1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What Would Make You Stop Cheering For The Steelers?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers89, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Ummmm....
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    If operating in ego-protection mode got worse. I'd bail.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    OK that's it. I'm out of here! :facepalm:

(Wasn't this a point of contention at one point? Obviously I've been too busy eyeballing the cheerleaders to notice.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah those Steelerettes get hotter every year.

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Can't think of much the Steelers themselves would do, they run a good ship. It would be more changes by the NFL that would cause me to stop watching or watch a lot less.

The officiating has been awful and is really driving down the league for me. CFB is a very close second to me and may overtake the NFL if it continues.

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Like said if they moved in which they will not. I've been through all the lean years. I bleed until my last breath...

• Like Like x 1
  7. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    really if we signed Kaepernick you'd stop being a fan? ya right. You're ok with vick who murdered dogs... but the guy who kneels... no way! hilarious

If Kaepernick went tranny and we didn't sign him.. I'd start cheering for the Browns. Or if the team was sold to Donald Trump, we changed our colors to orange, and put T's on the side of our helmets...I'd just become a soccer fan.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I stopped watching when Vick was QB. Thank God that was a short boycott.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Only time I booed at a game was Vick.

And yet, there were people on this board who thought it was a good pick up?

10. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    ...upon becoming aware of a primarily racist, bigoted fanbase which no doubt I know of some who are already even among those who have commented in this very thread.

...since I'm not from and have never stepped foot in pittsburgh PA, im not sure if a team move would affect me that much but it would be a interesting dilemna.

...if football stopped being football anymore which we're nearly too that point.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    who's ego? Tomlin's or KC's? Rooneys? because by all accounts its a collaborative effort. I swear if you won the powerball you'd complain they paid you in large checks and not 10s and 20s.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Wow... 13-3 11-5 with a below average defense?

Another 1st round set of OLB's under Porter going nowwhere would make more sense..

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I agree that Porter should be shown the door also, but there's a big difference between the impact of an OLB coach and the OC.
    Plus, the ;+) was in my post for a reason. ;+)

14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Do hot flashes constitute "getting hotter every year"? ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Allow players not standing for the national anthem & disrespecting the flag...

I thought they deserved to lose the Chicago Bears game last year, I'm from Chicago anyway...

Chicago game national anthem debacle was unacceptable ...Bears did the right thing

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I used to watch a lot more NFL then I do now. I don't miss a Steelers game but sitting and watching all day? Negative. The game is over saturated. It used to be about the game, now it's turning more and more into the WWF, drama laden. Case in point that stupid Good Morning Football. Good Morning Football? :lolol: And hearing all the witty banter from ex players over and over and over. Show after show after show. It's becoming white noise to me.
    I rarely watch ANY pre game show. I get enough info on the team I support and that's all I need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I liked the Michael Vick siging. People deserve a second chance.

I like the Steelers under the Rooney ownership. If they were to sell the team, and their philosophy changed like every other NFL team, I might lose heart in the Steelers.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    :puking 4::noose:

19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    If my wife gave me the choice between her or my Steelers...Like Brad Paisley said, "I'm going to miss her!"

20. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, I always thought they should have paroled Charles Manson...everyone deserves a second chance!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    hmmm 2 things to make me jump being a steelers fan

1. Jerry Jones becomes owner

2. Landry Jones wins us a superbowl lol

22. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    True story. My old man was at a wedding with his then fiancée on a Sunday during a Steelers game. He went to the bar to watch the game and she got pissed being left alone. She went to the bar and said either you come back into the reception with me or we are done. Needless to say I was born with black and gold clothing 10 years later to him and my mother after she broke it off!

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Horrible pick up, dog stuff aside, he was done by then. It was clear watching him play for the Jets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    :rules::club::club::club: You better not say that name. :mad::rant::emperor:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Actually Manson was locked up a number of times. Plenty of chances for him which he fumbled up to mass murdering proportions. As for Michael Vick, not even close to compare.

I have no problem with people that have made mistakes that are demonstrating making a change for the better. Vick is in that category.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.