable...
    If there is truth to this, Bryant’s career could be over. The “alien” has all the talent in the world, yet can’t keep himself in check. If it’s another weed infraction, I’m sure living in Cali hasn’t helped him.
    So blessed to have traded him when we did. Washington looks to be the real deal.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Assuming this is going to be a suspension, not surprised personally. Yet people like Will Graves believe it was questionable to trade him. I found that interesting when it happened. Not the trade but the mixed reaction. :lolol:

Nevermind the "Press Corner" rule. Bryant's "promises" turned out nugatory in the end; his sophistry towards his new teammates doubly so.

"Do not let the door hit you on the way out".

I do however, will take this time to thank Martavis Byrant for all he has done for us. From your breakaway speed to seal the deal against Arizona to your amazing catch to help us win in Cincy in 2015, I thank you good sir. :herewego:

He will be missed; self inflicted or not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Hahahhahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!! Welcome back to the NFL Chucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolol::dancing::lolol:

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, if true we knew when to get rid of him thank God.

5. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  7. steel_upper_lip

steel_upper_lip Well-Known Member

May 16, 2018
    For those of a certain age, this reminds me of a Dallas episode where JR sells Cliff Barnes foreign oilfields for a fortune minutes before there was a coup in the country.

I can see kevin colbert leaning back in his chair (minus a stetson possibly) and with a wink in his eye saying “Art, we just made a killing”

• Like Like x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Thumbs up for the Dallas reference!

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We got a backup offensive tackle, not sure about the making a killing thingy.:smiley1::cool:

10. steel_upper_lip

steel_upper_lip Well-Known Member

May 16, 2018
    Point taken and while strictly true I like to think more that we gained Washington in return...or our future HOF qb

11. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    chosepoorly.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    And yes...A back Tackle with tons of potential under Munchaks guidance...Even more imporatnat now, with Hawkins out...In a round about way we got Washington, Rudolph, and Okafor...For 1 year ( looking now like no years ) from Bryant!

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I'm not going to gloat about this, I wanted to see MB turn his career around in oakland for the better, it's sad if he gets suspended again just when he had this great opportunity presented to him to finally have a chance to turn his career around, of course if it's true there is no one to blame but himself.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Colbert is a genius

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This sucks. Martavis Bryant is a badass WR. I was rooting for him to succeed even though he's a Raider. If he gets suspended again... he needs to move on with his life's work and get employed somewhere in Washington state or Colorado. Maybe try a job cultivating cannabis or work in one of the cannabis dispensaries. What a waste of talent.

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    ... except when drafting 1st round OLBs. :facepalm:

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I feel bad for him. Kid has some demons and was working hard to overcome it. I guarantee he took the trade hard. Despite his early season tantrum about being traded, he wanted to be here.

I was shocked by the trade but 3rd rd value for him was a great deal, couldn't pass that up and seems like Colbert made the right move. Whos to say this would have happened if he was still in black and Gold though.

Oh well. Good luck Bryant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    A player also gets tested when signing on with a new team, he must have tested positive, which would put him in the stage 3 drug policy, which reminds me of another player who ended his career in 2016 with the ravens when he got a clean slate second chance:

Will Hill was in the third stage of the NFL's substance abuse policy when the Ravens acquired him and the team knew that when they picked up the player, there was a very real risk that he was one failed test away from taking a 10-16 game vacation. The Ravens took a small risk and gave Will Hill a chance when no one else would because they knew that he could be a great safety. Unfortunately for Will Hill, he decided that weed was more important than the opportunity of a lifetime and his NFL career is over.

19. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am not wishing ill on Martavis. It could be a situation like last season. Too early to tell.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Martavis may be dumber than Plexico, and I didn’t think that was possible.

21. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    We used that 3rd to move up for Rudolph, who by all accounts could be the true steal of the draft... we shall see, but Fichtner (I think) was quoted recently saying he felt lucky to have another franchise quarterback. Seems like he’s totally onboard with what he’s seen. If this pans out, Colbert should come out of the tunnels like it’s the WWE.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I believe that trade was made so they could move up in the first but couldn't work out a deal.

Either way, led to Mason which could turn out to be the pick of the lifetime if he is the next franchise QB.

23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's just crazy to me that the NFL even tests for weed. It's legal in numerous states, it's about to be legal in Canada, and even Trump is talking about getting rid of the federal US law regarding weed. There's nothing performance enhancing about it, just the opposite in fact. It's time the NFL get with the times. If players want to smoke weed, let them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    CFLs new 2016 drug policy allows pot smoking by players, same as the old policy, PEDs will get a player suspended but not pot:

yes, CFL players can still smoke as much weed as they want / need to. While the new deal respects NFL, CIS and World Anti-Doping Agency suspensions, the list of banned substances is entirely of the CFL’s and CFLPA’s choosing. Mary Jane didn’t make the cut and that’s undoubtedly a good thing: attitudes and laws about marijuana in this country are changing fast and it’s an open secret that a significant number players in the CFL like to sample the electric lettuce from time-to-time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2