1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

"Steelers normal mode is state of turmoil."

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, May 11, 2018.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :beathorse:Then go root for the Browns

2. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Tim Benz on SNR is critical a lot of the time.

3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah like Cowherd saying he had sources Ben was trying to get Tomlin fired :bowdown:, listen to guys who never been in the Steelers locker room :facepalm:.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Turmoil. This is one of the most stable franchises out there. It’s only turmoil for the people on this board. The team is just fine. :facepalm:

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I think this perception depends on whether or not you use Twitter.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ray may have. He is more aligned with some of the complaints shared on this board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    scooby.png

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks for making me relive that nightmare :smiley1:. To me it's SB or bust for this coaching staff. 10 years is a long time and from the looks of things the message has been falling on deaf ears. Tomlin needs to reinvent himself and I believe he can but I don't know if I believe he will.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Make me.

12. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Yea, "just fine" as in your star receiver recording his own Live Facebook comments as his head coach is giving his after-game speech. "Just fine" as in your starting safety screaming into opponent's locker room, only to get run over at home in the playoffs. "Just fine" as in talking about the Pats' game before we even beat the team in front of that game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly. Just fine. You just listed a bunch of minor chicken :poopy: that causes you turmoil.

Me, I’m stable enough to handle it just “fine”.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  14. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Ive never understood the whole "the world is ending" type fans that have nothing good to say about the team they root for. There are a couple people on this board that are like that. How is that fun? The whole point in rooting for a team is to actually "root" and cheer on your team and believe they can pull it out whether it looks good or not. i understand some criticism cause when your invested in something everything wont please you. But if nothing pleases you about the team then there is something wrong with someone rooting for a team they just hate on constantly. Your either a glutton for punishment or your just trying to stir poop up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think in this case WW has some kind of excel spreadsheet where he keeps track of threads he starts and how many get to multipage status. At least that's my take because even the most pessimistic members of our community occasionally find a nugget of happiness during the year. I myself like to take a realistic approach to discussion with out too much awesome air kicks and high fives but excitement can get the better of me from time to time. I'm really excited to see TJ Watts progress from year 1 to 2 and if he continues to impress I might have to get his away jersey to go with my home one.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Post of the day!

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You need a new schtick dude, all your doom and gloom threads are tired :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I think Tomlin is trying to clean the locker room up. Mitchell gone. Bryant gone. Harrison gone. He made some excellent coaching hires. Two years in a row the Steelers have made drafting high character players a top priority. I've been as critical of Tomlin as anybody, but some of this nonsense can't be blamed on Tomlin. Is it Tomlins fault that Ben started a quarterback controversy where there is none? I can't blame Tomlin for the Leveon Bell circus either. You can't cut everybody that mouths off.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Turmoil? Lack of discipline? MT on the hot seat? I truly am laughing at this thread. How any of you know what is happening behind the scenes is beyond my comprehension, unless you are remote viewing. Remote viewing I totally understand. Where was I? Oh, yeah, I realize our team has fallen short of some fans (unrealistic) expectations, but I would bet there are about 30 other teams that would love to have our success over the years (including the recent years). At this point, a janitor at ESPN could twit about how Ben stiffed his barber's tip back in high school and the barber was upset about it. Check the tweeter an hour later and it would read that Ben is cheap, mean to fans, is not a good teammate, doesn't love his mother, and kicked MR's puppy. This stuff is crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  21. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    What?! He should be traded, immediately. No need to have Vick version 2.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I try not to listen to anything except for additions and subtractions to rosters right now. I too read reports and watch a lot of different shows but this time of year the so called "insiders" have to try to generate some type of news as there is little to talk about. I was watching Pro Football Talk and Mike Florio said that Ben talking about Mason Rudolph wasn't a big deal and it was blown out of proportion by media looking for anything to fill up some airwave time.

Being Steeler fans we tend to be more sensitive to what we hear and read about the team on a day to day basis. If you listen to Pro Football Talk you will realize that there are things like this on every other team right now, in fact the Ratbirds QB looks to be having a quiet tantrum about their 1st round pick. That isn't much news but right now it is blown out of proportion.

All of that said, I do agree with the OP in that I don't think Tomlin runs a tight ship with regards to discipline. I'd also be for firing Tomlin if there were major reports of turmoil in the locker room during the regular season and the team was losing. I think Tomlin was put on notice last year to clean up the nonsense and the reason I believe that is due to the sheer number of people talking about him being fired and the length of time that the talk continued.

The fact that the sports media was talking about Tomlin's record as well as his job security isn't really news after a loss like divisional game. What surprised me is it was talked about at length on multiple shows and in print all the way up to the Super Bowl, that never happened before. I think that was a slap in the face to Tomlin and he now has to prove he has control. So lets just wait and see how tight the ship seems to be by week 4 of the regular season.

23. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Congrats o finding a typo. Should you be rewarded with a star? :lolol:

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hey, hey, hey. TTF doesn't hand those out Willy nilly, you have to earn those gold stars.:cool:

25. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Where is the guy with a gun to your head making you read them?