1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice For going to Sunday Night Football vs. the Ravens

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Zack Rabickow, May 12, 2018.

1. Zack Rabickow

Zack Rabickow Member

May 11, 2018
    Hi guys. I usually buy my Steeler tickets off a co-worker of mine. This year though me and a couple of buddies are buying tickets. I have a few concerns though and would appreciate any input you guys could offer.

I found tickets in section 226. Does anybody have any opinions on the seats there?

Also , the seats are mobile tickets off NFL ticket Exchange. I'm not really familiar with mobile tickets and if someone could explain that to be I'd also appreciate that.

Of course with it being Sunday Night Football we plan on tailgating. We are planning on buying parking passes for either lot gold 2 or 4. If anyone can help with advice on tailgating would also be appreciated.

Please feel free to offer any additional advice. While i've been to multiple Steeler games they have always been tickets from a work buddy. This is a new experience and I want to make sure i'm doing everything right and for the best price value available.

Zack

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hi Zach,

226 should be good. You will have a nice view of the city. They are end zone which will show the plays developing, but you may want binoculars for the far end and looking at the view. I sit a few sections to your right.

Ticket exchange is safe and fairly market priced. I believe you will get your tickets electronically so you can use them on your phone or print at home. I’m not tech savy, but those are now my options for my season tickets.

Tailgating in 2 or 4 will be good. They are both close so don’t overpay just to be in 2. I hang in 1. Same thing.

On that date, weather should be nice, so leave some time to walk along the river.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Zack Rabickow

Zack Rabickow Member

May 11, 2018
    In regards to the parking passes is paying $166 for a Gold lot 4 pass too much? Are parking passes hard to come by?

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My gut feel is you can do better on the parking pass. I have a hard time getting $100 for a gold 1 the occasional time I don’t need it.

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Gold Lots are big time tailgate lots. If your not looking to do that kind of thing, a lot and I mean a lot cheaper parking can be had. This will be a big tailgating game, due to it being a Sunday night game, folks can tailgate all afternoon and then go to the game later. Sets it up for a big tailgating game. Which is why the cost is so high.

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    $166 for parking!? Take the clipper. $20 parking and $20 both ways. Drops you off right at Gate A. Stage AE is right there which is like a Steelers official tailgate. Bettis, Tilted Kilt, and Southern Tier all in walking distance. You can also walk into the parking lot if you want to tailgate that bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I pay $10 in the parking garage and then walk to the clipper; 5-10 min walk. $10 round trip on the clipper.

If you stay in the city you can catch the T and ride it right to the stadium, which is free by the way. You can use Uber but 1-3 hrs before and after is expensive; 3 miles from the stadium would have cost us $45. Hotels offer shuttle service as well to the T.

As far as seating, the end zone gives a different view. Personally, I would find something on the sides. Sunday night games prices fall the closer they get to game time. Being at work the next day is an issue for people I suppose. We usually try to get rows A-C on the upper deck.

• Like Like x 1