1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Actually, we did get into her past last season. She's from Alabama. Daddy was a good ol' boy politician that had a respectable outward face, but was an abusive drunk behind closed doors. Maddy couldn't take it anymore as a teenager, and to protect her mother (and sister? Not sure if I remember that right), she killed him. So, no connection outright to anyone on TWD after all (maybe they planned to and scrapped it. Not sure).

Yeah, I'm not happy with the decision to kill her off. I'm sure they have a story/show reason to do it as it forces Alicia and Strand into new roles. But on the surface, to a jaded fan, it looks like Gimple killed her off to put Morgan in her place. And most of the original cast was killed off to make room for new characters in a sort of "reboot." But that's to a jaded fan. I'll wait and see where the story leads. And as much as I would have liked to keep Madison around, this is a world full of danger, and losing people is part of it. It's funny how some fans ***** and moan about Daryl or Rick or whoever having "plot armor," and then complain when they do actually kill someone off.

But you'd better keep your damned hands off Alicia! (And John) Go ahead and kill Laura/Naomi/June. I'm over her already. Keep the rest for a while anyway. And don't forget that Daniel Salazar is alive and (more or less) well in FTWD. And the show runners have promised we'll see him again.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats right, forgot they did tell that story about Maddison. I was thinking about the tie into one of TWD characters we were hoping for.

The characters are what attach you to a show, at least for me, when the ones you really like are gone, of course your gripe. So far in TWD, the only one I thought that should have been a no no was Glenn. I dont read the comics so I don't care if they don't follow the same path but understand that the people who do, want it to remain true to the comics.

In FTWD, I just thought Cliffs death was so dumb and anticlimactic and Nick, I didnt like killing him off until you mentioned the actor wanted to leave but I have come around on how they did it. Although not sure if I missed it but why is Alicia ok with Charlie tagging along with them? Is she not aware she killed Nick? And did they explain why Charlie shot him? I figured it was because Nick just killed the guy from her group.

The next death I'll have a problem with is Rick. I'm hoping that he just goes on hiatus, his character gets separated or maybe sets out too look for Morgan and this way, if they ever bring this show to a close, they have the option of him being there at the end.

There have been other deaths in other shows that I thought would cause me to stop watching and I didn't, like Jimmy from Boardwalk Empire, that pissed me off to no end! But it was good enough to keep watching so maybe TWD will be too but man, its dragging on now. Cant keep a show going forever.

3. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I imagine we're not done seeing mixed feelings at best and outright resentment/ hatred at worst towards Charlie from Alicia or Luciana. Charlie did shoot Nick impulsively after Nick killed her protector/friend. 2 sides to every story and all that. And lets not forget that Charlie was never going to see them as friends after the way it all went down, so when Nick attacks Ennis, he's now an outright enemy. Hell, we might not be done seeing Charlie resent them for killing everyone she knew.

Or maybe Morgan got through to all of them that it has to stop somewhere. I won't be surprised if there's a time skip going into the second half to fast forward through some harder feelings.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, the second half of last season had a ludicrous "big bad."

And I know many are still licking their wounds over losing Nick and Madison. (I'll agree on Madison. Never cared that much for Nick.)

But overall, I thought the cast became much better by the end of the season. And that much better cast grows by 2 this year. Both FAMILIAR faces. I'm excited to see one back, and one join. The trailer will tell you who I mean.